Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. ajg
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    It seems that there are too many of us Sprint users that experienced this at the same time (with different software loads). Safe to say -- Sprint changed something on their network (that they are not talking about...)?
    This had been fixed for a little while and suddenly in the last couple of days the problem is back for me. Anyone else having this problem again??
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    It just started for me again as well...
    Mine started again last week with Sprint (Arizona)
    Started again on mine as well.
    It seems worse than ever maybe, here in L.A. Anyone know what has happened? Is this happening everywhere on Sprint again??
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I've noticed a bit over the past two days in the DC area. It's never been a problem before.
    started up again a couple days ago in Miami.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    My Verizon Treo 650 has the latest firmware and while running VolumeCare I had the 'network connection' problem. I was at the point where I had to soft boot my 650 twice a day to get a connection. I removed VolumeCare and the problem disappeared. As a test, I reinstalled VolumeCare and the problem returned.

I don't understand the root cause, but, somehow in my case - it seems directly related to VolumeCare - which is unfortunate as I've paid for a VolumeCare license.
    It isn't VolumeCare for me. I've had it on consistently, same version and until last week things had been fine for at least a month or so. Now it just started up again.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by jpezzella
    I have a problem with my 650 in that it will stop connecting to Verizon's data service. Only a soft reset will correct the problem and allow it to connect.

Once I've done a soft reset, my 650 will go for a few hours to a day before it stops connecting. If the phone has a data connection open, any app that uses the connection (Verichat, Snapper, Verizon's mail program, Blazer) will timeout trying to communicate. If the phone needs to open q connection it will launch the 'Connecting to National Access' dialogue twice, auto cancelling it each time after the connection times out.

Verizon says that they will replace the 650, but this is the second device that this has happpened with.

Any suggestions ?

Ok, haven't read the whole thread yet...but here's my experience...

I started having this issue a few weeka go as well with my Sprint 650. I went to a local sprint store and they did a diag which the treo failed b/c it could not log onto vision. I had the latest firmware and non-modified Rom. They promptly exchanged my Treo for a new refrub and the problem has gone away. Thus, if your treo is still under manufacturer's warranty, I suggest you go get it exchanged if you can since this might be a hardware issue in addtion to a network issue...

cheers

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Having the same problem here for 5 of my 6 users. They are PIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSED, and of course taking it out on me....We have 5 PalmOne 650s and a 600. the 600 gets a data connection for about 10 minutes when reset or power cycled, and the goes down indefinitely. The 650s are all experiencing the same problems listed above. Some have been replaced and the problem persists. I have two new units on the way to me right now. I'm leaninig toward the SIM card right now.I'm in San Diego,CA and the problem seemed to start a few weeks ago and is getting worse. 2-3 resets a day for some of my users. We are running NO 3rd party apps besides Goodlink for Corporate Email. all users who have had this problem have been hard reset, reprovisioned in Goodlink, had their networks "reset" from Cingular, you name it.....the sooner I can get this resolved the better!
    I started another thread on this not knowing that this one existed. I called cingular and they know about this problem and they explained it to be because of the wap.cingular.com method of connecting instead of using an IP address for media connection. They wanted me to use their pdanet plan which would fix this problem.

I get around this problem my doing an automatic mreset every morning by scheduling it with lookatme..
    Here's the workaround solution for this in this thread below..
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post853350
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    I've noticed a bit over the past two days in the DC area. It's never been a problem before.
    In N. VA and DC ive started experiencing this issue as well. Thought it might be my phone....
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I must admit- this is getting worse for me as well and getting annoying. I even tried setting Treoguard to turn the phone off, then back on 10 minutes later, at 4AM. When I tried to connect this AM, couldn't do it. Turning phone off, then on, was immediately able to connect... at least for awhile.

The quickest way I've found to deal with this as follows: as soon as I see it isn't connecting, I cancel the connection. I then turn off the phone (even while the "Cancelling" screen is showing), then immediately turn it back on. It then connects fine. Using a Verizon 650 with current firmware. Tried using that app someone suggested to reset some phone setting (name escapes me), but that didn't help.

Perhaps next firmware update will fix this.
    In order to connect to Sprint PCS Vision, I must turn my Treo 650 on and off each morning. It will connect fine for the rest of the day. I have done hard resets and reloaded (not just hotsync) 3rd party apps. Sprint reset my phone (##786?). This all started a couple of weeks ago. I have the latest firmware. I am running the latest AcidSolitaire, Bejeweled, UTS, Bug Me, Card Export 2, DA, JShopper, Mobipocket, MobiTV, PTunes, Ringo, Splash ID, TCPMP, KBLightsOFF, Snappermail, TreoAlertMGR, VoiceDial, and Volume Care. This forum is my last resort. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    I've had the same problem off and on for about a month in the DC area on VZW. A soft reset fixes it each time. I was just up in Boston and still had the problem. Normally, I manually connect to the network with various apps, so when it doesn't connect, I do the soft reset. Interestingly (or not), I tried setting SnapperMail to connect and stay connected to the network to pull down e-mail every 20 minutes. It worked fine for about an hour, then just stopped working, even though the arrows were showing I was still connected to the network. A soft reset fixed it again. This is annoying.
    Is this not happening for everyone? Any Sprint users in LA who don't have this problem? It's really ridiculous.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I have narrowed it down to Volume Care. I just haven't waded thru all the posts to find the solution.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast