Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    This used to be fixed for a 24 hour period by cycling the phone off/on but as of 2 days ago it is happening even more frequently and I have nothing new!
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I had the same problem that everyone here is talking about. I tried hard reset, new volume care and all of the other fixes. Power off the phone and back on was the only way that I could get it to work.

It occured to me that it had to be the way that my Treo was communicating with Cingular. I got them to give me a new SIM and after they activated it in my Treo the problems went away immediately. I'm convinced that if the rep had sent the activation information to my old SIM, the problem would have been fixed then too since I don't think it was my old card, they rarely go bad, but something that happened in the network that scrambled the information in my SIM.

It can't hurt if you get your phone reactivated either. I suppose that this fix would work on CDMA as well as GSM. You might give it a try, it'll only cost a little of your time.
    What is the SIM? I think that is only in GSM phones, not Sprint CDMA.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Glad it got working for you!
    So what does anyone think for Sprint users who are having the prob? We have no SIM card...Sprint doesnt think (or at least the tech I spoke with) its a Sprint network issue...
    J
    This is getting worse and worse. Does anyone notice in the last week that they have to power on/off more than once a day now? And has anyone on Sprint figured out any kind of fix at all?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Read this topic and see if it answers your questions. Sounds exactly like my issue and am ordering a battery now from eBay to try it out. Since i'm out of warranty, can't hurt anything by opening the back and working on it myself.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&page=1&pp=20
    Quote Originally Posted by erferris
    Read this topic and see if it answers your questions. Sounds exactly like my issue and am ordering a battery now from eBay to try it out. Since i'm out of warranty, can't hurt anything by opening the back and working on it myself.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...7&page=1&pp=20
    That thread seems to be on a different topic and is related to the 600. The issue we are all having is with the web connection for the 650.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    OK. After waiting on hold for what seemed like forever, the Sprint tech just claimed the way to fix this when it happens on my Sprint 650 is to go into "Preferences" and then "Network"and hit the "Connect" button at the bottom (which he says is "manual" connecting). Then once it connects, that button reads "disconnect". He claims that kicks things back into shape. However, I tend to doubt it and I can't test it now because my phone just reset while I was on hold for Sprint tech Damn. And he wouldn't give me my MSL number!

UPDATE: Well, after making a call with my bluetooth headset, again I cannot connect to the web. I tried the Sprint tech's advice and...of course it did nothing! Damn them.
    Last edited by TheTreoGuy; 10/03/2005 at 07:20 PM.
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    So....it's getting worse. Has anyone with Sprint found any fix for this? Sprint tech had me do a hard reset and caused all sorts of trouble when they had me re-hot synch so luckilly I had a full restore I could do from my BackupMan. I have my MSL number, but has anyone with Sprint really been able to fix this problem by changing the HA addresses??
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Ugh, i have cingular I just updated to the newest firmware, and it is doing this too. Ugh Ugh Ugh, i'm gonna try to go back to the last firmware...
    I started having the dropped network problem about 4-5 weeks ago, shortly after the firmware upgrade. Numerous drops every day, cycle the radio each time and it's OK for awhile.

I spent all last week in Boone and Blowing Rock, NC and had no problems. Back to North Myrtle Beach, SC and the problem returns.

I suspect this is a 1.31, 1.15 update issue. BTW, I'm on Cingular and not running any of the suspect apps previously mentioned.

Steve
    73 de K3SLS
    It may be severly isolated, but I loaded the 1.13/1.28 ROM the other day, and have not had a problem since. Prior to that, even cycling the phone would rarely re-connect me to GPRS.

I'm in Raleigh, NC.
    Any others with Sprint doing anything to fix this? Have any of you with Sprint noticed it getting worse in the last week?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I just came across this thread tonight, thought it was just me. Sprint CDMA with latest firmware and PRL, don't use Volumecare, San Francisco Bay Area and I'm having the same issue.

I get a continuous hang in Blazer only - just says "sending.." and never receives. BUT- this is different- I can switch over to Snappermail and send/receive just fine! I go back to Blazer and still nothing. Open the case and do the "lazy man's soft reset" (yank out the battery and put it back in), bring up the phone and data connection and it's fine, usually for the rest of the day. I mainly notice this issue first thing in the morning - after resetting the device it usually behaves all day, with occasional exceptions.

This started out of the blue about 2 weeks ago. Annoying, but so far I'm dealing with it. At least there's a growing online support group
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Any others with Sprint doing anything to fix this? Have any of you with Sprint noticed it getting worse in the last week?
    Wow, I'm in New York City, and my Sprint Treo has been getting worse with this same problem, especially this week. What in the hell???

At the very least, is there a program that will cycle the phone on/off in the morning at a specific time? This is getting crazy.

New Version of Volumecare, BTW ,did not change a thing. And to those saying it has anything to do with GPRS/SIM cards, stop it!
    same here in philly....any word? i dont have VolumeCare by the way

"Always listen to experts. They'll tell you what can't be done, and why. Then do it." ---Lazarus Lang

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement." --Mark Twain
    Cingular appears to have solved their month old GPRS problem in the Myrtle Beach, SC area. I just completed three days without a single network drop or the need to cycle the radio.

It's seems to have been a network problem and nothing to do with firmware.

Can anyone else confirm for other Cingular areas?
    73 de K3SLS
  18. rg1
    I'm in Raleigh, NC and have suffered from this issue over the past month. All last week I was out of the country and my GPRS connection worked flawlessly--no issues.
    I am a Verizon user with a Treo 650 and am having the same issue. Started about a week ago. Temporary fix is a soft reset. Also seeing the same thing (new) on my wife's Treo 650 with Verizon.
  20. rg1
    The problem seems to have gone away for me on Cingular (Raleigh, NC)
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast