Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    I am having the same problem my local Cingular provider is going to replace the phone but they are out of stock. I have been dealing with this for over a week. I have never used Volume Care so it is not this 3rd party software.
    I don't think it's the phone. The problem is either resolved by soft reseting or off/on the power button. After 24-48 hrs, the problem resurfaces. The problem came up a couple of weeks ago. I thought it was the Cingular ISP settings I was using, but saw the problem with default GPRS settings under Network. It looks like a network problem, but I wouldn't mind getting a new T650 out of it. Mine has been dropped a few times...
    Crypto
    m100 -> Tungsten W -> Treo 650 -> Treo 750

"Popeyes is the shizzznit!!!"
    I've replaced the phone and still had the problem. I live in SC and my buddy next door wasn't experiencing the problem, but he just flew to Colorado and now it's happening to him too. It must be network related.
    Last edited by jayhawk; 09/20/2005 at 09:27 AM.
    My Cingular provider in Myrtle Beach replaced my phone this afternoon, but I am still having the problem. At least I have a new phone.
    I have another theory, and I don't mean to insult anyone, make sure you digital roaming is not checked as that will not allow data connection while roaming (i have a sprint 650). For some reason my digital roaming was checked, I know I did not do it!. Once disabled, I never had any problem for over a week now.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    Volumecare is not the problem. My Verizon phone was working perfectly for months. Then all of a sudden a need to turn the phone on and off to get a network connection. Still the same. Was going to get rid of it and try the Enfora Sled I saw in CompUSA until I found out that those idiots want $150 retail for it. Too little and way, way, way too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    I have another theory, and I don't mean to insult anyone, make sure you digital roaming is not checked as that will not allow data connection while roaming (i have a sprint 650). For some reason my digital roaming was checked, I know I did not do it!. Once disabled, I never had any problem for over a week now.
    Is that a Sprint only setting? I don't see it anywhere on my Cingular branded F/W. BTW, I spent another 30 minutes on the phone w/ Tech support trying to see if they had any update on the network issue, and they indicated there was no known issue in my area (Raleigh, NC) and that it is most likely hardware related in which they would replace my phone. I normally would jump at the chance, but since I have just gotten my 3rd through warranty for bad headset jacks, etc. I really don't want to go through the trouble (unless of course they would gaurantee me a Rev B.)
    Hey ryanc2,

I'm concerned about Cingular's knowledge of this problem. When I asked to speak with the data dept., they informed me that they were aware of a problem and they read me a lsit of effected states and NC was one of them. C sent me a new (or refurbed) phone and it has the same problem connecting more than once without a restart.

It's the network.
    Jayhawk,

Did they give you any idea when the hoped to have the problem cleared up?
    Nope - no idea, but it's still happening. I tried putting my sim card in my friends 650 and the problem was present and when I put his card in my phone - NO DATA PROBLEM. I called Cingular and they recommended trying a new sim card. Now I have to find a corporate store and ask for a replacement.
    I don't think it's limited to the 650 either. I have a 600 and Sprint and I started seeing issues about 3 weeks ago. I use GOOD for my Exchange server at work and it would lose it's data connection constantly in places that it used to be solid. It would then say "connecting to pcs vision" and then fail and say "canceling". I turned on my network indicator chime and i hear it all the time now going in and out of service.

I did finally call Sprint last night and the tech told me I needed some sort of phone upgrade that he placed on my account. I was to reset the phone, dial *2 and connect and it would self-install. I went through this process and it seemed to work for awhile, but today I'm seeing issues again.

I just did the step that gt51 recommended (disable digital roaming) above and will see how that works, but this is definitely boggling my mind lately as I've not installed any new apps and this just seemed to start happening. I think i recall that i did enable "digital roaming" awhile ago, so maybe that is the issue. It also seemed to start around the same time that Sprint and Nextel joined forces, but I can't prove that.
    Well, it's STILL happening to me I'm pretty disgusted already...
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    My problem is gone! I replaved my SIM card with a new one and I've been connecting withou a problem. I'm unsure what caused my phone to start behaving this way a few weeks ago, but it looks like i was related to the sim.
  14. rg1
    jayhawk.... can you give us a little more about your case. How long have you had a data connection w/o a problem? How'd you get a new sim card? Was there a charge?

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk
    My problem is gone! I replaved my SIM card with a new one and I've been connecting withou a problem. I'm unsure what caused my phone to start behaving this way a few weeks ago, but it looks like i was related to the sim.
    What sim card did you have before? And after?

Is it still working??
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    I have a locked 650 on Cingular and the GPRS data service stopped working about the time of Katrina. It would connect once and then require a reset in order to connect again.

I had the sim card that came with the phone and it was an "a" card that always worked perfectly until a few weeks ago. I was told to go to a corporate Cingular store and they replaced the sim card at no charge. My card was orange and the new one is white. Immediately all of my problems and error messages disappeared.

My phone connects every 10 minutes with Snapper mail and Express and it's been 100% with the new card.
    I doubt sim cards have anything to do with this as cdma phones are also having the same problem.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Spoke with tier 2 tech support again today and they have indicated their is a maintenance update being applied today to the NC, SC, GA, and TX markets with an estimated resolution date of COB today. She stressed estimated. She was nice enough to give me a service credit though, although well deserved.
    Well here is one for you, i dont think its a cingular thing. I live in Barbados, not on a Cingular network (although i bought the 650 from a Cingular store in CT). I have been having this problem for about two weeks now, yes i do use VC, but i consistently see the problem in one area. Whenever i turn off the bluetooth (like this morning after arriving at work) i get this problem. My thoughts are that this is a bluetooth problem, what i also notice is when i do a soft reset, my speaker sounds funny (which had me thinking VC) but when it turns back on after the reset the speaker sounds normal. I am about to do an update to VC now along with a hard reset to see if this helps, but can anyone else say if they noticed this happening with the phone and bluetooth?
    I'm having the same issue on the canadian Fido/Rogers network. I tried VolumeCare and didn't have the problem at the time but a recent change I do remember is manually selecting the 850/1900 network to get Edge speeds. a little background, Rogers aquired Fido and integrated both networks into one. Fido operated 900/1900 and Rogers 850/1900. Fido's unlimited plan at only $50 cnd can connect to Rogers Edge network. I wonder if the 850 or edge might be an issue even though I was using Edge for weeks with no issues. I upgraded to the volumecare 4.19 and it said my demo expired but if I choose Use recommended settings it enabled volumecare without registering and it worked. strange and maybe could be related to this issue.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast