Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I'm glad someone pointed me to this topic. My 650 started doing this last week as well. I use Cingular in SC and even after a hard reset, I have to power off the radio in orde to get a GPRS connection.

Cingular swaped out my phone yesterday and the fully updated new unit had the same problem, so it's certainly a network problem. No third party software was intalled.

The only problem is that each CS person at Cingular I speak with is clueless to the cause.
    Hello,

Something has gone wrong with my phone making a GPRS connection. The error message that I get is "Unable to Establish PPP Connection".

Yesterday, I installed TomTom satnav with Bluetooth on my Treo. Subsequently I could check email fine. This morning, nothing seems to happen when I check mail.

I have checked the following:
    a) nothing to do with my network provider as I put the chip in my brothers' treo and it worked fine.
    b) went to Prefs/Network and everything seems to align to brothers phone incl. the standard provider's username and password.
    c) I don't think it has anything to do with Versamail as I tried to go to 'connect' in the Prefs/Network page.
    d) I went to the Prefs/Connection menu and I don't think there's anything there that would effect GPRS.

Any suggestions? I suspect that maybe one of the links to a port may have been broken, but I have no idea where to find them!

Thanks,
    Charles
    Almost a full day with the latest version of VolumeCare, and no problem connecting to Vision, so hopefully, this was the cause.
    I installed VC and it had no effect. I still can not log into GPRS.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk
    I installed VC and it had no effect. I still can not log into GPRS.
    What I find interesting about this problem, is that it seems to affect Verizon, Sprint, & GSM Treos...also this seems to be a very recent issue for all. I can't believe that all the U.S. carriers are having this problem at the same time, so it seems likely that there is some common hardware/firmware/software issue causing this. Maybe its not 3rd party software at all, is it possible that this is firmware related...possibly the modem driver?
    I know that it can't be 3rd party related because a brand new replacement phone had the problem out of the box. I thought it might be related to my sim card until I saw that other carriers are having the same problem.
    Last edited by jayhawk; 09/15/2005 at 01:26 PM.
    It must be sunspots!
    <merged>
    I uninstalled my old version of VC and installed the latest and no change.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  10. rg1
    Any more updates or theories? I upgraded VC and still no luck.
    Just a thought,
    Mine works now, I installed the newest version of VC and uninstalled cradle care (i am not sure if this has anything to do with it). I also changed my primary and secondary HA addresses, below is a list of SPRINT HA addresses. You need you MSL code for this. in the phone app type ##3282 then click modify, write down your own HA addresses, then change them until you get a couple that work for you. Remeber, reprovision restores your original HAs.
    Primary HA: 68.28.57.76
    Secondary HA: 68.28.49.76
    Primary: 68.28.81.76
    Secondary HA: 68.28.89.76
    Primary: 68.28.121.76
    Secondary: 68.28.113.76
    p 68 28 153 76
    s 68 28 145 76
    Treoing & Loving it
    I spoke with Cingular today and the data dept CS person told me that they are experiencing a problem with GPRS in Southern states. She said that the bulletin was just added and there wasn't a time frame for a fix in the alert.
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Just a thought,
    Mine works now, I installed the newest version of VC and uninstalled cradle care (i am not sure if this has anything to do with it). I also changed my primary and secondary HA addresses, below is a list of SPRINT HA addresses. You need you MSL code for this. in the phone app type ##3282 then click modify, write down your own HA addresses, then change them until you get a couple that work for you. Remeber, reprovision restores your original HAs.
    Primary HA: 68.28.57.76
    Secondary HA: 68.28.49.76
    Primary: 68.28.81.76
    Secondary HA: 68.28.89.76
    Primary: 68.28.121.76
    Secondary: 68.28.113.76
    p 68 28 153 76
    s 68 28 145 76
    How do you get your MSL code?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    call sprint to get your MSL code.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by rg1
    Any more updates or theories? I upgraded VC and still no luck.
    I can give everyone this data point. One of my users that was having this problem all thie time did the following test for me. They verified they were routinely having the connection problem. Then they hard reset their phone and only installed VolumeCare v4.22 on the phone. After a number of hours the connection problem did not happen. To this user and to me, this is a very strong data point to say, VolumeCare is not a cause of Network Connection issues. That is not to say that other 3rd party applications don't setup a condition that VolumeCare triggers to cause a network connection problem. But by itself, VolumeCare is coded to the Palm standard and appears to not be causing the problem. I am continuing to investigate this issue because I do take it very seriously.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I can give everyone this data point. One of my users that was having this problem all thie time did the following test for me. They verified they were routinely having the connection problem. Then they hard reset their phone and only installed VolumeCare v4.22 on the phone. After a number of hours the connection problem did not happen. To this user and to me, this is a very strong data point to say, VolumeCare is not a cause of Network Connection issues. That is not to say that other 3rd party applications don't setup a condition that VolumeCare triggers to cause a network connection problem. But by itself, VolumeCare is coded to the Palm standard and appears to not be causing the problem. I am continuing to investigate this issue because I do take it very seriously.

Jeff
    Jeff, for whatever its worth, I was having this problem with my Sprint 650. I took your suggestion and upgraded to VolumeCare 4.22. The problem went away. I agree with you that VolumeCare was probably not causing the problem, and also agree that another 3rd. party app. may have set up a condition that triggered VC to have complicity in this. In any event, all is good now. BTW, thanks for all of your efforts in making VolumeCare a "must have" !
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeeman
    Jeff, for whatever its worth, I was having this problem with my Sprint 650. I took your suggestion and upgraded to VolumeCare 4.22. The problem went away. I agree with you that VolumeCare was probably not causing the problem, and also agree that another 3rd. party app. may have set up a condition that triggered VC to have complicity in this. In any event, all is good now. BTW, thanks for all of your efforts in making VolumeCare a "must have" !
    I am continually impressed with how seriously Jeff takes these issues (and Marc with Chatter), but others have reported the same issue with no third party software installed at all - clean right out of the box! I hate to see them spend time on a problem that appears to be part-and-parcel to the unit itself. Am I off base here?
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
    I had the problem with a replacement unit right out of the box, as well as with the original unit after a hard reset (nor third part s/w). Cingular has confirmed that they are aware of a problem, but I'm not convinced . My neighbor has a 650 and his unit connects multiple times without a problem. What gives?
    I have never used VolumeCare, and I have the problem. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I haven't used VolumeCare either, and my Treo has been restarting every 1-10 minutes and getting connection failures for the past 48 hours

What gives?!? I haven't installed anything new in over 2 months nor upgraded any existing apps.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast