1.    #1  
    Hi,

I have tried to install Harrisons as well as other programs made by skyscape and it causes treo to soft reset automatically.

I wondered it could be due to other stuff I installed (isilo etc.) so I hard reset and ONLY installed palm desktop. Then I attempted to install skyscape software again on virtually bare system but still same problem.

Also tried manual install by copying database files to SD card and PRC to internal memory, but it keeps crashing.

After spending lot of time, I feel disappointed not be able to run skyscape products in treo 650.

Plz. help with your expert tips and tricks.

Thanx!

treorite
    I have no problem with skyscape apps on my treo and have Harisions's installed as well. What errors are you having with the Skyscape install tool? Are you sure you have all the SMart.* files in ram? The DB's should be in the palm/launcher folder fyi. What error are you exactly getting?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    after i installed skyscape, i have never been able to use lightwav (wihich had been flawless for years for me) since. waste of $40
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I have no problem with skyscape apps on my treo and have Harisions's installed as well. What errors are you having with the Skyscape install tool? Are you sure you have all the SMart.* files in ram? The DB's should be in the palm/launcher folder fyi. What error are you exactly getting?
    Gaurav:

Thanks for your reply.

As soon as I run any skyscape app. it resets the treo and I get palm startup screen. I do not get any errors while installing harisons.

How do I check SMart.* file location in launcher folder? I could not find app. in treo to list me entire file listing or to see folders and contents in int. memory or SD card.

Thanx
    rf
    Quote Originally Posted by treorite
    Gaurav:

Thanks for your reply.

As soon as I run any skyscape app. it resets the treo and I get palm startup screen. I do not get any errors while installing harisons.

How do I check SMart.* file location in launcher folder? I could not find app. in treo to list me entire file listing or to see folders and contents in int. memory or SD card.

Thanx
    rf
    You need to hotsync your treo again. The skyscape smartsync I've found sometimes needs a couple hotsyncs to install everything. Most likely it installed the skyscape db's to the /palm/launcher dir the first sync. It will then sync the palm apps and smart.* UI files the next sync to ram.

To view individual files on the card/ram etc. You need to install a 3rd party file manager. Search for freeware called Filez over at palmgear and that should help.

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions