1.    #1  
    I need to know if there is a way to keep the phone from going into sleep mode. I do understand that it does this to conserve battery life but it can get very frustrating. I would like for the light to turn off but still be able to view the screen. Can this be done? Any suggestions of software that may help this be acheived? Thanks!
    >>>> I would like for the light to turn off but still be able to view the screen.

HUH? I don't there is any way to turn off the backlight on the 650... Hmmm...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    You would not see much if the light is turned off.
    you can adjust the contrast to the lowest degree. And set the standby time for longer that what it is now.
    Thats about it.
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Press option + P to adjust brightness (dim to turn off and on lights). There is also an app called Energy Dimmer that does this automatically on preset times and then turn on with a tap.
    To keep it always on can use SuperUtilities.
    ProfileCare from Jeff Gibbons may also set all this up (not sure). If it doesn't, Jeff will probably customize it to do it if you ask him.
    Quote Originally Posted by BrazilNuts
    Press option + P to adjust brightness (dim to turn off and on lights). There is also an app called Energy Dimmer that does this automatically on preset times and then turn on with a tap.
    To keep it always on can use SuperUtilities.
    ProfileCare from Jeff Gibbons may also set all this up (not sure). If it doesn't, Jeff will probably customize it to do it if you ask him.
    Yes ProfileCare will do most of what you want.

I provide several ways to keep the screen on:

1) If you are plugged into a power source, there is an option to keep the screen on
    2) I also allow for a large timeout value - 15 minutes I think.
    3) I have an auto dimming mode where the screen will progressively dim by 50% until the unit goes to almost complete darkness. Then when you touch a key or the screen, the screen will automatically restore the previous brightness level.

And I am open to making changes that make sense.

Jeff
    Jeff, maybe it would make sense to have besides the 15 minutes timeout value a "never" without power source. This could be useful for ebook reading and other.
    I have seen in other posts users trying to emulate a cell phone feature were the phone is always on with the background still visible with the lights dimmed off.
    With the keyguard on, user could have instant access to information on the screen.
    Some were looking also for a screen saver with a floating clock.
    These are features that are usually found on "standard" mobile phones.
    BTW I am a registered user of both PC and VC with the works.
    This little program will allow you to keep your Treo 650 on all the time (until the battery runs out).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Yaron2, here is a helpful hint: Put your question in the thread title. If your thread title is "Can anyone help me?", then people have no idea what you are talking about. A better thread title would have been "How can I keep my Treo from turning off?"

Good luck!
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.