1.    #1  
    Anyone know if there is an iTrip style FM transmitter for the 650? I know eveyone will write about battery drain and other problems, but I charge daily and love the iTrip.
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freeman.joshua
    Anyone know if there is an iTrip style FM transmitter for the 650? I know eveyone will write about battery drain and other problems, but I charge daily and love the iTrip.
    Much to my dismay there is nothing I know of that is self contained like the iTrip. Wour best bet might be one of those Monster car adpaters with a wireless transmitter.
    I tried a Belkin branded one once. It didn't work very well though.. the treo's cellular signals caused too much interference.
    The unit from DLO works well for me, even in cities. It is rather expensive at about $99 and it works off the car battery. I tried the iTrip and this works much better.

Alan
    Not a tiny one, but you could use the iSound. Not sure if you have to get an adapter for it though.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    I use a iRock with 2.5-3.5 adatper. Works well enough imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    The best one I've found I bought in a truck stop. VR3 - "serious sound" is the brand on the side. Has 7 channels to transmit on, a usb port so you can use any thumbdrive as an mp3 player, and plugs into the 12v outlet so there's no wires other than the 3.5mm plug.

Not sure where to find it online, but seems google could tell ya.

Might be funny, getting things at a truck stop, but I've very little luck with any of the other transmitters, especially on the east coast. This seems to have a strong signal and is the easiest to use while driving for me.

http://www.vr-3.com/vr3_fmmod.html
    Last edited by worksofman; 09/15/2005 at 01:24 PM. Reason: found a link...
    got art?
    shameless plug: www.worksofman.com