1.    #1  
    Anyone having any difficulties with the older Palm wireless keyboard or current Thinkoutside Wireless Stowaway? I've got the older Palm (same current Stowaway) working fine on my 650 but got a heck of a deal on a PalmOne Universal off Ebay ($10 bucks.) I like the fact that the Universal locks so it can be used on the lap and I like that it has number keys (having to hit the function keys for numbers is a huge pain.) However, I've read several reports of incompatibility problems with the PalmOne Universal wireless. I'm trying to figure out whether the problem is with that specific keyboard or both wireless keyboards. If it is a Treo firmware issue (I'm running 1.08) I'll go ahead and install the Universal....otherwise I'll stick with the Stowaway.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I have returned 2 Palms. My third one has problems connecting. Think outside is great.

Using sprintpcs 1.08, should work fine. 1.12 is a problem for both products. But there is a hardware fit. Check other past posts.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by readable
    I have returned 2 Palms. My third one has problems connecting. Think outside is great.

Using sprintpcs 1.08, should work fine. 1.12 is a problem for both products. But there is a hardware fit. Check other past posts.
    Utoh...maybe that is why I got it so cheap. I was surprised to find the drivers were incompatible. The only hardware "fix" I've seen here is the one where the operator holds down a key to keep it from going to sleep. That has got to shorten the battery life of the keyboard and I'm not sure why more people don't have problems with the tab (key that was suggested) as it is useful in many apps.