1.    #1  
    Hey all Palm released the new Palm desktop last week. Don't know if this was posted already. Came out last week Sept.7. Here's the link.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/windesk42.html
    from palm site:
    *If possible, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Zire 72 and Zire 31 users should use the version of Palm Desktop which came on the CD with their device. Although this download is compatible with these handhelds, additional conduits and applications are included on the CD version.

Was there a version 4.2? This download (4.1.4E) corrects a version number issue with the previous release dated August 2005 which, in some places, incorrectly stated it was version 4.2. The "About" screen has always displayed version 4.1.4. If you installed the version labeled 4.2, there is no need to install 4.1.4E.
    I believe when they first posted it on their site, it was 4.2. Then they pulled it and put it back up as 4.1.4E.
    does this have an conduit for EXPENSE?
    What is new with this version?
    Quote Originally Posted by bling300c
    does this have an conduit for EXPENSE?
    No.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I wonder if it is possible now to sync the calendar and contacts form the treo 650 with Yahoo, as it was possible with the treo 600.
    from palm site:

"Compatible Palm devices:
    * Zire 31*, 71, 72*
    * Treo 650*
    * Tungsten T3, T5, E, E2
    * LifeDrive* Ü

*If possible, LifeDrive, Treo 650, Zire 72 and Zire 31 users should use the version of Palm Desktop which came on the CD with their device. Although this download is compatible with these handhelds, additional conduits and applications are included on the CD version."

So what do they want us to do, install it or not? They say it's for the T650 but we shoud still use the CD version. Why even mention the T650 if they don't want us to install it.

My CD version works just fine but I always like to have the latest versions.
    Pretty weird. Maybe they just don't want to be flooded with complaints if someone tries to do a fresh download off the net and then realizes some of their apps don't work because conduits are missing. They may just be covering their ****.
    "You don't learn to frolic, you release the frolic within." - The Naked Dancing Llama at frolic.org
    I'ld stick wiht the bundled PD on the CD unless you lost the CD or something and this is the only option you have...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Hello All,

This is Kevin from Palm. This download is primarily for those who have lost or damaged CDs. Similar Palm Desktop & HotSync Manager software is made available for all Palm devices, which can be found on each model's front page of Palm Support. There are no new Palm Desktop features in this version and it does not contain the additional conduits and applications that are included on the CD. So, as gfunkmagic advises, stick with the CD. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif

Sincerely
    Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out whatís new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    Thanks for the clarification Kevin. It is greatly appreciated.
    Kevin: I have scoured TC for a solution to windows media player issue to no avail. Will this major bug/error be fixed in the next go around? Each morning I wake up and long for the day when I can take a picture and view it on the media page without locking up my 6mo old blazing fast XP computer.

(do u have any additional insight on this matter?)

my old pda downloaded/uploaded pics so easily, so its not like we're reinventing the wheel here.

But,...as for the rest of updates for 650, great job.
    Hello ventnor1,

Iím aware that a few users have noted issues regarding the Win Media 9 splash screen. I did report that up the chain in some detail sometime during July, though Iíve yet to hear any feedback. I have Win Media version 10. I, too, see that splash screen up until the point that the media (pics and videos) have completely loaded (green progress bar, bottom left in Desktop). As soon as the media is completely loaded, the splash screen disappears and all pics and vids are visible. Others have reported this to be the case, as well.

I also see the same splash screen when using the Find function, as well as in Contacts/Tools/Option/Tools in the Desktop. It also disappears as soon as these functions have been completed by the Desktop.

However, Iíve never experienced a crash related to this screen.

Iíve no idea why this splash screen occurs, but Iíll report it again. If I receive any further info, Iíll post a separate thread here at TC. Sorry I couldnít be of more help.
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    Check out whatís new at
    http://www.palm.com/
    Can some one tell me why palm set the desktop software were it will only work with XP or 2000 I carry a older small notebook Omnibook 900 with me it has Windows ME in it so I can not use the desktop software with my 650. Anyone know of a way that I can get it to work ? I try to upgrade the notebook to XP but it will not handle it.
    I only have Windows98se has anyone found a work around
    for the Windows XP requirement?
    /Mike/
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_mcginn
    I only have Windows98se has anyone found a work around
    for the Windows XP requirement?
    Upgrade the OS?

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    No.
    Hey do you guys have the Expense files needed to install it on a Treo 650? I loved this app with my Tungsten T, but havent been able to get the files off there to put on my Treo.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Hey do you guys have the Expense files needed to install it on a Treo 650? I loved this app with my Tungsten T, but havent been able to get the files off there to put on my Treo.
    Search around the board, the files have been posted somewhere...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."