1.    #1  
    www.brayder.com/download/
    MemoryJack 1.1 has been released. I beta-tested MemoryJack on a Tungsten E and it worked very nicely. No T5/TE2-style app problems, full restore from a hard reset or dead battery in under half a minute without using my PC... just wish it worked on the Zodiac.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    What does it do?
    It doesn't list the Treo 650 as a supported device. . .
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  4.    #4  
    It doesn't support the T650 because it does basically the same thing as the NVFS in the Treo 650, Tungsten T5, and Tungsten E2.

MemoryJack lets you use up to 256MB of an expansion card as RAM, including HotSyncing-- you don't have to "leave databases in RAM" because MemoryJack makes the Palm "see" the card as RAM even during HotSync. Apps and data are called to RAM in blocks as needed, then changes are written back to the card automatically. Your handheld's RAM becomes a buffer. If your battery dies, you can just charge and restore, and since MemoryJack only has to recreate stubs in RAM, a full restore takes around half a minute depending on how much you had in RAM.
    -Shrek
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom LaPrise
    It doesn't support the T650 because it does basically the same thing as the NVFS in the Treo 650, Tungsten T5, and Tungsten E2.......
    I do not understand. I recently accidentally loaded a different version of a program that was already on the Treo. It put me into a reset loop. Both the 650 and its b/u on the PC were corrupted. Therefore a reset and re-synch were no help. A hard reset and re-install was required. As most of you know, that is a very destructive process and after several weeks I am still not back to where I was.

Might your program have helped if it did support the 650?
    DO NOT USE on Treo 650, it threw my 650 in a reset loop, saved only by hard reset.
    Treoing & Loving it
  7.    #7  
    It isn't my program. I was just a beta tester, and found an archived thread here about beta testing this app on the Treo 600.

An app conflict causing a reset loop is going to goof things up big no matter what kind of memory your handheld has, but when it happened to me using MemoryJack on my TE the first time, I restored everything to where it was before the thing barfed (using a backup I'd made with FileZ on my card), then I ran MemoryJack to create the RAM database on the card. I put my card in a reader and copied that database file to my computer, then put the card back in the TE. Any time I added an app or changed any data (added contacts or memos, etc.), I'd save a new copy of that RAM file. The TE crashed again (during an ePocrates auto-update with MemoryJack running) and stuck me in a loop, so I warm-reset out of the loop, deleted the MJ RAM file from the card, copied the backup RAM file from my PC to the card, and was up and running again in about a minute.

Brayder says they can't make MemoryJack work with NVFS memory, so the Treo 650, T5, and TE2 are ruled out. The DRM on the Tapwave Zodiac won't let it run either, apparently, so Zodiac users are out of luck too.
    -Shrek
    if it had support for Treo 650, it could be useful.
    NVFS doesn't mean RAM. MemoryJack does much more than NVFS as I understand.
    - main storage becomes card
    - ram is used as buffer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom LaPrise
    It doesn't support the T650 because it does basically the same thing as the NVFS in the Treo 650, Tungsten T5, and Tungsten E2.
    If they can't get this to work technically on top of NVFS, that's one thing. But I hope they don't think 650 owners aren't interested in this because it replicates a function we already have. No no no... NVFS with 32MB ROM is very different from NVFS with 256MB on an SD card.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    If they can't get this to work technically on top of NVFS, that's one thing. But I hope they don't think 650 owners aren't interested in this because it replicates a function we already have. No no no... NVFS with 32MB ROM is very different from NVFS with 256MB on an SD card.
    Exactly, this could be a killer app for the 650. If I could give my 650 something like 700mb of RAM from a 2gb card and use the rest as storage that would be fantastic.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    yes this would definitely be alot better than powerrun(if it worked properly) because if the palm sees the RAM on the card then it should load right away versus powerrun coping an app to ram first before launch,hope they read the posts on this website!!
    Well, after trying it on my 600, I wouldn't hold your breath. 'Jack' is an appropriate name, because it really 'jacked up' my palm. I had to hard reset and restore from an older backup to get things working again....