1.    #1  
    HELP! I'm trying to do the 1st sync of a new Treo 650 with Outlook 2000-sp3. I have studied the FAQs on Treocentral.com, Mytreo.net, PalmOne and searched all the threads on each forum. I have tried all the tricks and tips including uninstalling, reinstalling, downloading a patch from Palm. Specifying the conduits, etc.

The hardware syncs just fine with no errors. I am trying to load the Outlook contacts & calendar onto the Treo. Each step of the process runs without error, but it runs quickly and there is no data transferred. The log shows a short series of errors that are exactly the same each time:

Outlook Calendar
    OLERR:11-0003 (0x86240201)
    OLERR:03-0001
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    OLERR:11-0003 (0x86240201)
    OLERR:03-0001
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

(same thing repeats for Tasks)

We were previously synching the same computer with an old Treo 90 with no problems. We installed the new Palm Desktop software and were unable to get the new Treo to sync. We have uninstalled both the old and the new software, deleted the directories, rebooted many times, reinstalled the new software. We only have one user profile in outlook. We only have one user set in the Treo.

Please help. This is my wife's new Treo, and I'm the support guy. I've had to talk her out of throwing the thing out the window, but I'm about ready to do it, too.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Clyde Neal
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Man...this sucks!

I have you tried the Outlook Repair function.

I read once that this problem has yet to be full solved by Palm. I have never had the problem but seen it before in my Palm Sales Days...

I solved it by repairing my mailbox in outlook.

Also have you tried syncing the palm to a different hotsync id and testing to make sure it is not the palm.. the Palm itself may have problems.
  3.    #3  
    Outlook repair function? I downloaded a file from PalmOne that was supposed to help with outlook problems. Are you refering to a function within Outlook?

I did try creating other user IDs in the Treo to see if it would work, but I got the same results.

I was just checking another thread and noticed someone with a similar problem who had solved it by using the PocketMirror software. I'm going to try that when my wife gets back to town with her Treo.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I currently use Pocket Mirror, it is great. I guess that OLERR error is because it can't find the conduits, Pocket mirror recreates them and I think it is faster in syncing.

Built into the System is an Outlook Repair Tool for when database become curropt.

Microsoft provides the Inbox Repair Tool for correcting most problems with damaged Personal Folders .pst files. If you do not see the Inbox Repair Tool on the Start menu, under Programs | Accessories | System Tools, use Start | Find or Start | Search (depending on your operating system) to search your system for Scanpst.exe.

You will need to know the location of the .pst file that you want to repair

Under Outlook 2000 and later versions, most files will be in a subfolder under the Application Data folder on your system, though the exact location of the Application Data folder can vary. On a Windows 98 system without individual user logins, look for \Windows\Application Data. On a Windows 98 system with individual user logins, look for \Windows\Profiles\<user name>\Application Data and \Windows\Profiles\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data. On a Windows NT system, look for \Winnt\Profiles\<user name>\Application Data and \Winnt\Profiles\<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data. The Personal Folders .pst file on an NT system or a Windows 98 system with user profiles will be located by default in the second set of Application Data folders.

Good Luck!
  5.    #5  
    I used Pocketmirror XT and it is working. The calendar synced up but I'm having problems with Outlook Contacts. All of the contacts are being read, but it's crashing on contacts in the Treo and it doesn't sync any contacts at all. The Treo contacts were imported from the sim card from the prior cell phone. My wife has updated many of those in the Treo with additional phone numbers and changes to the names. We can tell that the sync is crashing on some of those that she updated, but we don't know if that is coincidence or not. It might be that every one of the numbers that came from the sim card will be bad. I talked with Chapura tech support and they confirmed that these contacts were causing the problem, but couldn't tell us much more than that.

I'm looking for a way to preserve all of the contacts that are in the Treo so that we can experiment without losing all of the contacts. I haven't studied the file system of the Treo. Is there a contact file that we could copy and save? Or is there some other way to export or selectively backup those contacts?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Clyde
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Got me stumped on that one,

Unless, have you tried just syncing it first to Palm Desktop, that would put the contacts at least into the correct format then it shoudl convert over to Outlook 2000,

I just came up with that and it could be a load of bull crap, but it might be worth a shot.
    Hi - I'm having this same issue, I guess I am at stage 1 of the issue. Were you able to resolve it? PLEASE let me know. Getting slightly desperate.
    On occasion, starting Outlook with the commandline

outlook.exe /resetfolders

helps reset the information in Outlook about the folder locations on the Exchange server.
    Try that. Google "Outlook resetfolder" for more details.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  9.    #9  
    We solved our original problem with Outlook, but we got a replacement Treo, first. As we experimented with the syncing problem, we had more and more problems with the Treo. We took it back to the Cingular store and told them it was mis-behaving and they gave us a new one without any more questions. The VERY FIRST THING WE DID WAS SYNC WITH OUTLOOK. It worked like a charm. With the first Treo, my wife had manually entered some items and edited some items and we also pulled in the old names from the simm card from her previous phone (non-treo). I think this other data created some of the conflicts that made the initial Outlook syncing such a problem. I'm not sure there was actually a hardware problem with the 1st Treo, but it sure helped to get a totally fresh start. She's used it since September without any problems.

Good luck with your Treo!
    A hard reset should be functionally equivalent to "getting a new Treo".

A true clean start also requires deleting the Backup folder on the PC, or better still, uninstalling and re-installing Palm Desktop before re-syncing.

This will resut in total data loss.. but so does a clean start with a new Treo.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A