Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I just got this from a local Office Depot and I can honestly say that this is probably the BEST BT headset I have tried so far. I have tried Jabra BT250V, Motorola HS820, Motorola HS850, Jabra BT800, Plantronics M2500.

1. Since the speaker sits right on the outside of the ear canal with foam pads, the volume can be very loud and I had to turn it down some. I was at a very busy Super Walmart and I was able to talk to someone and hear them fine, they too had no problem hearing me. I wonder if the little foam pads can be switched out for some gels ?? If so it may be even louder as the gels bring the volume right into the ear canal.

2. Very comfortable, I wore the thing for about 3 hours straight and it felt very comfortable and I also wear glasses.

3. When making a call the handoff is pretty much automatic, When I make a call about a second or 2 later it hands off to the 510 headset. Infact I am trying out the Voice Signal dialing software, I tell it to call someone, the Treo dials it, and with in 2 seconds or so it hands it off automatically to the 510 headset. When receiving a call I have to wait about 2 seconds and press the call button on the headset and it hands off fine.

So far I like this headset, if only it had a vibrate feature like the Jabra then for me it would be almost the BEST Bluetooth HS out there.

Now does anyone know when Palm will give us an update on our Bluetooth software on our Treo 650's so that we can use our BT headsets to make hands-free calling ??? I just signed up from Sprint to Verizon so from what I was told I have like 15 days if I want to switch to another phone, quit, etc. I was looking at the Samsung i730 and have heard that the BT on that allows the hands-free voice dialing from the headset. If this is true, I might have to jump ship. God Bless.
    Wow thanks for the reassurance. I'm getting my 510 tomorrow.

I was worried about the volume and how it would fit around my glasses...you cleared that up for me!
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    I have the Voyager also, it is very loud, but answering and recieving calls its very slow to connect Probaly the worst I have used. (Treo, Scarla. Both Motorolas 820-50 Plantronics 3000 HBH600 jabra 250 and Bluevoice )

I have been using he the HBH300 its picks up very very fast but the volumes not as good. Its a compromise, but I can't have my customers waiting for me to be "there".
    Last edited by sjjones; 09/12/2005 at 06:12 PM.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones
    I have the Voyager also, it is very loud, but answering and recieving calls its very slow to connect Probaly the worst I have used. (Treo, Scarla. Both Motorolas 820-50 Plantronics 3000 HBH600 jabra 250 and Bluevoice )

I have been using he the HBH300 its picks up very very fast but the volumes not as good. its a compromise buy I can't have my customers waiting for me to be "there".

Mine seems to pick up pretty quick. Infact you will see in another post that I have, I am using the Voice Signal Dialer program and it handsoff to the headset pretty good automatically once the Treo starts dialing the telephone number. God Bless.
    My Voyager is a bit slow transfering an out-going call. It is about the same as my PalmOne headset on transfering incoming calls. It is very loud. The noise cancellation is not the best, but it works acceptably well. I can use the Voyager in my car, but I can't use the PalmOne due to the background noise. I also do not get static while in my office, which I've had in every other headset.

I don't know what the actual talk time is. The Treo has always run out of battery before the headset.
    Just got mine today.

I also noticed that outgoing calls transfer kind of slowly. Usually not a problem though as the person on the recieving end is usually just picking up the phone as the treo transfers to the 510.

I get some static though. Could be the wifi, I haven't had a chance to test it outside yet.
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeluna
    Mine seems to pick up pretty quick. Infact you will see in another post that I have, I am using the Voice Signal Dialer program and it handsoff to the headset pretty good automatically once the Treo starts dialing the telephone number. God Bless.

Tried 2 of them,they both answered slowly. If you using the Sprint voice dial system it takes a couple of sec's to answer that why theres there seems to no delay.

if the Voyager answered faster it would be probaly be my favorite. comfort and Volume are excellent.

** jdeluna you paid approx $99 at OD,they sell for around $50 on ebay
    I owned a Plantronics Voyager 510 for almost a week... before it died. Here is my experience with it. As a disclaimer, this was the first BT headset I've owned and thus have nothing to compare it with.

It was light and comfortable. As others have commented, after a few minutes I'd forget I was wearing it. I found the sound quality and volume to be excellent. Battery life was more than adequate for my needs, and recharging seemed quite fast. Pairing it with my GSM unlocked Treo 650 was a snap.

The downsides, however, were more of an issue. I found the Voyager 510 to be very slow to connect for both incoming and outgoing calls. Outgoing was especially a problem if you were calling a number answered by a automated system. If the outgoing call was answered in the first ring I'd miss the first sentence before the headset would connect. This especially a problem when calling a friend whose voice mail is "Hi. This is Bill. Leave a message. Beep" If "Bill's" phone was off it would immediately go to voice mail and by the time the headset connected all I heard was the sound of silence.

The range of the Voyager 510 is certainly not 30'. But in fairness, the range is only claimed to be "up to 30 feet". Heck you could say "up to one mile" and still be truthful. I found that if I were more than 8' from my Treo, callers commented that I sounded garbled. This was 8' of direct, line of sight, un-obstructed air. I could get about 15' away before I noticed the caller getting garbled. After that sound quality went downhill very rapidly.

Another problem with the Voyager 510 is wind noise. It's mic, even with the foam boot, is very sensitive to wind. I am a marine electrician and therefore spend a lot of time outdoors. If there was more then a few knots of wind I had to go indoors or into good shelter in order for the other party to understand me clearly.

What finally prompted me to return the headset was that it broke. First the power switch / mute button stopped working. Now I couldn't power it off. Then the call initiation / hangup button stopped working. Then I pressed the volume down button while listening to particularly obnoxious music while on hold for Plantronics support folks and the headset went dead completely.

Thankfully I bought it from Amazon.com (only $55) and used their free shipping. For defective items they pay the return shipping, so I'm not out any money.

Now to started searching the various threads for another try at a BT headset. Although it seems, from what others have written, that the performance of the Voyager 510 is pretty much the norm. That's not encouraging to me.
    No problems here, but I'm not using it with a Treo. I use a Voyager 510 with a WM phone and have no problems with connecting/transferring quickly. I generally get good reception at about 15-20' but haven't tried it much further.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I wonder if the problem that some people are having with the 510 not handing off fast enough is a problem with the Treo 650 and NOT the Plantronics 510 headset as it seems to work fine with other phones ?? God Bless.
    Probably a treo problem since I can't recall anyone complaining about it on the howardforum boards.
    I think it is a Treo problem. I've tried the Treo BT headset and the Jabra BT250v and both are slow to connect. I often miss the first few seconds of a message when I call an automated message. And when I call a person or someone calls me, they are ofen saying hello for the second or third time by the time I connect. Since both the Treo and Jabra headsets take about the same time to connect, I suspect it is the phone.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    I am assuming then that Palm knows of these problems and that there will be a fix or a Bluetooth patch. DO you think they will ever address letting voice dialing work with bluetooth ?? I know it works with other bluetooth phones. God Bless.
    The plantronics voyager 510 works great, except for the delay on incoming and outgoing calls. I found this to be more of an issue on outgoing calls.
    My delay was so long that I could begin my conversation on the TREO before the headset picked up.

According to Plantronics customer service, this is a know issue with the TREO 650 phone. Apparently, all models of Plantronics Bluetooth headsets have this issue with the TREO 650. Plantronics claims this is a Palm Treo issue and they are unable to assist.
    Wolfee, I like your brick wall emoticon. That's what this feels like.

I spent 15 minutes on the phone with a customer with my Treo held in between my shoulder and my neck while trying to get some work done working on a light fixture over my head. I was really afraid of dropping it. I really miss my BT headset on the first day of not having it. I guess I'll get another and hope Palm decides that BT is something they should pay attention to. Although with the recently announced sale.... who knows.
    I have this one, the logitech mobile and the sony hbh-300. I had high hopes for the 510, and my initial reviews were very positive. But alas it now just sits on my desk as the noise cancelling just is not very good compared to the other 2.

Anyone interested, I have the 510 and a car charger available, pm me if you want it. Very comfortable, great form, fits in your pocket, and much better than the treo wireless headset in terms of noise cancelling. It's ok, just not great for noise cancellation. The delay is definitely there, but you get used to the connect time.

My ideal headset is the 510 form factor with the noise cancellation of the logitech or the hbh-300. Those other 2 are bulky.
    has anyone who owns this headset tested it to see how effective its noise cancellation is? i'm interested in getting a headset with NC.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Does anyone know of a BT headset that is easy to turn on or off (like the HS850) that actually works for both out going and in coming calls on the 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by jdeluna
    I just got this from a local Office Depot and I can honestly say that this is probably the BEST BT headset I have tried so far. I have tried Jabra BT250V, Motorola HS820, Motorola HS850, Jabra BT800, Plantronics M2500.

1. Since the speaker sits right on the outside of the ear canal with foam pads, the volume can be very loud and I had to turn it down some. I was at a very busy Super Walmart and I was able to talk to someone and hear them fine, they too had no problem hearing me. I wonder if the little foam pads can be switched out for some gels ?? If so it may be even louder as the gels bring the volume right into the ear canal.

2. Very comfortable, I wore the thing for about 3 hours straight and it felt very comfortable and I also wear glasses.

3. When making a call the handoff is pretty much automatic, When I make a call about a second or 2 later it hands off to the 510 headset. Infact I am trying out the Voice Signal dialing software, I tell it to call someone, the Treo dials it, and with in 2 seconds or so it hands it off automatically to the 510 headset. When receiving a call I have to wait about 2 seconds and press the call button on the headset and it hands off fine.

So far I like this headset, if only it had a vibrate feature like the Jabra then for me it would be almost the BEST Bluetooth HS out there.

Now does anyone know when Palm will give us an update on our Bluetooth software on our Treo 650's so that we can use our BT headsets to make hands-free calling ??? I just signed up from Sprint to Verizon so from what I was told I have like 15 days if I want to switch to another phone, quit, etc. I was looking at the Samsung i730 and have heard that the BT on that allows the hands-free voice dialing from the headset. If this is true, I might have to jump ship. God Bless.
    how did you like the jabra bt250v? i really like that headset and was thinking about that one
    Naveen

Current:Cingular 8525 w/Faria R32

Next Phone:
    Something from HTC because Palm sucks, so I want a Touch Pro, Touch HD, or a Treo Pro.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder God
    how did you like the jabra bt250v? i really like that headset and was thinking about that one

The BT250V was ok, I liked the vibrate feature which helps if you are driving with the stereo on and can't hear the phone ring. I did not like the range as it seems to be only like 5 feet or less, and also the fit, I guess I have weird ears . Hope this helps. God BLess.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast