1.    #1  
    Hello All
    Ive been trying to find a WORKING .3g2 converter for converting the treo 650 videos to MPEG's. Ive tried the Xilosoft converters and a couple of others and they all fail in the conversion process. I need to be able to convert the videos and also have a 'batch' option in case I have a few to convert.
    Please supply any recommendations that you KNOW FOR SURE work because the ones mentioned in the threads simply dont work. Is anyone actually doing this successfully? Thanks.

P.S. Xilosoft software repeatedly reports 'fail' on conversions.
    River Past repeatedly crashes when doing batches of conversions.
    All tested on 3 seperate machines.
    Last edited by Magohn; 09/11/2005 at 04:00 PM.
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Quote Originally Posted by Magohn
    Hello All
    Ive been trying to find a WORKING .3g2 converter for converting the treo 650 videos to MPEG's. Ive tried the Xilosoft converters and a couple of others and they all fail in the conversion process. I need to be able to convert the videos and also have a 'batch' option in case I have a few to convert.
    Please supply any recommendations that you KNOW FOR SURE work because the ones mentioned in the threads simply dont work. Is anyone actually doing this successfully? Thanks.

P.S. Xilosoft software repeatedly reports 'fail' on conversions.
    River Past repeatedly crashes when doing batches of conversions.
    All tested on 3 seperate machines.

Yes, same here.....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  3.    #3  
    Hello All
    Ive been trying to find a WORKING .3g2 converter ...
    Anyone?
    Here's another, how about an AVI to MPEG? or overall a good converter?

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Cool, thanks!

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I use Sound Forge for all of the conversions listed above. I also have the MPEG plugin which just about covers all the bases. One thing though, it is not cheap, but it works well. I have even used it to convert the *.3g2 Treo video to AVI.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by WillyGM
    ....I have even used it to convert the *.3g2 Treo video to AVI.
    Thats what we are mainly after. Can you export to WMV or MPEG also?

Thanks to all replies...
    I'm using Quicktime Pro. It exports to AVI, BMP, DivX AVI, DV Stream, FLC, Hinted Movie, Image Sequence (good for pretending you have an iPod Video), MPEG-4, Picture, Quicktime Media Link, Quicktime Movie, AIFF, AU, WAV... I mostly use it to convert videos to .3g2 to watch on the Treo though...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragan
    I'm using Quicktime Pro. It exports to AVI, BMP, DivX AVI, DV Stream, FLC, Hinted Movie, Image Sequence (good for pretending you have an iPod Video), MPEG-4, Picture, Quicktime Media Link, Quicktime Movie, AIFF, AU, WAV... I mostly use it to convert videos to .3g2 to watch on the Treo though...
    However there is no batch option in QT. Seeing as I may take 5 or 6 videos, on some occasions, this really is a deal breaker...
    However there is no batch option in QT. Seeing as I may take 5 or 6 videos, on some occasions, this really is a deal breaker...
    I would say you could just use Automator, but I'm guessing you're on Windows...
    Thats what we are mainly after. Can you export to WMV or MPEG also?

Thanks to all replies...
    Yes, to all the above. It will also take the audio and cut it from a video. I have done this to have the audio from a movie.
    QT also support Applescript (if you're on the Mac)