Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 70
  1. Mateen's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have been looking for an App. that would let the user define what button or combination of buttons to press to release the KeyGuard (instead of the center button). This would make the KeyGuard also work as security.
    This would serve as a KeyGuard and security in one action.
    Is there such a thing for Treo 650 ?
  2. Mateen's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #3  
    Thanks for the info Sandra. It says that it is compatible with Treo 600. It does not mention anything about 650. Do you know if this software is compatible with 650?
    Thanks.
  3. #4  
    Yes but what bugs me is how the treo acts when 2 buttons are pressed at the same time. The screen flashes both applications and its hard to use.
  4. #5  
    Its been my experiance that no keyguard program works correctly because the treo does not have the standard pda buttons. Why dont you like pressing the "OK" button?
  5. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateen
    I have been looking for an App. that would let the user define what button or combination of buttons to press to release the KeyGuard (instead of the center button). This would make the KeyGuard also work as security.
    This would serve as a KeyGuard and security in one action.
    Is there such a thing for Treo 650 ?
    It might be more that you're looking for, but one of the features of TealLock is the ability to require a user-derived combination of button presses to unlock the device.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  6. Mateen's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra
    Its been my experiance that no keyguard program works correctly because the treo does not have the standard pda buttons. Why dont you like pressing the "OK" button?
    I have no problem with pressing the OK button. I just want to be able to chosse what buttons to push to unlock the keyguard. That way it will serve two purposes, Keyguard and security guard.
  7. Mateen's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble
    It might be more that you're looking for, but one of the features of TealLock is the ability to require a user-derived combination of button presses to unlock the device.
    How would this be any different than the built in security? You would still need to pass the keyguard and then enter your password and then push ok?
  8. #9  
    BTW, KeepOff 1.5 (above link) kind-of works on the T650, but it doesn't work very well due to the new Power button (4th button).

    I have been looking for something similar (not as complicated as TealLock or any of the other password protect apps) but a bit more advanced than the built-in functionality.

    I think the latest version of Treo Butler (http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/) supports forcing pressing Option + Center key to unlock (as part of the improved keyguard it uses) but I did not test it.
  9. Mateen's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ixtab1970
    BTW, KeepOff 1.5 (above link) kind-of works on the T650, but it doesn't work very well due to the new Power button (4th button).

    I have been looking for something similar (not as complicated as TealLock or any of the other password protect apps) but a bit more advanced than the built-in functionality.

    I think the latest version of Treo Butler (http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/) supports forcing pressing Option + Center key to unlock (as part of the improved keyguard it uses) but I did not test it.
    I am looking for something like Treo Butler's functionality (pressing Option + Center key to unlock) but it needs to be user defined as far as what buttons to push to unlock. It could be any combinations of key strokes to create security also.
  10. #11  
    Mateen, I agree. I sent an email to Rob (Butler dev) and see if he can modify/add this functionality.
  11. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateen
    I have no problem with pressing the OK button. I just want to be able to chosse what buttons to push to unlock the keyguard. That way it will serve two purposes, Keyguard and security guard.
    O I C, so you could disable the built in keyguard then use an alternate program.

    If you try that teal lock, I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

    I myself gave up on a good "screen off" program.
  12. Mateen's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandra
    O I C, so you could disable the built in keyguard then use an alternate program.

    If you try that teal lock, I would love to hear your thoughts on it.

    I myself gave up on a good "screen off" program.
    yes an alternate keyguard program that would also work as a security guard that the user would hit certain key strokes to unluck without having to hit ok on the touchscreen. for example if the unlock code is "nmj" then that would be all the user needs to hit to unlock without having to hit any "OK" buttons on the touchscreen. It should also act exactly like the Keyguard which means if the right combination of keystrokes are not hit within that 3 seconds, the device would turn off automatically.
    Brilliant
  13. Mateen's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #14  
    Well I gave TealLock a try and I must say it is a pretty cool security app. The only thing it is missing the Keyguard functionality. It actually has all the keyguard functionality in place except "turning off the device if the right passcode is not entered in a given time". If they somehow add this future, they will have my money.
  14. sj3
    sj3 is offline
    sj3's Avatar
    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    #15  
    Somewhat confused here... I'm using the standard Keyguard (mostly to keep the device from calling people accidentally) and it asked me to type in the password I want. I used four characters. Then, using TakePhone, I press the 'end' button to lock the device. Then, the phone button wakes up the device, I type my four user-defined characters, press ok and I'm in. Why wouldn't that work for you?

    Thanks,

    sj
  15. Mateen's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sj3
    Somewhat confused here... I'm using the standard Keyguard (mostly to keep the device from calling people accidentally) and it asked me to type in the password I want. I used four characters. Then, using TakePhone, I press the 'end' button to lock the device. Then, the phone button wakes up the device, I type my four user-defined characters, press ok and I'm in. Why wouldn't that work for you?

    Thanks,

    sj
    And how did you setup the keyguard to do that for you?
  16. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateen
    I have been looking for an App. that would let the user define what button or combination of buttons to press to release the KeyGuard (instead of the center button). This would make the KeyGuard also work as security.
    This would serve as a KeyGuard and security in one action.
    Is there such a thing for Treo 650 ?
    Why don't you just use the Security feature? Set Password to "On Power Off."

    Unless I'm missing something.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  17. Mateen's Avatar
    Posts
    84 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why don't you just use the Security feature? Set Password to "On Power Off."

    Unless I'm missing something.
    Yes you are missing something....Reading this thread.
  18. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateen
    Yes you are missing something....Reading this thread.
    Don't be an *** hole about it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  19. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Why don't you just use the Security feature? Set Password to "On Power Off."
    Unless I'm missing something.
    I was curious about this myself. I am still trying to learn about all the different programs and what they offer. I am looking for something along the same lines but I gave up. The problem is that every time I look down my screen is lit. I have tried offalready, keep off (i think) and a few others. I want the screen to turn on only if the right button, combination of buttons or sequence of buttons are pressed. Insertion was asking why the security feature already on the device wasn't what you needed because of course then we would know what it lacked. I was wondering the same thing. Were sorry you took it wrong.

    Developers follow these boards to see what is needed, users read to solve problems for themselves and others and many readers discover great things they weren't even looking for. All benefit if the information is just put out there. So please let us know what the built in security program is missing, because it along with another key guard program seems like it would cover all your bases
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions