Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    It takes me awhile to do this, but you're right. I get the "Flash Screen", but everytime I scroll over to Main View button, I have to hit it several times with the D Pad. Frustrating, but it does work after three or four presses. TYVM!
    That's interesting, my works every time with just one push - what's the "Flash Screen" - maybe it's do to some a third party launcher which I'm not using.
    Quote Originally Posted by geneld
    That's interesting, my works every time with just one push - what's the "Flash Screen" - maybe it's do to some a third party launcher which I'm not using.
    The Flash Screen was introduced with either the last update (1.12) or perhaps the 1.08 update. (Sprint)

It's just another screen that pops up when you push the Green key.
    It has the "Hang Up All" icon, "Speakerphone" icon but instead of "Hold" you get a "Main View" icon (takes you back to the main Phone Screen.)

For some reason I need to press my Main View icon several times to get there, in which case the Password screen pops up.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Bummer - I'm Cingular Blue so I don't have to deal with that.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateen
    Insertion,
    I apologize for being rude.
    The feature that the built in security program (or any other security program that I know of) is missing, is the keyguard functionality. You might ask why would you want a keyguard functionality if you already have the built in keyguard. The idea is to have one program do both jobs so you don't have to unlock the key guard and then unlock the security guard. I am looking for a program (doesn't have to be a security program. It could be just a simple keyguard program) that alows the user to define the key combination to unlock the keygurd or the security guard (what ever the case may be). By doing this you only need to deal with one program instead of dealing with keygurad and then the security guard. The only program that has come close to doing this is Teallock, which also let the user punch in any pre-defined combination of keys to unlock without having to push Ok. The only thing that this program is missing is that it is not acting as a keygurad. Anotherwords if the user does not push any keys or push the wrong keys, it will not turn the device off like the built in keyguard does.
    In essence, I am looking for a keyguard program that lets the user define what keys to press without having to press ok or any other keys after pressing the pre-defined keys.
    Looks like there is enough interest for such a program. All we need now is to find a developer to take on this project.
    Actually - I think what I would like is a hack to shorten (or allow you to set) the time that the security app waits for you to enter the right code. Other than that and for me the security app without keyguard is meeting my needs.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geneld
    Actually - I think what I would like is a hack to shorten (or allow you to set) the time that the security app waits for you to enter the right code. Other than that and for me the security app without keyguard is meeting my needs.
    What would that accomplish? Would the security app turn the device off if the code is not entered in a set time?
    What would that accomplish? Would the security app turn the device off if the code is not entered in a set time?
    Sort of, as I originally posted above - I've got my Treo set to poweroff in 30 secs, so it goes off if the right code is not entered after 30 secs. If you could customize the time in the security app different from the rest of the Treo, it could be set even shorter potentially and wouldn't be inconvient for those that want to have their Treo Poweroff set longer.

Note to make this work, you've also got to set the security app to lock when you poweroff.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Thats axactly what started this thread. (Keygaurd + Security).
    You are looking for the same thing I'm looking for. A security app that could also work as a keyguard. or even a simple keygurd app that would let the user define the keystroke combination without having to push OK.
    The only reason I emphasize on the word "Keyguard" is becuase with Keyguard you do not have to push the OK button when your done keying in your predefined Keystroke combination.
    Teallock would let you set any combination of keystrokes to unlock the device without having to push ok but it does not act as a keyguard. I wish they would incorporate this functionality in their software.
    Looks like there is enough interest for such a program. All we need now is to find a developer to take on this project.
    Well, I don't know how much interest there is, outside of a few in this thread, but you might want to bring it up in the Developer Forum.

Maybe Jeff Gibson or Shimon might take it up...what have you go to lose??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    The only reason I emphasize on the word "Keyguard" is becuase with Keyguard you do not have to push the OK button when your done keying in your predefined Keystroke combination.
    I'm actually ok with this the way it currently works. I guess it would be nice if I didn't have to hit ok, but I doubt I would pay extra for it.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    I use OnlyMe with KeyguardTime+ riding on top of the built-in Keyguard. If you consider 5-way center to be the first key in your pre-defined (password) sequence I believe this may do what you're looking for. Just my $0.02, hope it helps.

ERic
    ERicJ KeyGuardTime is exactly what I have been looking for. I set it to be displayed for 2 seconds so when I have keyguard enabled it only allows the screen to turn of for 2 second for accidental key presses, combined with disable buttons v2.1 it should stop my treo from being lit half the time its in the case. Well almost, disable buttons dosent always work right.

Thanks
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 10/11/2005 at 11:07 AM.
    Tem, what do you mean by "combined with disable buttons v2.1 it..."? v2.1 of what app?
    Disable buttons 2.1

It works better than PocketProtector, PowerOn and OffAlready. But thats not saying much. Its better than nothing. Why did palmone think it was a good idea to allow the Treo to be wakened by the buttons that stick out the most? While it the case my Treo is lit a good 10% of the time because (I'm sure) the case presses the green phone and the red power button.

Key guard and security work to keep your apps from launching accidentally But dosent keep the screen off.

OffAlready keeps the screen of but man it is hard to turn the Treo on!

Did anyone ask a developer to make a screen off app for the treo? Because as far as I know there isnt one.
    Tem, does Disable buttons 2.1 really work for you (on the Treo 650)?
    I have it set to disable all but the Memopad (which I assume is the T650 power button) but still the Treo will turn on if I press the Calendar (or any app button) twice or one button and then another right after.

Strange?
    No, it only works half the time for me.

I have been using it for 3 or 4 months and have noticed that it works better after a reset. There is an option to disable power on with double presses, you would want to uncheck "enable double press".

We need something made for the Treo 650,,,,,,, the button set up is a little different on the 600 right? So something specifically for the 650 is needed!!!
    Should we petition Jeff to look into this. I'll paypal $5.00 If he'll just check on the idea of it,

WHOS WITH ME!!!

Sorry, I hadnt herd that one in awhile,,,,, moderators please dont ban me

EDIT, I posed the question here http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...112#post824112

Please post a comment if you would purchase a sceenoff/keyguard/security application from Jeff Gidson at http://www.gotreosoftware.com/ or of course if you know of something that already exists.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 10/13/2005 at 04:31 PM.
    A T600/650 specific application like that is worth the $$$, I hope Jeff can look into it
    BTW, Disable buttons 2.1 not only doesn't work well on the T650 it also slows down the power-on process...
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    You will have my money
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast