1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I've noticed that when I send myself a e-mail via Web-based Gmail, the message shows up in my Web-based Gmail account, but not in Chatter itself. Similarly, when I send myself an e-mail through Chatter, the message again can be found in the Web-based Gmil, but not in my Chatter's e-mail box.

Have people here experienced this scenario? Are their workarounds?
    ###
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister
    Hello all,

I've noticed that when I send myself a e-mail via Web-based Gmail, the message shows up in my Web-based Gmail account, but not in Chatter itself. Similarly, when I send myself an e-mail through Chatter, the message again can be found in the Web-based Gmil, but not in my Chatter's e-mail box.

Have people here experienced this scenario? Are their workarounds?
    ###
    Kev,

Per your other message, are you forwarding GMail to Fastmail? If you are forwarding then that is the expected behavior. It appears as if GMail does not forward messages you send to yourself as they don't come from an outside source. I figure their trigger is not fired when sending to yourself. I typically just cc my fastmail account if I need a copy there as well as a work around.

Of course if you are downloading GMail via POP then you may have a problem.

Best,
    Rory
  3.    #3  
    OK, I'm slow on this one! It just hit me just now that I need to click on "edit mailbox" from Chatter menu, then click on "other" then click on "edit smtp profile" then in the BCC box, enter your fastmail e-mail address!

I just sent myself a test e-mail that way and it worked! Woo-hoo!