Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I had to return my 650 today. After 2.5 months and 3 phones and 4 sim cards, Cingular can not make my 650 work and agreed, to my disapointment, to cancel the agreement and buy my phone back. The really sad part is that I have a 600 and it gets 4 BARS sitting right next to the 650 and both are on the Cingular network!!! I could buy another 650 from Sprint, but then I wouldn't get free calls between my 600 on Cingular (with another year to go on the contract) and the Sprint 650!
    Amazing that Cingular couldn't get it to work!!
    Well, maybe when the new model comes out, Cingular will pick it up and then you can upgrade then. (BTW-how is it on the eyes going from hi res to low res?)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Let me get this straight. You got ZERO reception on the 650 while you got 4 bars on the 600? Incredible. Is the 650 sensitivity that inferior?
    Could be a broken radio?
    On 3 phones?
    Sorry, missed that. Three phones and 4 SIMs. If the Treo 600 works, why would the Treo 650 not work? Cingular staff not trained on Treo?
    Call Verizon. They'll give you a Treo
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I don't know. These stories always make me shake my head. Three different Treos don't work?
    Yes, sad to hear these stories. I had lots of issues with Cingular myself, and eventually resolved the problem by switching to T-Mobile.
    Quote Originally Posted by siriusbliss
    Yes, sad to hear these stories. I had lots of issues with Cingular myself, and eventually resolved the problem by switching to T-Mobile.
    I usually hear complains the other way (just because lots of my friends are with Cingular that moved from TMo).

Anyway, could this just be a case of not having enough training or could issue been resolved if escalated to more technically knowledgeable support?
    Quote Originally Posted by audioconnell
    http://www.websmileys.com/sm/obscene/eck32.gif
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    They'll make it up on the data rates though.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    So...what exactly was the OP's problem(s) anyways?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    So...what exactly was the OP's problem(s) anyways?
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    Geez, hard to argue with a mime!
    Are you going to suggest something or what?
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'm wondering about the 650's signal reception as well. I'm on Sprint. My previous phone (well, I didin't cancel it yet, still have it activiated) is the Sanyo 4900 - a "normal" phone, but well regarded as having great reception. Sitting side by side, the Sanyo will show 4 bars, but the Treo will show 1 or 2 bars. Or even worse, the Treo will be "roaming".

I can't say I'm impressed with the Treo's reception when going head to head.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    Hey...

Post a pic of your evolution into enlightened medatation while you wait on that Windows Treo. I need a good LAUGH for today.....

Chuck
    I just ported from Nextel to Sprint 5 days ago. 2 different 650 phones, usually 1 bar of signal and RSSI values in the high negative 90's and sometimes in the 100's. I realize they blame it on wireless activity as well, however I can stand in the middle of my street and still get the same crappy signal strength.

fsmithone - Sorry to hear about the loss, but it sounds like they did you well to get out of it. Did you get a chance to check the software version on your phone before returning it? The Palm site says you should have software version 1.5 for Cingular. More information here Palm Treo 650 Updates. They just added the update for your phone at the end of July. I am just curious if it had the latest software, as my Sprint phone has the latest updates and it sill has poor signal strength.

I just got off the phone with Sprint Technical Support and opened a ticket with the Sprint field support engineers (51 hours estimated response time). Hopefully they actually call me back and that the 51 hours is from TODAY! If I don't hear something from them by Monday night... the phone is going back on Tuesday. Way too much money to spend for this kinda of poor reception. I live 1.25 miles from 2 or 3 towers. They said my signal strength should be 3 to 5 bars.

My 2 cents...

BW
    For what its worth my signal strength is just fine, the same with this phone as with my previous phones is my area - 4-5 bars most of the time.
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    And exactly how does this work? The best I've been able to negotiate w/ VZW is a 650 for $299 w/ 2 yr contract + accepting unlimited internet for $50/mo.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast