Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Hello Jeff,
    You asked me in a volumcare post what type of software you should work on next. I have a cell phone and a document reader/creator but no way to send a fax. I would be first in line to purchase a program that could send a fax from Documents To Go.

Thx,
    Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by vertebra
    Hello Jeff,
    You asked me in a volumcare post what type of software you should work on next. I have a cell phone and a document reader/creator but no way to send a fax. I would be first in line to purchase a program that could send a fax from Documents To Go.

Thx,
    Mark
    Interesting idea. Thanks for posting! I will look into the need and evaluate the implementation time.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    142 Global Posts
    I vote for webcam software for the 650. I miss not being able to have video con with home when I travel.
    I realize this would be a complex endevor, but I would like to see Jeff implement a "Call-Filter" type program that would work in conjunction with some of his other great software such as ProfileCare.

Something that might be slightly less complex to implement that I would like to see, would be better integration between volume care and profile care. I would like to be able to be able to hit the "commute am" profile in PC and also have the volume in VC jump up to a higher level etc.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MiteMom
    I vote for webcam software for the 650. I miss not being able to have video con with home when I travel.
    Not quite what you want but check out FireProducer. Used in conjunction with FireViewer, it provides streaming video (no audio) monitoring, no conferencing.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Jeff, PLEASE develop somthing like this!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=java+dataviz

A tool that could move the java plugin to the card to save space would be very useful!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I second the emotion for faxing documents from Docs to Go... the only fax solutions on palmgear.com seem to be ancient and unreliable. online services cost $$ and I don't use it THAT much, but when I need to fax something, it's priceless.
    A fax interface for eFax - auto format fax numbers from address book as emails in efax format (1.xxx.xxx.xxxx@efaxsend.com) - should be doable...
    How about a callfilter app?
    Global Posts
    285 Global Posts
    A webcam app, completely wireless is in the works. It also works via reverse dun (the developer thought it would be cool to try so I got in on a beta). It uploads and archives the images the camera takes at given intervals. Decent web interface for looking at the archives too. I am pretty sure it will end up a subscription service.
    How about an app that pops up a prompt after a call where I can enter notes? Those notes would then be placed - with a timestamp - in the call recipient's contact record notes field. There is nothing out there - except the apparently defunct CallFilter - that can do this. I've read 3 posts looking for this just in the past week or so.

I've been trying to convince Shimon to add this to TAKEphONE but he doesn't seem interested, though I could be wrong.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515
    A fax interface for eFax - auto format fax numbers from address book as emails in efax format (1.xxx.xxx.xxxx@efaxsend.com) - should be doable...
    Takephone already has this feature.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Check out Call Notes II -- does that and more. It's on Palmgear.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth
    How about an app that pops up a prompt after a call where I can enter notes? Those notes would then be placed - with a timestamp - in the call recipient's contact record notes field. There is nothing out there - except the apparently defunct CallFilter - that can do this. I've read 3 posts looking for this just in the past week or so.

I've been trying to convince Shimon to add this to TAKEphONE but he doesn't seem interested, though I could be wrong.
    I use Day Notez and Comet, and these two programs do exactly what you want, except there is no automatic prompt. You need to push a button to do it. See: http://www.natara.com/Comet/index.cfm
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Auto prompt is a deal breaker for me, unfortunately. Plus, as I recall it's a bit pricey.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Global Posts
    234 Global Posts
    How about a day specific ringtone program. Such that it would go with all my standards during the week, but on Friday my phone would ring with "Everybody's Workin' for the Weekend" ?

Or on a more serious note, something to shorten the DTMF tones and lower the volume of them as well.

dan
    Using the idea of the Call Notes, so an auto prompt after a call but......you either type a note about the call (maybe store it in memos?), write details of an appointment and put it in your calendar, write out a task and put it in your tasks - kinda like Slap! but as autoprompt after your call. This way everything you have just talked about is recorded and any actions done and you don't have to mess around going in to all your different applications - I think its a great idea!

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by finnd
    How about a day specific ringtone program. Such that it would go with all my standards during the week, but on Friday my phone would ring with "Everybody's Workin' for the Weekend" ?

Or on a more serious note, something to shorten the DTMF tones and lower the volume of them as well.

dan
    Milan's Profiles does this...
    OK since you asked...no wait a minute maybe you didnt but, my idea is this:

How about an app thats sorta like "Snoozy" but will allow you to not only snooze the appointment/alarm for as long as you want for that day, but reschedule it to a completely different day/time?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by phurth View Post

this is what you wanthttp://www.iambic.com/yourcall/palmos/

" How does YourCall work?

Once you end your telephone conversation, YourCall will show a dialog which prompts you to take an action."

I use it and LOVE it!

It gives you the option to stop asking for certain contacts (dont need a new meeting with MOM)