1.    #1  
    I have a Cingular Wireless Treo 650. For the last couple of weeks, everyone I talk with say they hear a 1- or 2-second echo of their own voice. Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Last edited by billwill; 09/09/2005 at 08:07 PM.
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    I used to, but since the recent firmware upgrade, no echo.
  3.    #3  
    How / where would I get the latest firmware? Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by billwill
    How / where would I get the latest firmware? Thanks in advance.
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    I downloaded and installed the desktop update which they recommended doing before the firmware update but then the Treo 650 wouldn't sync at all. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, rebooted, and still the Treo would not sync. I eventually had to uninstall it and reinstall my original Treo 650 CD. ? Any suggestions out there? I had a major crash with my Zire 72 about a year ago when I "updated" the software, and Palm gave me less than no help at all. Therefore, I'm very paranoid about updating anything these days. I can use all the help I can get. TIA.
    Quote Originally Posted by billwill
    I downloaded and installed the desktop update which they recommended doing before the firmware update but then the Treo 650 wouldn't sync at all. I uninstalled it, reinstalled it, rebooted, and still the Treo would not sync. I eventually had to uninstall it and reinstall my original Treo 650 CD. ? Any suggestions out there? I had a major crash with my Zire 72 about a year ago when I "updated" the software, and Palm gave me less than no help at all. Therefore, I'm very paranoid about updating anything these days. I can use all the help I can get. TIA.
    So...does it sync with the original Desktop? I don't think there's really any need to upgrade the Palm Desktop.

Also, the Desktop was just released. The firmware updates (depending on carrier) were all released before the latest version of Palm Desktop came out, so there's no harm in updating firmware with the older CD version of Desktop..
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."