1.    #1  
    FYI, you can do a zero out reset by entering the phone application then pressing the menu key to select reset. You will be prompted to enter the MSL code though.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Where are you finding "reset" at?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    sorry I forgot to mention in the phone app typw ##786 (on Sprint Phones) then hit menu
    Treoing & Loving it
    AWESOME FIND!! Now how do find the msl though?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    AWESOME FIND!! Now how do find the msl though?
    If your lucky, you can just call Sprint and ask. Sometimes you get it, sometimes you don't.

Otherwise, it's a serial cable and BitPIM.

There may be other methods, but those are the only two I know of.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    This is my thrid 650, sprint gives me the MSL with no problems.
    Treoing & Loving it
    Pardon my ignorance, but exactly what is a "zero out reset"?
    Quote Originally Posted by ElmTreo
    Pardon my ignorance, but exactly what is a "zero out reset"?

Zero Out Reset:

A zero out reset will regress a device that has non-volatile memory to its factory-fresh state. When done correctly, it completely rewrites your device's internal memory with zeros and ones, ensuring that any data is expunged. It should be used only if you want all information completely obliterated (example: you're selling your handheld, or you're sending it in for repair, and want to protect your privacy).

Awesome! I only wish I knew this before I swapped out my first Treo 650 (so that I could have made sure everything was wiped from its memory!) One of my faulty 650's problems was that a ZOR would only take about 18 seconds. And after that, it was impossible to get it to do another ZOR (it was just a normal hard reset after that).

I am going to try this on my "refurb" Sprint 650 tonight before upgrading it to 1.12. Believe it or not, I just got it on 9/8 and it still had 1.08 on it.
    Any way this can work on Cingular branded phones? I got one last Saturday, but I can't perform a Zero out like Palm one suggests because I don't have a hotsync button on my USB cable.
    @Homie_S

You don't need a hotsync button. Just press and hold the red phone off/on button and then press and release the reset button located on the back of the phone (under the cover). Keep holding the red phone off/on button until you see the palm logo and release it. It should ask you if you want to erase all data. Press up on the 5 way for yes or any other key for no.

Later,
    Maz
    Quote Originally Posted by mazorax
    @Homie_S

You don't need a hotsync button. Just press and hold the red phone off/on button and then press and release the reset button located on the back of the phone (under the cover). Keep holding the red phone off/on button until you see the palm logo and release it. It should ask you if you want to erase all data. Press up on the 5 way for yes or any other key for no.

Later,
    Maz
    That's a Hard reset, not ZOR.

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    That's a Hard reset, not ZOR.
    Correct, failed to point that out.

Thanks,
    Maz
    Quote Originally Posted by mazorax
    Correct, failed to point that out.

Thanks,
    Maz
    Yea, I'm aware of how to perform a hard reset. I just wanted to be able to do a zero out reset. In case it really hits the fan.
    How do you do a ZOR on 755p?
    Yes, for the 755p you can do a ZOR by doing the following: Set a password under Security and then perform a hard reset. A hard reset is converted to a zero out reset if a password has been set.