Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I bought a pack of screen protectors and several came in it. Well when would I need to use another? I mean, I've been using this same one for quite sometime now and its fine. When would you ever change it out?
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    The only time I change mine is if it starts to peel away from the screen.

LG VX9800
    Motorola HS-850
    Linksys USBBT100
    Mobile Crossing BT GPS

(R.I.P.)
    VZW Treo 650
    Treo Side Case
    You would change it when you send in your Treo for a replacement.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    If is scratched badly, really dirty or peeling away.
    Sorta like a diaper, when it needs to be changed. . .

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I agree, one screen saver lasts me a good year or so. Which makes a 3 pack a three year supply, which would be at least one or two devices back into the device grave yard.

Has to do with marketing and hitting a target retail while providing "value" to the consumer. The packaging and labor and distribution on these things is probably the true cost.

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    You would change it when you send in your Treo for a replacement.
    It at least seems that way. They are kind of a pain to get on without any 'imperfections' under the screen...so I don't replace them very often either.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Haven't used one since January with no problems. Are some people getting scratches on their screens without screen protectors?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    Haven't used one since January with no problems. Are some people getting scratches on their screens without screen protectors?

Hi Tonylmiller!

As an almost 10 year user of PDAs, it can and does happen. In this case, an ounce of pervetion is still worth a pound of cure. . . Maybe not so much with the Treo, as it is less stylus intensive, but I did put wear marks in my T3 screen at oft used locations.

I use the Boxwave Cyrstal Clear Touch, truly is cyrstal clear.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/09/2005 at 01:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Tonylmiller!

As an almost 10 year user of PDAs, it can and does happen. In this case, an ounce of pervetion is still worth a pound of cure. . . Maybe not so much with the Treo, as it is less stylus intensive, but I did put wear marks in my T3 screen at oft used locations.

I use the Boxwave Cyrstal Clear Touch, truly is cyrstal clear.

Cheers, Perry
    I hadn't thought about the stylus thing. I hardly use it at all.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    If you want to see what a device will look like after being used for 5 years plus...check out the units on display at the sprint store....the Treo 650 I first played with there almost had a hole worn thru the screen near the middle...of course no screen protector.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    The other problem would be the oil off your skin. That can damage the screen after couple of month.
  12.    #12  
    Okay, so it is natural to leave it on there if there's no problems with it. Mine is fine, but I decided to go with protectors because when I had my 600 I scratched the screen once.
    dailyOFFTOPIC.com
    The cure for boredom. Talk anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Un4given
    Okay, so it is natural to leave it on there if there's no problems with it. Mine is fine, but I decided to go with protectors because when I had my 600 I scratched the screen once.
    I would leave it there...only replace it if it appears to be too 'used' (instead of it being clear, all the stylus writings is making some areas look opaque).
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Has anyone tried Invisible Shield? Some friends report good results on their GPS receivers. It seems a little pricey, but the lifetime guaranty sounds good.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    It at least seems that way. They are kind of a pain to get on without any 'imperfections' under the screen...so I don't replace them very often either.
    Ditto here. They are such a pain to get on right, when you do, you tend to leave them there forever. I'm beginning to wonder if mine can even come off...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Just put my first one on and i got everything perfect but one air bubble in the left corner, I am debating on trying again, but I don't want to ruin this one. Any ideas!
    I'm still using the one stuck on the phone when it was new. (Not the one you have to cut out, but the big sloppy squishy one with the tab that extends up to the ear hole.)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    Just put my first one on and i got everything perfect but one air bubble in the left corner, I am debating on trying again, but I don't want to ruin this one. Any ideas!
    Can you just lift up the corner a little until the air pocket is open and then use a credit card to smooth it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxy
    I'm still using the one stuck on the phone when it was new. (Not the one you have to cut out, but the big sloppy squishy one with the tab that extends up to the ear hole.)
    Does the one that comes with it have some writing on it? (My friend has a verizon 650 and it came with this cheesy screen protector that said verizon on it and didnt even fit the screen).

Seems I change my Treo 650 more often than the screen protector!

I've had 3 Treo 650s and used the same screen protector on all of them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast