1.    #1  
    I installed the software so now I have a Bluetooth communications port, com3, in the ports under device manager. However, when I go to hot sync, it says the port is in use by another application. I don't have DUN running. Under the bluetooth com3 port, there is no advanced settings. You guys have any ideas? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemethod
    I installed the software so now I have a Bluetooth communications port, com3, in the ports under device manager. However, when I go to hot sync, it says the port is in use by another application. I don't have DUN running. Under the bluetooth com3 port, there is no advanced settings. You guys have any ideas? Thanks.
    Well, com port 3 is reserved for the 56K modem. Com port 4 is reserved for a built in bluetooth module. If you installed the software for an external bluetooth module, you will need to select another com port. There is typically 20 comports available.

For example, I use a Kensington bluetooth module. So I use com port 13 for all my bluetooth links to my PC.

Chuck
  3.    #3  
    Hey there chucky, I don't have a 56k modem nor do i have 20 comm ports. The software installed it to comm 3 because I didn't even have a 3. I only had 2 comm ports to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemethod
    Hey there chucky, I don't have a 56k modem nor do i have 20 comm ports. The software installed it to comm 3 because I didn't even have a 3. I only had 2 comm ports to begin with.
    "Hey there Chucky" generaly won't get you any further help from me.

However, I need to ask you what you are trying to Hotsync your Treo to, A Microwave?

If by chance you trying to sync to a computer, you need to 'add' another com port.......

Chuck
  5.    #5  
    Yeah, I have a microwave, I'm making lunch in it as I type..... I'm not quite sure how to add another com port. Also, wondering how I only had 2 to begin with?