1.    #1  
    Is there anyway I can recieve my outlook calendar appointments without actually physically syncing it up with my PC? Im on the road for extended periods of time where I dont have access to my PC and figured since my exchange emails can be pushed, my calendar appts can as well...

This possible?

TIA!
    possible if it is setup as a meeting request through outlook, then it will be in your inbox
    Treoing & Loving it
    I use Biz Conn (Sprint phone). If you have this (or a similar thing for a different carrier) look in the prefs for Calendar. I can go a few weeks to and from and they will get synced.

Scenario1:
    Hotsync at office: all calendar info shows up on regualr claendar and on the Biz COnn Calendar

Scenario 2. I am on the road and my secretary enters an appoitmnet (or I affirmaticvely respond to an appointment-emial). I do a Biz Conn over the air email/calendar sync. No new info in the regular calendar BUT, Hooray, info apperas in the Bizz Conn calendar.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by durex
    Is there anyway I can recieve my outlook calendar appointments without actually physically syncing it up with my PC? Im on the road for extended periods of time where I dont have access to my PC and figured since my exchange emails can be pushed, my calendar appts can as well...

This possible?

TIA!
    I would *love* for an application to do this, but sadly I haven't found one yet. The best I've been able to do is to use ActiveSync in Versamail to automatically Sync the calendar every 15-30 minutes. Unfortunately this requires Exchange 2003, so if your company uses an earlier version then you're out of luck there. It's also not push, but it's the best solution I've been able to come up with.

HTH,
    Brett
    Quote Originally Posted by durex

This possible?

TIA!
    I use Cingular Xpress Mail and get e-mail and Calendar items from the Outlook Exchange Server "pushed" to the Treo.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I use Intellisync Wireless E-Mail Express (which is not just for e-mail). I detailed my experience in the following thread:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=94464
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
    Seven's Treo650 client has OTA push calendar events.
  8.    #8  
    Sorry... I guess I should have rephrased my question.. I actually dont care about "true push" with my calendar events. I just want them to get downloaded to my phone, rather than physically connecting to my pc and syncing... Ive got versamail and my company uses exchange 2003 i believe....
    So do you just want to do a wireless HotSync? Would you want to do this in the immediate vicinity of your main PC? If so, you can HS over Bluetooth (you'll need BT on your PC if you don't already). There are other threads here to offer more guidance on how to do this.
    Current: iPhone 3G
    Retired from active duty: Treo 800w, Sprint Touch, Mogul, Apache, Cingular Treo 650, HP iPaq 4350, T|T, M505 - Nokia 3650 - SE R520m, T610, T637, Moto P280, etc, etc...
  10.    #10  
    ha... wow.. i guess im just not on the ball when it comes to being specific enough huh?

ok.. all i want is to be able to get my calendar updated without the need of another pc in the direct vicinity. whether its pushed or relayed out. i hope this is clear enough.

thanks again!
    If you company has enabled OWA for Exchange then you should be able to use Versamail's Activesync to get your email and calendar from anywhere.
  12.    #12  
    Excellent. Thats all I needed to know.

Thanks a bunch guys and sorry for the confusion.
  13.    #13  
    Ok... followup question here.

What would be the best solution if I wanted to be able to get my calendar stuff automatically, similiar to Versamails functionality, but wanted to use chattermail as my email client?

Thanks again!!
    From your previous posts, I'm assuming that your email and calendar is on an exchange server - I don't believe Chatter can get mail from an exchange server so I'm not sure that would work.

If I'm wrong, you would have to look into some of the approaches suggested above to use a desktop redirector.
    just lost my Palm Calendar today in an attempt to setup EXCHANGE email. I subsequently deleted the Exchange email, but my calendar is still gone. I changed my Custom Sync settings to "Desktop overrides Handheld", but that didn't work, I reentered the basics of my appts to Palm Desktop and tried another sync with Desktop overrides Handheld, but that doesn't work either....Does anyone have a fix for getting the Palm Calendar back?? Pleaseeeee
    Do you have backups of your PC files? If so, restore the contents of

C:\Program Files\palmOne\<your hotsync ID>\datebook

to what they were before the adventure, and do a hotsync with the Calendar conduit to Desktop overwrites handheld.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A