1.    #1  
    Hi all--

I'm hoping someone has run across the problem I'm having and has a solution. I've installed AppLock and Password Launch, separately, on my Treo 600 (VzW) hoping to lock access to certain programs.

Both programs work as desired unless I try to delete them from the launcher applications menu. I've used Filez (and also experimented with File Prog and Resco Explorer as a test) to make the application read-only, so that it can't be deleted. When I try to delete the program, it won't let me (which is good security), but it *does* delete the a68k file that holds the password. The end result is that AppLock and Password Launch are then no longer password protected, and neither are the application(s) I want to lock.

If I designate the a68k file as read-only, neither AppLock nor Password Launch can access the file to read the password, so they just refuse to open (or function) altogether.

Is there a way to edit the list of deleteable programs in the launcher menu, so that AppLock or Password Launch do not appear there? Is there a way to lock a68k files without designating them as read-only?

This seems like a major security flaw and defeats the purpose of both programs. I've emailed both developers but haven't received a response yet. Every message I've found in the forums is about people wanting to delete a68k files, but I just want to keep one...

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Rob
    I'm afraid there is no real solution for this unfortunately. Even if there was a way to disable deletion of apps, there is always the possbility of doing a warm reset which will always disable all sys extensions/hacks and thus curcumventing even this!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions