Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    This very elusive program - where can I find it? I have looked everywhere without success.... really like to use it on my 650... thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by roguetrooper
    This very elusive program - where can I find it? I have looked everywhere without success.... really like to use it on my 650... thanks
    Took less than a second with Googl:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/attac...achmentid=9277

But be careful. Some ppl have had problems
  3.    #3  
    thanks thats great.... I searched without success.... so I appreciate that!
    Loading it now.....
  4.    #4  
    unfortunately yet gain... this is "Callshield 2.5*a*" not 2.5*b*

I'm looking for 2.5b (I already have 2.5a and it doesn't work very well).

2.5b was apparently the Treo 650 release....

if somebody has 2.5*b* can they send it to me at: ed@islandnet.com

thanks and much appreciated !!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by roguetrooper
    unfortunately yet gain... this is "Callshield 2.5*a*" not 2.5*b*

I'm looking for 2.5b (I already have 2.5a and it doesn't work very well).

2.5b was apparently the Treo 650 release....

if somebody has 2.5*b* can they send it to me at: ed@islandnet.com

thanks and much appreciated !!!!!
    Any luck finding callshield 2.5b?
    I looked and found it. Hope you already have it.
    Did you even bother contacting the company ?

MantraGroup Inc.
    P.O.Box 620236
    Middleton, WI 53562-0236
    Phone: 1.866.GO.MANTRA
    Fax: 1.267.345.4826
    hq@mantragroup.com

401 Dhruvatara, Medinova Building,
    Hyderabad, AP, India - 500082.
    Phone: 91-40-23325858
    india@mantragroup.com

Company Info: info@mantragroup.com
    Partners: partners@mantragroup.com
    Jobs: hr@mantragroup.com
    Support: support@mantragroup.com
    Investors: investors@mantragroup.com
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    Did you even bother contacting the company ?
    LOL, that's a good one.... whew.... ;-)

Seriously though, for the longest time there was no feedback from the company or developers on their own forums regarding CallShield for the 650. Then there was a blip about emailing them to be a beta tester. Then nothing. Then they posted the 2.5b. Then nothing. Then they'd log on every 2-3 weeks and give somewhat half-baked answers to questions. Then nothing. Then they started replying to pretty much every post within about 2 days. But every reply was just "Thanks for telling us of the bug, we'll forward it to our developers to they can fix it for the final release." Every time, no more detail. No, "I'm sorry but we're busy working with Causeries" (sp?). No, "Well, we have this one nasty bug with this api that we're working with palmsource on." Nothing of use. In fact the person posting was even hiding behind a generic "System Admin" account name. Then nothing. And now for about the last month their forums have been "down."

Treo Developers... there is a market for this product!! I alone would gladly spend a considerable amount (in palm software terms) for a reliable and working product that:

• Can direct calls immediately to voicemail
    • Can surpress the ring, but make it appear to the caller as it just rang until it goes to voicemail
    • Pick up and immediately hang up on caller
    • Play custom mp3 for caller
    • Automatically pickup phone
    • Surpress SMS pop-up, but still allow sms through
    • block sms
    • perform all the above actions based on: contact info from address book, category info, specific number, wild card number, wild card contact
    • For each rule, allow a schedule to be imposed (for example block personal calls at work)
    • Integrate with any/all of the profile programs out there so that while in "office" or "movie" mode everything's automatically in vibrate mode
    • allow mp3 ringers
    • still show picture from contact info on call
    • be able to use video as picture

That's about it (for now) :-D

p.s. if anyone from Mantra reads this, I have the highest hopes that you will deliver on this product. I mean you no ill-will, I'm just trying to vent my frustration at the lack of feedback from your development team. (For example: Is it a team? or is MantraGroup one guy who does everything from coding the app, website, sales, marketing?)
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanRagon
    LOL, that's a good one.... whew.... ;-)

Seriously though, for the longest time there was no feedback from the company or developers on their own forums regarding CallShield for the 650. Then there was a blip about emailing them to be a beta tester. Then nothing. Then they posted the 2.5b. Then nothing. Then they'd log on every 2-3 weeks and give somewhat half-baked answers to questions. Then nothing. Then they started replying to pretty much every post within about 2 days. But every reply was just "Thanks for telling us of the bug, we'll forward it to our developers to they can fix it for the final release." Every time, no more detail. No, "I'm sorry but we're busy working with Causeries" (sp?). No, "Well, we have this one nasty bug with this api that we're working with palmsource on." Nothing of use. In fact the person posting was even hiding behind a generic "System Admin" account name. Then nothing. And now for about the last month their forums have been "down."

Treo Developers... there is a market for this product!! I alone would gladly spend a considerable amount (in palm software terms) for a reliable and working product that:

• Can direct calls immediately to voicemail
    • Can surpress the ring, but make it appear to the caller as it just rang until it goes to voicemail
    • Pick up and immediately hang up on caller
    • Play custom mp3 for caller
    • Automatically pickup phone
    • Surpress SMS pop-up, but still allow sms through
    • block sms
    • perform all the above actions based on: contact info from address book, category info, specific number, wild card number, wild card contact
    • For each rule, allow a schedule to be imposed (for example block personal calls at work)
    • Integrate with any/all of the profile programs out there so that while in "office" or "movie" mode everything's automatically in vibrate mode
    • allow mp3 ringers
    • still show picture from contact info on call
    • be able to use video as picture

That's about it (for now) :-D

p.s. if anyone from Mantra reads this, I have the highest hopes that you will deliver on this product. I mean you no ill-will, I'm just trying to vent my frustration at the lack of feedback from your development team. (For example: Is it a team? or is MantraGroup one guy who does everything from coding the app, website, sales, marketing?)
    I totally F**k*n* agree. I am so desperate for this app I am willing to pay $30 plus. Rob(callfilter) abandoned us, and Mantragroup is as about as reliable as toysoft. Somebody please step up and make a s***load of money.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    I totally F**k*n* agree. I am so desperate for this app I am willing to pay $30 plus. Rob(callfilter) abandoned us, and Mantragroup is as about as reliable as toysoft. Somebody please step up and make a s***load of money.
    As would I TA, as would I. I was thinking $30 to $40.

It's been almost a year since the 650 came out. Please, are there any developers out there who can do this?!??
    calllfilter works
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    What version of Call Filter? And where can we find it. The version of Call Filter for the Treo 600 has all kinds of problems on the 650.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    1.3.1 over at mytreo.net
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Thanks, Scotty. I missed that. I'll be downloading tonight!
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.

Quote Originally Posted by BryanRagon
    As would I TA, as would I. I was thinking $30 to $40.

It's been almost a year since the 650 came out. Please, are there any developers out there who can do this?!??
    I wouldnt trust them agaim. Took them that long to put out an update. like WTF are they doing? its not like they fixed all the bugs or rewritten the entire app. zero support from them.
    Zero support from Mantra Group - it may work but if you have a problem...I dealt with them three years ago and regretted it. Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by burnBabyburn
    I wouldnt trust them agaim. Took them that long to put out an update. like WTF are they doing? its not like they fixed all the bugs or rewritten the entire app. zero support from them.
    Gee, do you work for Toysoft? Judging from your other posts, you do.

Smiley, is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by bclinger
    Zero support from Mantra Group - it may work but if you have a problem...I dealt with them three years ago and regretted it. Ben
    They definitely had issues in the past and disappeared for a long stretch, but things have been pretty active in their forums over the past few months, particularly with Causerie, so perhaps they're starting to ramp back up on CallShield...

i gave 1.6 a try and it still has many bugs
    Callfilter is excellent! No problems with it! Use this link to download the latest version (with built-in MP3 player)!
    http://www.velocityware.com/download...filterbeta.zip
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast