1.    #1  
    I have a Treo 650 with Verizon. I have Pocket Tunes and Treo Guard.

I have a couple MP3 tunes on my memory card. I've been able to configure the Treo to play 1 of the tunes on incoming calls.

The part that stumps me is that I'd like the 'other' tune played on incoming calls from 2 particular phone numbers. They're in my 'Favorites' and I'm able to edit the favorite button to play one of the pre-programmed rings, but I'm not able to make those 2 favorites play that other MP3 tune on incoming calls.

Did I explain it clearly? I'm stumped and could use some help. Thanks.

Michael
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    treoguard will only allow one mp3 tone for all.

try mring or ringo for indiv or group mp3's
    Sprint 700p
  3.    #3  
    Are those 2 programs like LightWav 5, or different?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    like in that they 'say' they do similar things....

I use ringo pro..after having demod litewave and buying mring...
    Sprint 700p
    Sounds like a great feature request for Phone Technician (by same developer as Butler). Hopefully he's listening.....
    I just wanted to add that I bought LightWav and was happy with it on my 600 but had repeated resetting issues, bought Ringo no resets since.
  7.    #7  
    Hey everyone, thanks for all the information. It helped.

Michael
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    I just wanted to add that I bought LightWav and was happy with it on my 600 but had repeated resetting issues, bought Ringo no resets since.
    Lightwav worked great on my 600, didn't work at all on my 650. I bought Ringo and it's worked flawlessly.
    I'm back!
  9.    #9  
    I added Ringo and it seems to be working well.

Michael
    Well i want to buy a ringtone program (wel li dont want to buy it but i guess i dont have a choice?) Anyway, i want to be bale to have MP3 ringtones, whats the best/cheapest program? tahts all ineed it for, is mp3 ringtones..nothing else
    I don't think any one Mp3 ringtone program has been deemed "the best."

Best advice is try them all and decide for yourself which one works best. They all have some sort of trial period.
    Some people swear by Ringo while others can't stand it. Same with Lightwav. You have to try these things out for yourself. No easy right or wrong answer for this.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hey guys,

I just got a new Treo 650 today. I'm looking for a webpage or somewhere online that tells you how to use mp3's as ringtones, how you can set certain ringtones for certain people who call etc. basically the whole run down. i checked the FAQ and couldn't see anything. Everyone on these boards seem to already know how to do it. any ideas? thanks in advance!~

-jp
    Please search these forums. There is much detail. Linking tone is in Favorites area.
    FastFrank
    You'll need to use a third party application to do it.

There are several:

Lightwav
    Phone Technition
    MRing
    Ringo
    Mp3 Ringer

Just to name a few.
    Phone Technician (Hobbyist) is the least expensinve I beleive. I have it and have been happy with its stabiltiy. Other programs, though, have more features.
    LIghtwav has great features, but it's horribly unstable and the UI is kind of fouled up, IMNSHO. Ringo Pro has been pretty good for me, and it comes with its own MP3 playback engine.
    I prefer mring i got it for 12 dollars great program