1.    #1  
    Hi,

My Treo650 shuts off by itself when I leave it idle for like a few hours. Sometimes when I check on my phone after a few hours, the PalmOne starting screen would come up automatically and the phone would search for network afterward. Therefore I wouldn't be able to receive any phone calls when I goto sleep at night. Does anyone have the same problem? Is there a setting I can do to solve this problem? Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    Sounds like it's resetting rather than shutting down. There is no full shutdown other than taking out the battery. Do you have any third-party software installed?
    It seems like the problem is happening to you consistently. If it is, try backing up your stuff and doing a hard reset. Then use your 650 like that (withouy syncing at all) and see if the problem happens. If it does, then you may have bad hardware - time to call your carrier's tech support and arrange for an exchange.

If it doesn't happen, then it is most likely something you have installed that is causing the problem. May its not a particular piece of software, but a combination of programs. The only way to know for sure is to install them one at a time, and using the 650 between installs long enough to convice yourself that the problem is not reappearing.

Good luck!
    Cingular Treo 650
    Click here to see what's loaded on my Treo 650
    Do you like my dog? Visit his website!!!
    If you are experiencing a popular problem where the phone part of your Treo 650 shuts down by randomly by itself, You need to fold a small piece of paper and place it behind your Sim card in the Sim card tray and then re-install it into your phone, this ensures a tight fit for the Sim card and stops it from losing contact with the internal Sim contacts with the phone (when it does lose contact it causes the phone to shut down)
    If you are experiencing a popular problem where the phone part of your Treo 650 shuts down by randomly by itself, You need to fold a small piece of paper and place it behind your Sim card in the Sim card tray and then re-install it into your phone, this ensures a tight fit for the Sim card and stops it from losing contact with the internal Sim contacts with the phone (when it does lose contact it causes the phone to shut down)

-----------

If you are Upgrading from a Treo 600 Please see: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=83899

-------

Have you tried a hard reset ? (Reset the device using your stylus to poke the reset button behind your battery door, while at the same time holding down the red power button untill the grey PALM powered screen comes up at that point release the power button and the device will ask you if you would like to erase all data. It is advised to perform a hotsync and backup your device before performing this procedure)

--------

Have you tried the just released firmware update from palmone? Which can be found here:

http://www.palmone.com/us/support/do...pecial_dl.html

-----------

It is strongly suggested that you make sure that you have a Brand New sim card, the older sim cards are known to cause many stability issues!

--------

You could also have software applications installed on your Treo that is incompatible with the latest palm operating system