Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I, too, suffered from many resets. I finally did a hard reset and loaded only the apps that I used frequently and most of my reset problems are gone. The only ones i get are from "spider" and "zlauncher" at least that's what ##377# wil tell me. Versamial works fine for me... I had chatter but it was reset city!! I got rid of most of my "always on" type programs like Verichat and Chatter and I couldn't be happier.

Except for the fact that sometimes it takes a while for my screen to wake up. i have to press function keys more times than I should to toggle the screen on. Other than that it runs like a champ.
    Love my Treo.

Totally stable. Wouldn't be without it!

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Another happy camper here!
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    I gave up and went with a Blackberry 7290. My Treo 650 is now collecting dust in a drawer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Longstrider
    Yikes....
    Zero out resync might not work.
    You gotta Zero out.
    Change the name of your backup folder on your pc.
    resync just the PIM info.
    Then reload apps from scratch.

If you just resync everything you may transfer the problem right back to the phone.
    This is exactly right. You must hard reset and then follow the instructions that Longstrider mentioned. Resyncing may very well just sync the problem app/files right back onto your treo. What you will often find is 2 different treo users using similar apps, one user will have no problems and the other will have multiple crashes all the time. It's difficult to pin down why this happens but it is most likely due (though not always) to the way they set things up in the first place. For instance, someone moving from a 600 to a 650 may decide to simply sync everything from one device to the other, this often causes major problems (resets).
    Simply love mine.
    Problem free from day one, unlocked GSM.
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Trolls! You are midget trolls! How dare you insult the RESET! RES...iPhone!
    The most unstable device I have ever had!!!
    and
    I only have ONE third party application PTunes.
    chalk up another satisfied user here!!! VZW rocks for me!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    .....it is the best.

Few reset and a wonderfull integration between hw and sw.

Some problems regarding audio volume/quality.

Sadly my GSM (actually my 3 GSM models I had) suffers the frrezing problem (see my poll). I'll probably will require a pay back or a change to my retailer.

Palm seems not to be aware this critical problem, or at least the don't care about it. My hope is becoming lower and lower every day and I started reading about Windows Mobile 5!!

Palm, you're loosing a Treo 180/270/650 customer.

Sad Treo/Palm Lover.

Vittore
    First off, since this is a generally a pro-Treo type of forum, I don't think this is the best place to ask this question if you are looking for unbiased opinions...but that being said, I'm a loyal Treo customer since they were first released years ago. With each one I have purchased I keep hoping it will be perfect. Sadly they have a long way to go!

My 650 is stable about 90% of the time. I love all the features and I love the integration that the device offers. But when it comes down to it, I really need this first and foremost, to be a phone, and one that works reliably. Mine does not. Part of that is the terrible Sprint coverage in my area, but part of the reason is because of the phone. I can't tell you how often I have a call come in and the Treo locks up as soon as I hit the answer button. Then of course I have to reset it to get it going again. It is very frustrating.

And yes I have the latest firmware, and no I don't really have any third party programs I'm using, so this is pretty much a virgin Palm phone...being operated with the stock software it came shipped with.

I'm actually in the process of looking for something else. So I guess in summary I'm not happy enough to keep it and continue to upgrade through Palms products.
    winter
    I cannot Sync, I cannot use my Versamail

I find the Treo 650 a major disappointment. Paid a fortune for it and the ortions that are most important to me do not work. Our IT Dude has tried for hours to get it going. We actually installed a Microsoft Exchange network here in my firm just because I had badgered everyone so long, with the intent of getting some connectivity with my TREO. Nada.

I cannot even download patches or more recent firmware because my TREO DOES NOT SYNC. Very frustrating. If a device needs this much attention to do the basic, advertised functions, there is something wrong.

On top of it, there is noone to go to to return the damn thing. Cingular stores do not carry the device (only via Web) so it is not like you can go there and throw the thing on their counter. You buy the thing, you are lost. You can try to pay the IT guy to hang on the telephone for several hours to try to accomplish one sync, because non-technos like me are lost even if they can actually get a human being on the line.

I do not usually rant, but this is an exception. Do not buy this device. (By the way, I am not paid or sponsored by some competing device producer. This my my very own frustration.
    I have a Cingular GSM phone that runs perfectly. From the vision comment in the first post I think he has a Sprint phone. Maybe that is the problem. However, I have noticed a trend that the people with the most problems are the power users who want to watch movies and such and push the 650 to its limits. I think for the average user who uses the phone, PIM, e-mail and Internet without a million 3rd party apps loaded has a very stable experience with the Treo 650.

Just my humble opinion. However, since I am a gadget freak I am sure I will upgrade to the next version that comes out next year if the value proposition is there.
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by vporter
    Except for the fact that sometimes it takes a while for my screen to wake up. i have to press function keys more times than I should to toggle the screen on. Other than that it runs like a champ.
    Yes, I have that bug as well. That's currently the only problem I am experiencing, the crashing seems to have stopped after my reset/reload, but I am getting horrible lags on waking, and even during operations.
  15.    #35  
    Yes, I am a Sprint user. I actually dumped Verizon and ate the cancellation fee so I could move to the 650 and benefit from Sprint's lower data plan pricing.

I guess I posted mainly because I'm looking for a solution, but I know others are having similar issues, so it's not like I am imagining this. Our CFO had a 650 (also Sprint) and hated it, complaints very similar to Winter's above. He ended up going with a non-PDA phone because as he said, "I'm too important to miss calls" (or something less pompous sounding).

I just want the damn thing to work as it's supposed to. The first time I saw it at the roadshow I was enchanted (watching the Palm guy show videos, listen to music, bluetooth, etc). If I had a problem 5-10% of the time I could live with it, this is more like 40-45% of the time that I am wasting time due to the device being funky.
    This is all very disturbing. I was so excited to get this thing but I have spent hours trying to get it to work now with no luck either. right out of the box. it should not be so dificult for a non geek guy to use. I NEED TO GO TO WORK NOT DO THIS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudiomango
    On top of it, there is noone to go to to return the damn thing. Cingular stores do not carry the device (only via Web) so it is not like you can go there and throw the thing on their counter.
    I'm not sure where you are at, but the Cingular stores that I have went to in Suburban Chicagoland area all have them in stock.

I have 2 650's for the past month and neither of them have had any major problems. I am extremely happy with the phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by danix
    Yes, I am a Sprint user. I actually dumped Verizon and ate the cancellation fee so I could move to the 650 and benefit from Sprint's lower data plan pricing.

I guess I posted mainly because I'm looking for a solution, but I know others are having similar issues, so it's not like I am imagining this. Our CFO had a 650 (also Sprint) and hated it, complaints very similar to Winter's above. He ended up going with a non-PDA phone because as he said, "I'm too important to miss calls" (or something less pompous sounding).

I just want the damn thing to work as it's supposed to. The first time I saw it at the roadshow I was enchanted (watching the Palm guy show videos, listen to music, bluetooth, etc). If I had a problem 5-10% of the time I could live with it, this is more like 40-45% of the time that I am wasting time due to the device being funky.
    Why don't you go back to Sprint and have them replace it. You may just have a bad device. My treo has been very stable and am using Sprint.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I did not have problems out of the box with mine. After several 3rd party apps some resets, deleted one at a time and worked fine once I found the program that was not compatible.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ I don't know, this may just be me, but it seems more and evident to me that the Treo is not for everybody.

I consider myself a pretty patient and yet persistent person. When I was first experiencing problems with my T650, I waited until the first firmware revision came out (in my case it was a GSM beta), and then I did A TON of reading about the best third-party apps that were known to play nicely. I tried them out, one at a time, found a good combination that worked for me and provided the functions that I needed, and now I can't be happier.

I guess all I'm really saying is that it takes a certain type of person to put up with the T650 quirks. I would never EVER recommend it to a untechnical business professional; unless of course he/she has a REALLY simple setup such as email + PIM, nothing more.

I've supported such people, and I found that the more complicated their setup was, the more difficult they were to support. Hence why Blackberry's are so popular.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast