1.    #1  
    I can send mail using my gmail account on my Treo, but when getting new email, it times out "due to a delay in server communication" when trying to connect to the mail server. Any ideas? It worked last week.
    Beastboy, I cannot send at all, but can receive all I want from Gmail. From what I can tell Versamail does not recognize or offer the TSL encryption that Gmail uses for its smtp security.

What is interesting to me is you said it worked last week. Are you using Versamail?

I just found this in another thread and it now works for me.

smtp server to cwmx.com if you are on Cingular, there was also posted a similar smtp server for sprint customers.
    Last edited by junk13; 09/08/2005 at 10:35 AM. Reason: I found perhaps helpful info in another thread
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by junk13
    Beastboy, I cannot send at all, but can receive all I want from Gmail. From what I can tell Versamail does not recognize or offer the TSL encryption that Gmail uses for its smtp security.

What is interesting to me is you said it worked last week. Are you using Versamail?

I just found this in another thread and it now works for me.

smtp server to cwmx.com if you are on Cingular, there was also posted a similar smtp server for sprint customers.
    Yeah...it's been working great until the last few days. What thread did you find that on? I have sprint.