Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lynch
    I'm in for the yearly subscription rate as well - much better for me than a monthly rate.
    Ditto.
    Hi - no timeline on Treo 600 support, although we just hired a friend of mine who will probably be the one to make it happen. I did also want to mention Bluetooth headset support, which several people have mentioned to me; I think it would be great and will happen as soon as we can squeeze it in.

I also just spoke to our marketing guys and they're on the yearly subscription idea. No promises on when this would happen, but I hear Christmas is a good time for gift-giving.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    ... I did also want to mention Bluetooth headset support, which several people have mentioned to me; I think it would be great and will happen as soon as we can squeeze it in.
    That would be revolutionary...! I know a lot of people are wanting this for mp3s. If you make it happen I'm pretty sure you into something big. Keep you the great work.

Al
    I did also want to mention Bluetooth headset support, which several people have mentioned to me; I think it would be great and will happen as soon as we can squeeze it in.
    That, in my opinion, is the single most beneficial feature upgrade.
    I actually had to dig out my wired headset to listen to MobiTV and I remembered how much I hate it. Having to lug around a bundle of wires is the pits, I'd rather use the bluetooth headset that I already carry around. Not to mention plugging a headset in and out of that jack ends up causing the jack to break over time (as many complain.)

Find a way to convince marketing or the powers that be that this is a worth use of time! Let me (us) know if there's anything we can do to help that.
    Please, I beg of you!!!!!!!
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Someone requested a sound-only option. Expanding on that, a sound-only running in the background (similar to ptunes streaming) option would be even better.
    Quick update - I shouldn't have promised Bluetooth headset support so quickly, I just did some quick reading to refresh my memory and a number of things came flooding back.

The major issue is that Palm doesn't expose even mono headset control to any 3rd party applications, just to the Phone application. Additionally, the A2DP profile for streaming stereo audio isn't even on the Treo roadmap to my knowledge. It should be possible to connect and stream to a BT headset in mono, but we'd have to write the whole thing ourselves, which honestly is not very likely. It's a killer enough feature that I'll keep it on the list and see how much effort it would take, but the real gating factors are the Palm OS (doesn't expose BT mono headset control to apps) and the Broadcom chipset the Treos use (no A2DP support). I really should have remembered this a little sooner seeing as I worked on a pair of A2DP headphones not that long ago and had this same conversation with people about the difficulty of supporting the Treo, I just wasn't aware the problem extended to the mono headsets as well.

Sorry for the confusion...
    I just installed the software. It is interesting but I wasn't expecting all those commercials. I seldom ever watch live TV because I just hate the endless stream of commercials. I wouldn't mind paying more if there was some premium non commercial content more like the satellite radio. This will be my first and last month.
    Adam West
    Quote Originally Posted by dhaupert
    Scratch that- I guess the auto-dimming of the device is a bug in the Treo 650! Saw this in another thread and therefore not something MobiTV can fix on their end.

Never mind.
    What was the solution to that bug?
    Thanks.
    ~'kito

-Yearly subscription is a good idea, glad to hear you'd want one! We have talked about this, I'll mention it again and see where we are.

A discounted yearly subscription rate would be very enticing! At this point, after beta testing MobiTV, I do not think I would purchase the sevice for $10/month. But if it was reduced by a few dollars in a yearly subscription, I think I would reconsider...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I am totally in favor of a yearly subscription.
    We would all line up and impress your marketing guys with big numbers if the discounted Yearly were offered.
    Thanks!
    ~'kito
    Heres what it needs ASAP.
    1.Give the end user some way to increase the buffer.
    2.We need a way to turn off the screen sometimes and have only sound.
    That will save the battery and maybe save someones job.A boss wont mind
    some audio but he will mind a worker watching tv on his dime.
    3.CDMA users need cut out points.Thats what I call them and heres why.
    Design a way for the software to stop and let the phone try to get a call.
    Lets say I have the the program running.No way can I get a call.
    If you have user defined cut out points I might get a call sooner or later.

4. Let the user zoom in the picture as needed.Examples:CNBC,hard as hell to
    read the ticker.MLB: scores hard to read.You get the idea.
    5. Sound............not that great.Can we at least get it to FM standards?

6. If the larger buffer idea works is it possible to design a way so someone could switch between 2 channels without a long lag time?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Great Product! Easy to download install and use! Can't wait for the improved speed, more channels and the added features you've been mentioning. Thanks for providing all this information in the forum Mobitv!!
    JayJ
    -----
    PalmPilot Pro ->
    Palm III ->
    Treo 270 ->
    Treo 650 ->
    Treo 755p ->
    Palm Pre Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by Meandean
    6. If the larger buffer idea works is it possible to design a way so someone could switch between 2 channels without a long lag time?

If you are thinking the buffer will help reduce the lag time between channels, then one of two things will have to happen.

1) When you switch channels, you would still be watching the channel you switched from, until the new channel is fully buffered.

2) The device would have to buffer every channel it has available so you could quickly switch to the one you want.

Number 1 would require a different interface, so you could get to any channel without going to the guide, and this woudln't get you to the new channel any quicker.

Number 2 would require more horsepower then you may ever have in the palm of your hands. (Did I say ever?.... Scratch that.)
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Hi all - just wanted to update on two issues some of you may be experiencing:

-404 errors on NFL Network and MAXX Sports: Our operations group is aware of the issue and we should have it fixed soon. It's affecting about 1 in 20 video clips, meaning that you should see no more than one of these errors every few minutes.

-Authorization failed errors: If you receive messages at the top of your screen along the lines of "authorization failed", please delete your client and reinstall it. This error can happen when your client fails to handshake properly with the server on initial installation, but if you manage to install it correctly, it should never happen again. We will be fixing this on the backend asap but deleting and reinstalling should get you up and running.

One further comment about content; not trying to pass the buck here, but if we were allowed to show Seinfeld, Lost, The Amazing Race, live MLB baseball games, etc., don't you think we would? As has been mentioned earlier in this thread, if you want content, your best option is to first let us know, and then put some gentle pressure on the people who own it. We are doing that on your behalf, but every little bit helps. The same goes for TiVo-style features, which we would love to add as soon as it's legal to do so.
    Well I dont know about anyone else, but I would gladly pay an extra $5 to $10 bucks a month for that kind of program viewing. Im on the move alot, and miss a lot of my shows, and by the time I get home, its just to rest, and then Im on the move again, so Tivo doesnt really suit my needs. So if you guys were willing to look into this a little more, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Quick update - I shouldn't have promised Bluetooth headset support so quickly, I just did some quick reading to refresh my memory and a number of things came flooding back.

The major issue is that Palm doesn't expose even mono headset control to any 3rd party applications, just to the Phone application. Additionally, the A2DP profile for streaming stereo audio isn't even on the Treo roadmap to my knowledge. It should be possible to connect and stream to a BT headset in mono, but we'd have to write the whole thing ourselves, which honestly is not very likely.
    That's a real drag. Well I think we (including yourself) were very excited for that brief moment. I have to admit I was skeptical, still, you're a rock star if you pull it off.
    Last edited by taylorh; 09/14/2005 at 12:11 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    To mobitv:
    This is a killer app! The Treo is limited and is not meant to replace your living room TV. Please resist adding crazy features that the average user would seldom use. Keep it simple and with no bloat. Concentrate your efforts toward picture, sound, and channel quality. Thanks for your presence on this board and I look forward to future releases.
    Ok There is something coming for all of those that want MONO bluetooth.
    I cant spill the beans as my word is my bond.It sounds OK,like a voice,
    not a stero or even a low grade FM.If I had to guess 75.00 dollars plus the
    cost of whatever device you want to use.The problem is big outfits want
    the idea for free.They wine and dine you but they dont pony up the cash.
    Its funny because they act so smart and cool but they still dont know
    HOW TO DO it! I give a rats *** how anyone replys to this post.You can
    call me whatever makes you happy.
    I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Wanting what for free? Wine and dine who? You mean they want a 'free' license of your (or someone's) mono bluetooth driver?
    I feel like you're ranting half a story here, like we're not in on the whole thing.
    But thanks for the heads up. I'd certainly pay (something) to add bluetooth mono support to the Treo. I don't know about $75. Thats very steep for ANY software let adding JUST audio support that you admit has poor audio quality (if I read this right) but every developer deserves to get paid for their work and should.
    Thanks for the heads up, you give us hope.
    MobiTV suggested contacting stations that we want to see so I did and I actually DID get an email back from ITN.

I suspect that they are more amenable to the idea since they ALREADY have MobiTV broadcasting their content to British subscribers.

In the email I got from ITN they said that they are interested but have some concerns but that they will definitely talk to the MobiTV company about it.

I might have to resubscribe to MobiTV if they get ITN for SprintPCS here in the U.S.
    anyone tried softick PPP ?

I use it to establish a PPP connection through my desktop cradle connection to access the internet on the Treo (like PocketPC active sync) and it works good with MobiTV. I can receive calls when using it like this. Doesn't help when mobile, but it's cool to be able to watch it when docked.
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast