Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    I just installed in on a Verizon 650 and all I can watch is the promo video. It won't allow me to start the other channels... any suggestions on what I'm doing incorrectly? Thanks.
    I assume you put in your registration info. Did you try the demo first and then get your registration info and try to enter it? I had trouble and if that is the case, look on the other thread for the solution. Basically you need to get Resco Explorer and delete a couple of preferences.
    MobiTV,

I am having this issue with Cingular and the old Sim.

Carrier name is:

CINGULAR - (all caps) EDGE speed (does not work with mobitv)
    Cingular - GPRS speed (works but slow)

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    Hi - I just wanted to let you know about an issue we just uncovered with using old SIMs with MobiTV. If you have a SIM that does not report Cingular as its carrier, MobiTV may not authorize properly; as part of adding support for T-Mobile we'll be adding support for as many of these older SIMs as possible. Hopefully this doesn't affect too many people, but if you do have an old SIM and want to use MobiTV, it would be helpful to us if you could post here the exact carrier name that appears in the upper left corner of the Phone screen so we can be sure we recognize it.

Thanks!
    I did not try the demo. I purchased the product, downloaded it, installed it, and put in my registration info.
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    MobileGuy - if you have a Verizon Treo, please make sure you re-download the client from Handmark. There was an early authentication issue that is fixed in this new build. Please go to http://my.handmark.com to access your account and download the new client. Thanks --
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by razix
    I deleted mobitv, soft-reset, reseted device id on handmark website and then reinstalled everything. made sure I was on EDGE network, ran installer and still doesnt work with EDGE only GPRS. I sent email to mobitv tech support... hopefully will figure this out. thanks for input!
    I solved this problem by going to Handmark's website and clicking "reset device id" I was able to re-download the app and get it working again. I'm on Sprint, btw.
    Earlier today I called Sprint and had Sprint TV added to my service. Did I screw up? Or should I ask, did Sprint screw up giving it to me?

Is it going to work for me, or did I just create a big headache for myself? As noted earlier in this thread, Sprint Vision site is down, and has been for many hours, so I can't check if I have the Sprint TV service.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    MobileGuy - if you have a Verizon Treo, please make sure you re-download the client from Handmark. There was an early authentication issue that is fixed in this new build. Please go to http://my.handmark.com to access your account and download the new client. Thanks --
    I reinstalled mobitv and it still only shows the mobitv demo video. Are there any other settings I can play with?
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    See my post #65 above
    MobiTV has crashed on me two times today. After about 25 minutes or so while watching. The signal wasn't great so it would pause every so often to rebuffer. After about 25 minutes it would reboot. ##377 showed that MobiTV was the culprit.
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    See my post #65 above
    I'm not sure why that would help. My device id is correct and has not changed. I downloaded the latest version of the mobitv program today for the first time and immediately gave it my id and password. I am able to connect to view the promo video, but nothing else.

There is one wrinkle that may relate to my problem... I have a verizonized sprint treo... though every other internet-based program works perfectly (chatter, handmark express, blazer, etc.)
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TripleNickle
    For those using MobiTV on the Treo 650... how is the quality? It is like the "high frame rate" demo? better? worst? Thanks
    The quality (Cingular) is very watchable. Much better than I expected -- and it works with the 5-way rocker. Now I won't mind standing in line at the DMV.
    anyone ask then to turn the keyboard lights off to keep the battery drain to a minimum
    STAR TAC w/TIMPORT ORGANIZER>I300>I330>TREO600>TREO650>TREO700>TREO755P
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by mr2dxtream
    anyone ask then to turn the keyboard lights off to keep the battery drain to a minimum
    I use Keyshades Light from

http://shrug.csl.uiuc.edu/~sachs/palm/

to turn off the keyboard lights.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    using KBLigths Off or ProfileCare to turn off the keyboard lights will help tremendously with battery.

VolumeCare is also nice with this app to increase the back speaker volume.
    Mobitv, great program. It is unusual to have a brand new service that installs easily and works so well. This was asked on another thread but not answered, I believe: will it ever be possible to access your service with the Enfora wifi sled? I would think no, because somehow it is currently running through the carrier services, and if it were out on the public internet, then it would be accessible through any computer without a subscription. The reason I ask is that it would be great to not use data. Now that Cingular is posting usage fairly promptly, it looks like I used less than 5 mb for about 10 minutes or so of MobiTv. That's not bad, but no data usage would be even better.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I wonder if this app would work with a Wifi connection. Of course, I am still trying to get my sled to work with myTreo 650.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    If we have the beta and sign up for MobiTV with Sprint, where do we download the program? Or should we just continue to use the beta?
    I guess nobody had an answer for me, weather signing up for Sprint TV would work for me. I was still not able to get to the Sprint Vision site, so I called Sprint tec. support. They said that I was not able to use Sprint TV on the Treo 650. So she changed my service back to unlimited vision only.

Then I downloaded the Handmark MobiTV, and was up and running in minuets!!! I am impressed, I didn't expect it to work that good. It takes a few seconds to buffer, and then you are watching TV. It is a little delayed from live. I would say a few minuets, **** that fine. It only stopped to buffer once for me, in about 5 minuets of watching. I am sure this will suffer in a low signal area. The picture quality isn't as good as I would like. You can barley make out the tickers at the bottom of the screen........

DAMN!!! My Treo just rebooted! What's that all about? I was watching MSNBC, and it just rebooted. This better not happen very often.
    Blue Skies,
    Wags
    Just installed it. Very easy process with handmark.
    Is it worth it $10 a month for this service? hmmmm. Don't know.
    Not very convinced. Resolution is mediocre ( I guess slow connection) and variety of channels is not that great. Delay of maybe 5 minutes and 30 sec to get it start it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bujin
    If we have the beta and sign up for MobiTV with Sprint, where do we download the program? Or should we just continue to use the beta?
    Download the new client.
    The beta connects to the beta server, the release client connects to the production servers and interacts with the authentication (billing system.) So there are a lot of changes.
    If you sign up through Sprint (which I don't think you can do yet) it should direct you where to download the client after/when you sign up just as Handmark does when you sign up.
    If you sign up through Handmark (I think the only way so far) the PRC URL for the download is:
    http://www.handmark.com/downloads/mo..._installer.prc
    Normally you get this link after you sign up with Handmark. But you can also download it before you sign up and run it in de-activated (demo) mode. When you do sign up it should enable the rest of the channels.

To those asking about a free trial:
    Folks, it's $10/month and if you don't like it you just cancel and won't be re-billed. A free trial would be nice, but it's not like you're comitting anything more than $10 to test drive it. You can also download and install it (URL in this message) and watch the 1 channel with the MobiTV comercial to see how it works.

And for those asking about bluetooth:
    I use bluetooth when I'm at home and work. I have a bluetooth adapter in on my PC and I use SofickPPP to access the internet via bluetooth through my PC (Reverse DUN.) It works just fine.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast