Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 308
  1. #41  
    Hi - I'm not going to be able to answer everybody's questions, but I'll try to hit a few of them.

    Billing is all handled through Handmark (and shortly through Sprint's vending machine as well). Cancellation is easy; you can tap a link inside the app to jump straight to account management, or you can go to http://mobitv.handmark.com on the Treo yourself. On desktop browsers, use http://my.handmark.com to manage your subscription. Billing is handled monthly, and there's no contract; you pay for one month at a time, and one side effect of our client authentication system is that there are no partial refunds. If you buy the app on 9/7, it's yours until 10/7 no matter what (the client remains valid until then), but you can cancel your subscription any time during that month if you want and you've only paid $10. So there is a minimum buy-in if you will, but no commitment. I hope that answers your question.

    MobiTV currently doesn't support T-Mobile, but this will be changing soon.

    For all those concerned about quality etc. I can say that we have a few more tricks up our sleeve to tweak our encoding infrastructure to improve a/v quality, and there are a number of improvements planned for the Treo even over the next months, before EV-DO. And if you haven't seen it yet, it's really pretty sweet as is!

    Quality is also extremely dependent on network conditions; try watching during non-peak hours, and see how it looks in different locations and on different channels. I'm not sure what one poster meant when he said he had "authentication" errors, we only authenticate once a month and it sounds like you're just experiencing some slowness and rebuffering. For anyone who sees issues with video not playing properly, please feel free to report them to our technical support staff, such things are not normal and can be fixed usually very quickly by our operations team.

    As for who to talk to at the various content providers you'd like to see Mobi-lized, I just visited a handful of big networks and they all have some sort of comment form (Fox has "Ask Fox", CBS has a feedback form, etc.). I would start there.

    Thanks and please do continue to share your opinions about the service and what you'd like to see, I'll respond whenever I can.
    Last edited by mobitv; 09/09/2005 at 02:27 AM.
  2. #42  
    I'm pretty pleased with it. Could use some more channels.
  3. #43  
    Mobivt, Did the beta expire? if not when will it expire?
  4. #44  
    Just make sure you come back and let us know when it's available from Sprint directly.
    Thanks!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  5. #45  
    As far as the quality, it does depend on the channel you are watching. Some are better than others. I would say the the quality is similar to a cdrom video on a computer five years ago. Frame rate might be similar to 15-20 fps. I'm not really an expert in this, but just my estimate. Overall, I would say it is pretty easy to watch most channels and I am very happy with it. Heck, for $10 you can watch it for a whole month and see what you think.
  6. #46  
    I just purchased it to try it out and I am having a problem with it.

    I have the older sim card in my cingular treo 650 and it allows me in the network selection to switch between EDGE (was at&t) and GPRS (original cingular) networks. When I am on the slower gprs network mobitv works fine.. but slow. when I am on the EDGE network, mobitv only has the 1 demo channel.

    any ideas?
  7. jlczl's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    #47  
    One of the first few posts in this thread identified that situation. Even if you paid your $10, if you switch sim cards you won't be able to view mobitv until you "re-register" your device at mobitv's website. It seems to be their method of making sure your only using it on one device. Anyway, it probably sees your dual sim as 2 different sim cards, and since it registered while you used gprs it now believes you are not registered if you are using EDGE. Go to the about page and it'll direct you to their web page to "re-register" your device. Make sure you are using EDGE when you do this. BTW, that means you won't be able to be switching to and fro (gprs/EDGE) without doing this every time.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

    Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  8. #48  
    still no one has said whether there is a trial before you pay the 10 dollars?? or a link for it?
  9. #49  
    I just downloaded and installed MobiTV on my 650 (I am not a power
    user).

    Q1 - Is there a way to enable it to use Bluetooth?

    Q2 - When exiting it does exit MobiTV but then I have to go to
    Blazer to disconnect. Is there a 1 step process?
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dancer
    I just downloaded and installed MobiTV on my 650 (I am not a power
    user).

    Q1 - Is there a way to enable it to use Bluetooth?

    Q2 - When exiting it does exit MobiTV but then I have to go to
    Blazer to disconnect. Is there a 1 step process?

    1. Yes, depending on what you mean, check here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...bitv+bluetooth

    2. There's no 1 step process, but is there any particular reason why you want to disconnect your data connection?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  11. #51  
    I deleted mobitv, soft-reset, reseted device id on handmark website and then reinstalled everything. made sure I was on EDGE network, ran installer and still doesnt work with EDGE only GPRS. I sent email to mobitv tech support... hopefully will figure this out. thanks for input!


    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    One of the first few posts in this thread identified that situation. Even if you paid your $10, if you switch sim cards you won't be able to view mobitv until you "re-register" your device at mobitv's website. It seems to be their method of making sure your only using it on one device. Anyway, it probably sees your dual sim as 2 different sim cards, and since it registered while you used gprs it now believes you are not registered if you are using EDGE. Go to the about page and it'll direct you to their web page to "re-register" your device. Make sure you are using EDGE when you do this. BTW, that means you won't be able to be switching to and fro (gprs/EDGE) without doing this every time.
  12. #52  
    still no one has said whether there is a trial before you pay the 10 dollars?? or a link for it?
    You can see the demo, but that caused me some problems when I purchased it and tried to enter my info. The demo is really nothing anyhow. There is no trial.
  13. #53  
    The Sprint WAP site is down. Here's hoping MobiTV will be in the downloads section!!
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    1. Yes, depending on what you mean, check here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...bitv+bluetooth

    2. There's no 1 step process, but is there any particular reason why you want to disconnect your data connection?

    Hi Scottymomo!

    I think Dancer my be trying to avoid battery turbo drain by making sure a network connection does not remain open and active (in some unknown way) in the backgound. . . .

    Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/09/2005 at 01:39 PM.
  15. #55  
    BrettS,

    I'm new with the treo 650, I 've had it about 3-4 months now. I was told by cingular that you had to purchase the unlimited data plan for the amount of air time occupied by MobiTV. I surf the web on my treo often but not enough to worry about the plan being unlimited.
  16. #56  
    Hi - I just wanted to let you know about an issue we just uncovered with using old SIMs with MobiTV. If you have a SIM that does not report Cingular as its carrier, MobiTV may not authorize properly; as part of adding support for T-Mobile we'll be adding support for as many of these older SIMs as possible. Hopefully this doesn't affect too many people, but if you do have an old SIM and want to use MobiTV, it would be helpful to us if you could post here the exact carrier name that appears in the upper left corner of the Phone screen so we can be sure we recognize it.

    Thanks!
  17. #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Hi Scottymomo!

    I think Dancer my be trying to avoid battery turbo drain by making sure a network connection does not remain open and active in the backgound. . . .

    Cheers, Perry.
    Do folks really get a significant power drain if the data connection is on but idle? Doesn't seem to affect my battery drain all too much on my Cingular Blue phone. And it eventually disconnects itself anyway after a period of time if not used.

    In any event, there isn't a one step process to disconnect from Mobi (perhaps they could add it). You can either do it from Blazer or from Prefs-> Network or a 3rd party app that does it.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  18. #58  
    I just installed in on a Verizon 650 and all I can watch is the promo video. It won't allow me to start the other channels... any suggestions on what I'm doing incorrectly? Thanks.
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
  19. #59  
    There are several reasons that we don't by default disconnect from the network on exit:

    -It's slooooow. Takes as much as 4-5 seconds on my Treo on exiting the app, which can hold you up from doing more important stuff.
    -it forces a full reconnect when doing any background network actions (like auto-checking e-mail, which I do frequently)
    -The Treo does go into network dormant mode after about a minute or so (when the green arrows become gray), which is pretty low power

    That said, this is only why we made this the default mode. For people with sickly batteries I can imagine it might be a problem. We should and hopefully will add a preference in the future that will let you choose. Sorry to everyone for whom it's an inconvenience!
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    There are several reasons that we don't by default disconnect from the network on exit:

    -It's slooooow. Takes as much as 4-5 seconds on my Treo on exiting the app, which can hold you up from doing more important stuff.
    -it forces a full reconnect when doing any background network actions (like auto-checking e-mail, which I do frequently)
    -The Treo does go into network dormant mode after about a minute or so (when the green arrows become gray), which is pretty low power

    That said, this is only why we made this the default mode. For people with sickly batteries I can imagine it might be a problem. We should and hopefully will add a preference in the future that will let you choose. Sorry to everyone for whom it's an inconvenience!
    It's killing me. When will it be available direct from Sprint? For God's sake man!!! WHEEEEN!!!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions