Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    I tried it but didn't think it would work on Verizon. Now I got an email back from Mobitv saying it was compatible with Verizon but there was some technical difficulties today. So, does anyone here use it with Verizon?
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Sprint has "Sprint TV" which is a "MobiTV powered" service available on select sprint multimedia phones.

They do not seem to include the Treo650 as a multimedia phone just yet.

I've emailed mobitv to see what's up with being able to get it via sprint like they promised. We'll see what they have to say.
    Hello again from MobiTV -- well, kudos to TreoCentral for breaking the story that we'd gone live. I was making a point not even to tell my friends until we'd had a day or so to make sure all the kinks were worked out

I'll try to keep this quick but there are a number of things I wanted to say:

-First of all, MobiTV IS available on US Verizon Treos. We had a mixup with our authentication system which is corrected now. If you're a Verizon user who bought MobiTV from Handmark and saw only the promo channel, please return to Handmark, visit the My Account page and redownload the client (it would be smart to clear your cache first as well). Delete your old MobiTV, install this new one and you should be good to go.

-Second, MobiTV is not yet available for T-Mobile US Treos, but I am working on it now and we will be supporting T-Mobile ASAP. The issue is content control, but we are close to a solution and will let you know when a new client is available. We haven't forgotten about you!

-We will be selling MobiTV in conjunction with Sprint as well as through Handmark. I can't give a specific ETA but "soon" is accurate. For those of you desperate to put the app on your phone bill, help is in sight!

-The beta will be ending in the next few days. You will receive an e-mail confirming this and thanking you all for your support during the beta period. It really was invaluable and we appreciate all the feedback we received.

-Please visit http://www.mobitv.com/support/treo.html if you have any problems. We have listed a number of known 3rd party application conflicts, most of which were identified with your help, so thanks again for that. We are also working right now to eliminate a handful of problems in the vending process, please do send us e-mail if you pay for MobiTV but can't use it.

-The production version does add a number of new features:

Better handling of SMS, voicemail, and incoming call alerts (yes, you can receive phone calls on GSM Treos while watching TV, although it's not a sure thing and it's not up to us)

Numerous small bugs fixed (again, many things you identified)

New format for channel guide

New channels coming soon! Watch for the Emmys channel (MobiTV won an Emmy for technical achievement this year), MAXX Sports, and NFL Highlights (NFL is on Sprint Treos only) in the next week or so, with many more on the way. As I've responded to everyone who's asked for specific channels (or just more of them), we are working on acquiring new content all the time, and the best thing you can do to speed the process along is make some noise! We know you want CNN and Fox News and NBC/ABC/CBS on MobiTV, but you probably need to tell them yourselves.

Again, thank you for all your interest and support. Cheers --
    Any word on price reduction? :-)
    NFL highlights only on Sprint! Cingular gets screwed again

In all seriousness good luck MobiTV.

I'm going to purchase the new version tonight.
    Oh yeah. It works on Verizon now. AWESOME!!!
    I was on the verge of giving in and adding ANOTHER charge to the ole Visa™ but "on the bill" will be MUCH better! Won't get yelled at by the wife nearly as much! She might not even notice for a few months!
    As far as new channels, listen, all those sound great, and I agree we ALL need to make some noise, but c'mon! We're Treo owners! The only channel you really need to be adding is SciFi™!!!!
    "The Man with the Screaming Brain" ON MY TREO!!!! That would be phenominal!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    -Please visit http://www.mobitv.com/support/treo.html if you have any problems. We have listed a number of known 3rd party application conflicts, most of which were identified with your help, so thanks again for that. We are also working right now to eliminate a handful of problems in the vending process, please do send us e-mail if you pay for MobiTV but can't use it.
    Please include details on installing the application on SD cards (without 3rd party launchers). Treo users are always short of RAM, as you lnow.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I just downloaded Mobitv directly to the card in the Treo(cingular). Works like a charm.

John
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkav
    I just downloaded Mobitv directly to the card in the Treo(cingular). Works like a charm.
    Did you have to run it to install it?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I just downloaded software. It showed up on the card as a PRC file. I hit the install icon on card and software was installed. The icon for mobitv then showed up on "all" under the application menu. Now I can assign mobitv to a favorites button.

John
  12.    #32  
    The file you downloaded was the installer. it installed MobiTV in your Treo's RAM. Look at Menu Info in Applications. You'll find MobiTv and it's files in RAM.

Alternatively, eject the card. You'll still be able to run MobiTV (I'm shortening it to mTV form now on..).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I stand corrected!

John
    Not sure it is worth $10 . If it goes onto sprint then I can get the discount then maybe.
    Is there any difference in the handmark version and the Trial version . Mine still works so I will enjoy it until it goes off.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Question for MobiTV guy ... if we sign up for the $10 per month plan and don't like it, how do we cancel? Is it a month-to-month committment or a minimum contract period? The app is very cool and I'm sure it will be well worth it, but have to ask since I see these details nowhere on your site. (might have missed it, tho)
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    downloads content which lasts about 10 seconds, then authentication fails..... you lose connection, which breaks up the news or sports message and you hope it picks up where it left off in a fashion which flows smoothly.

its very cool. a heck of an achievement for phones which operate on our current data services, which aren't evdo yet, but somewhat choppy to watch. $9.99 is quite expensive for a such a choppy connection.

despite this, I still think its one cool application! no doubt about it. I just hope we get more channels, improved connections and longer broadcast clips between failed authentications...
    I gotta have more cowbell
    I have T mobile. Can I download and mess with mobi TV now?
    For those using MobiTV on the Treo 650... how is the quality? It is like the "high frame rate" demo? better? worst? Thanks
    I like this app. Works fine on my Sprint Treo. Some channels seem more choppy than others. ESPN seems to be one of the worst. Maybe it's just my signal but I notice more pauses on ESPN than any of the other channels. Right now when it pauses it jumps to a new segment. I think they are having technical difficulties. Maybe it's not the signal at all. I'll give it some time.

Calls go right to voicemail when I am watching. I tested and I get a notification of the new voicemail right away. I have no problems with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    We know you want CNN and Fox News and NBC/ABC/CBS on MobiTV, but you probably need to tell them yourselves.
    any information on how best to direct our requests to them?
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast