Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516 LastLast
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broxman
    I use MobiTV on Cingular and the upgrade that was made available on 9/21 provides much smoother video for me. The previous version would temporarily stop and say it was buffering data and even when playing the video it was pretty pixelated. The new version doesn't seem to stop to buffer the video stream at all and the pixelation is much less.
    Are you paying through Cingular? My Meidanet account with them did not have that option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Unless they have changed this, it should be part of your Vision plan. When I signed up, depending on the Vision package, you would get either a $5 or $10 monthly download credit.
    I just called Sprint trying to figure out about the $10. The rep has not heard of this!! Is this an automatic deduction? or do we have to do something or call someone to get this discount. Can you elaborate please. Thanks

I currently have my version from MobiTV directly and not from Sprint. But since I just paid my dues, I'll wait until the end of the month before I get my Sprint version.
    Beauty of the sprint version is if you had the old vision plan, you get $5 or $10 of credit towards vision apps every month!
    Quote Originally Posted by safisam
    I just called Sprint trying to figure out about the $10. The rep has not heard of this!! Is this an automatic deduction? or do we have to do something or call someone to get this discount. Can you elaborate please. Thanks

I currently have my version from MobiTV directly and not from Sprint. But since I just paid my dues, I'll wait until the end of the month before I get my Sprint version.
    How long have have you been with Sprint? It's possible with the new plans, they no longer offer the monthly credits. If you're eligible, you'd see the deduction on your bill.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Perhaps I missed it, but why do I not get all the channels on my Cingular subscription? In particualr CNN, Fox News, Cartoon Network and G4?

Are they 'blacked out' to certain carriers?

Steve
    [QUOTE=safisam]I just called Sprint trying to figure out about the $10. The rep has not heard of this!! Is this an automatic deduction? or do we have to do something or call someone to get this discount. Can you elaborate please. ThanksQUOTE]

The Sprint rep I spoke with said you need to go the website to apply your monthly $5 credit, and you need to do it each month.
    So does MobiTV support FOX News yet? I have a VZW Treo 650
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    [QUOTE=jaharr]
    Quote Originally Posted by safisam
    I just called Sprint trying to figure out about the $10. The rep has not heard of this!! Is this an automatic deduction? or do we have to do something or call someone to get this discount. Can you elaborate please. ThanksQUOTE]

The Sprint rep I spoke with said you need to go the website to apply your monthly $5 credit, and you need to do it each month.
    Once you have logged into your wireless account online, you should be able to change your vision to the access pack, which costs 10 bucks.
    How long have have you been with Sprint? It's possible with the new plans, they no longer offer the monthly credits. If you're eligible, you'd see the deduction on your bill.
    I was told that this was indeed the case: the new plans no longer offer the monthly credits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buldawg
    So does MobiTV support FOX News yet? I have a VZW Treo 650
    It's offered with some providers. When you go to Mobi's site, select the channels and then be sure to select Verizon and that will show you what channels you get. Not on Cingular though.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I saw a press release the other day that MobiTV has signed a deal with Fuse.

Any idea when we are going to see this channel on out Treo 650's?

I am actually thinking about canceling my service its not work $9 a month. I purchased it mainly for the cartoon station for my 3 year old soon, but everytime I turn it on the same movies are playing.

In addition I find other stations hard to watch mainly because there is no TV guide showing me whats airing.
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    Anyone having an issue that the menu list of channels does not line up with the program when selected. I'm on a Cingular connection, but got the program through the Handmark Website (I still cannot find an option in MediaNet to download the program through Cingular).
    What's the status of a discounted annual subscription?

I thought it was available here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=101726

But it turns out that I actually was actually sold a 4-month subscription rather than the 1-year subscription as the page and email originally stated. So will a discounted subscription be available? The 4-month actually costs more than paying month to month (maybe CD/shipping costs).
    I ordered a Treo 650 for Sprint and should be getting it on Tuesday or Wednesday. I was wondering when you are planning to have the Fox News Channel for Sprint Treo 650 users? I really like this channel and would love to have it in the lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by TazExprez
    I ordered a Treo 650 for Sprint and should be getting it on Tuesday or Wednesday. I was wondering when you are planning to have the Fox News Channel for Sprint Treo 650 users? I really like this channel and would love to have it in the lineup.

I see you found the link I sent you....How do you like the site...awesome isn't it.
    vikingjunior, yes this is a pretty excellent site! Thanks a lot for showing me.
    I think I'll set a record for unsubscribing to MobiTV. Have had it all of about fifteen minutes and can't believe this app. went to market like this. I have a 650 on vzw and put it this way, I registered for this forum for the sole purpose of warning others.

Video is really, really blown out and choppy and easily about ten frames behind audio, so nothing is in synch. You get about fifteen seconds of this performance before MobiTV needs to recieve more signal, leaving you hanging on the last word of teh newscaster or whatever you're watching. Audio is exrtemely digital (imagine your worst 650 speakerphone call in a remote area, and mulitply by about four times the high end and decay.)

Frankly, I think the price point is fine. If you could really watch TV on your treo 650 for 10 bucks a month...totally fair price. It's just that the service is nowhere near ready for rolling out. Honestly, I'm a pretty easy going guy and pretty "wowed" without being an audio/video snob -- for instance still amazed that the treo 650 has a littel video camera in it, and I've had this thing since July 2005. Always showing that to friends!

Bottom line on MobiTV: you know the videos you can shoot with the treo650 camera? The sound and picture on those is honestly seven or eight times better that what you'll get with MobiTV. And that's with a 1 gig card up top on my 650, and I'm getting pretty fast service in the big city. Can't imagine what it's like where data is slower.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Well, I donít totally agree with you...my experience has been very good and I think each person viewing experience really depends on your wireless coverage area and traffic. I found launching MobiTV at different times of the day and locations I had different results. I did my research before buying and I knew that it was not going to be the same quality as on my TV set. So far, I am a happy with my purchase. I do look forward to more programming and events. Now, if you want a TV like experience check out Sprint TV (power by mobitv) on those EVDO phones it is amazing. I can't wait to get an EVDO/EDGE TREO with MobiTV
    Quote Originally Posted by kell
    Video is really, really blown out and choppy and easily about ten frames behind audio, so nothing is in synch. You get about fifteen seconds of this performance before MobiTV needs to recieve more signal, leaving you hanging on the last word of teh newscaster or whatever you're watching. Audio is exrtemely digital (imagine your worst 650 speakerphone call in a remote area, and mulitply by about four times the high end and decay.)
    Video quality varies quite a bit. I have a Treo650 on SprintPCS and live in Upstate New York near two large Universities. In the mornings and during the day the video quality is VERY good. However in the late afternoon and evening the quality is unbearable. At the local SprintPCS store they said that the voice and data network in the area come under heave load in the later afternoon and early evenings during the semester when students are out of classes.
    so...fired up mobiTV in downtown nyc today and it was awesome. I hate to admit this, but in my frustration yesterday, I think I failed to, umm....(oh god) notice that I was surrounded by skyscrapers on wall street and...(ahem) my phone wasn't getting a signal.

was pretty damn cool when I launched the ap and saw it work....really kind of impresed me, actually.

funny how...(insert foot in mouth) ....not being on a narrow street between two forty story buildings helps reception.