Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
    I read all this talk about G4Tv and other strange channels, but have we geeks missed one of the most important ones? How about the SciFi channel. That would make it worth keeping MobiTv, but as on now i'm just gonna keep it till the end of hurricane season...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I use MobiTV on Cingular and the upgrade that was made available on 9/21 provides much smoother video for me. The previous version would temporarily stop and say it was buffering data and even when playing the video it was pretty pixelated. The new version doesn't seem to stop to buffer the video stream at all and the pixelation is much less.
    MoviTV, any word on new channels? PPV channels?
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Hi there - this thread had died a quiet death, which is all good, but I wanted to resurrect it to mention a couple of things:

-Some of you may have experienced some issues renewing your service after your first month; MobiTV may have incorrectly told you that your account was expired. If this happens, a soft reset followed by restarting MobiTV should fix the issue. We´re `preparing an upgrade to fix the issue permanently as we speak.

-You may have noticed that Palm released the TX today. What you may not have noticed is MobiTV´s press release stating that we plan to offer MobiTV for it. Check out PRNewsWire and search for MobiTV if you want to read the release. Availability is not certain yet, but think relatively soon.

-I have noticed other threads about not loving the price point for MobiTV given the selection of content available (and to a lesser extent the quality available). We do hear you, thanks for your comments.

Cheers --
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    Hi there - this thread had died a quiet death, which is all good, but I wanted to resurrect it to mention a couple of things:

-Some of you may have experienced some issues renewing your service after your first month; MobiTV may have incorrectly told you that your account was expired. If this happens, a soft reset followed by restarting MobiTV should fix the issue. We´re `preparing an upgrade to fix the issue permanently as we speak.

-You may have noticed that Palm released the TX today. What you may not have noticed is MobiTV´s press release stating that we plan to offer MobiTV for it. Check out PRNewsWire and search for MobiTV if you want to read the release. Availability is not certain yet, but think relatively soon.

-I have noticed other threads about not loving the price point for MobiTV given the selection of content available (and to a lesser extent the quality available). We do hear you, thanks for your comments.

Cheers --

Here's another suggestion that may help your company out and users would love to have.

Why not also market mobitv as a standalone application that allows treo users, palm users, etc to stream their on video content. Your company has already demonstrated that video streaming is possible and done pretty well. It would be great if you gave users the ability to stream their tivo, dvr, pc, video onto their handhelds using mobitv as an video application.

That is something I wouldn't mine paying $10 a month for or just a flat yearly fee to do. Or standalone price for the software kind of like how slingbox charges.

It's a million dollar idea if you ask me and a no brainer.

I was a beta tester and definitely loved the application. But the price point was definitely awful considering the content. I tivotogo my shows to my pc and use the new pocketdvd software to transfer my to tivo shows to my treo and I watch several shows while commuting to work. And the quality is near dvd. But I would love to skip having to do this process and wouldn't mind sacrificing the video quality to stream my shows to my treo while on the go.

Just something for you to consider. And it may be another good source of revenue for your company.

Feel free to offer the service to me for free if you use my idea as a way to thank me. lol

Thanks for the idea, but I hope you won´t be shocked that we thought of it as well . The ´why not´ in this case is basically that MobiTV requires a lot of backend infrastructure to ingest content, encode it to formats specific to all the phones we support, and deliver it. Offering these services to user-provided content would require capacity way beyond anything we have now. But MobiTV may very well be a two-way service at some point, it´s just not what we do right now. I appreciate the thoughts, and to everyone who´s weighed in, I appreciate the desire to see us succeed, even if you don´t think the product is perfect yet or wish it had X or Y feature. We´re blazing trails here, right?

I also wanted to briefly update people on several other fronts:

-We expect to offer MobiTV for Treo via the Sprint vending machine VERY soon - a matter of days. Hang in there!

-We continue to tweak and tune the quality of our feeds using usage data we´ve gathered from the first month; we know much better now how much data your Treos are capable of handling and will adjust our feeds accordingly. I'll let you know when we finish this up so you can compare before and after. We just moved our offices so that's been in the way as well. Thanks for your patience!

-We are working on an annual pricing plan, as promised. This may go a little ways towards improving the value proposition. We also realize that you might pay a lesser amount for fewer channels (a news package, for instance, or a sports package), and we're thinking that over as well. Please do understand that we are governed by a multitude of content agreements and are moving to expand them as best we can. It may sound self-serving, but the best thing you can do is to be positive about the product and its possibilities, and support us while demanding the product and content that YOU want. I will do my best to highlight new developments as they arise and you can always feel free to reweigh the product as the landscape changes.

Thanks again for all your support and interest, and really, do keep an eye out. The WiFi product on the TX and Lifedrive looks fantastic, and future Treos will continue to raise the bar. Video services are just now starting to arrive, but there´s a lot of evolution left to go...
    Last edited by mobitv; 10/14/2005 at 09:49 AM.
    you said within days for the sprint vending... several days ago.. hehehehe Where is it? where where where I ask? *eagerly waiting*
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!! SPRINT VENDING NOW HAS MOBI-TV... WOOOHOOOOO
    Quote Originally Posted by myminnimee
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!! SPRINT VENDING NOW HAS MOBI-TV... WOOOHOOOOO
    Please post the link.
    Zane
    Signed up and downloaded a few minutes ago...Way to go Mobi TV and Sprint!!!!

For a download just go to the Sprint website, Login and go to the content catalog. It's right there under applications and is in the entertainment category.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman

For a download just go to the Sprint website, Login and go to the content catalog. It's right there under applications and is in the entertainment category.
    Well, if my phone bill was only what, $7/mo like yours, I'd be more inclined to sign up.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman

Went there and don't see it. Did they take it back down or move its category? The items avail are as follows:

All Entertainment

Name
    Pocket Tunes Deluxe
    MobiSystems(R) Paint
    Ringo
    Little Palm Pet
    SplashPhoto
    Personality Psychology Pro
    1-6 of 6

If you still see it as an option, whats the cost?
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Well, if my phone bill was only what, $7/mo like yours, I'd be more inclined to sign up.
    I also get free downloads so it isn't costing me anything

and it's $30 a month not $7. heehee

Mobitv is there as the first choice in entertainment. You can get there by going through the WAP site and downloading OTA. That's how I did it.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I don't see it there either.
    I cant download it straight to the phone. ANyone know how to download the PRC from the sprint site???
    I don't see it either, anyone?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Strange!! It shows up for me. My billing cycle just started today, I don't know if that has any bearing or not. It may show up when your billing cycle ends, or you could call *2 and see why it's not showing up.

Good luck.

The link you posted didn't work for me.
    Sorry about that bad link, but its there if you do a search in the app section will come up.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    It shows up on mine.

On the main Welcome page, click Content Catalog under PCS Vision Services.
    Then click the "Browse Applications Content" link.
    From there, on my page it is under the "All Applications" catagory, about five down.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Rhino, that's probably your specific My PCS page, so the link won't work. Be glad, or else everyone would be downloading stuff, and you'd have a $1000 phone bill.