Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516 LastLast
    yeah but what does the upgrade change?
    FYI: here's the reply I just received from Sprint about putting MobiTv on their vending section. UGH, they can't get it on there fast enough for me.

Dear Gary,

Thank you for contacting Sprint together with Nextel abot Mobi-TV,

Currently, we are not offering Mobi-TV with Treo 650 Handset.

We keep on launching new things depending on suggestions from our
    Marketing departments and from our valued customers like you. Be
    assured that whenever we offer Mobi-TV for Treo 650, you will be
    notified by a high promotional campaign.

Have a nice day!

Vinny
    Business E-Care
    Sprint together with Nextel
    "Where our customers come first!"
    Hmm... I can't figure out how to make it so it will cancel after the first month.
    Thanks to all of you who responded to my question with regards to whether or not MobiTV works on the TMobile network. It does work! The channels stream perfectly fine...no lags that I can tell. I just wish that Tmobile would add G4TV to the channel lineup and I'll be a happy geeky camper .
    "Once a new technology rolls over you, if you're not part of the steamroller, you're part of the road." - Stewart Brand
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    MobiTV posted the changes earlier in this thread. The thing I noticed was the version I previously had seemed to stream in a very choppy manner. The upgrade gives me very consistent behavior with little to no buffering. I give it a !
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo
    Here's the post.

Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    Hello there - so, as promised, I disappeared for a little while, but I wanted to update you all on a few things:

-As people have now noticed, MobiTV now supports ALL US carriers, or at least it should! All GSM carriers are supported for certain (this includes T-Mobile, older Cingular SIMs, and your local mom-and-pop carrier if you so desire), and we should support Sprint, EarthLink, and Verizon (Verizonized Sprint Treos as well) on the CDMA side. Please let us know immediately at support@mobitv.com if you have service with a US carrier and are unable to watch TV. Thanks.

-We just today pushed a new version of the client to the Handmark vending machine. This client is versioned 1.0.2h, I encourage you to upgrade at your earliest convenience. This fixes the following issues (and a couple more):

-Support for EarthLink Treos (as reported above)
    -When the mute switch is on and a headset is not connected, volume control now displays a big red X. Amazing how many people forget how that switch turns off all your sound...
    -Fixed a case where starting MobiTV with the phone off would cause your authorization to fail and your channel lineup to be restricted.
    -Fixed a problem in the authentication library where expiration dates beyond the current calendar year were incorrectly seen as being invalid (hence when December hits, you'll need this upgrade whether you want it or not).
    -Added automatic upgrade notification (hopefully this manual notification is the last one we have to do!)

Please upgrade your clients and let us know if you have any trouble.

-Channel lineup: We will be removing the Emmys channel (it was just a seasonal thing) and have a number of interesting channels poised to launch in the next several months. Hope you like them!

Please do feel free to report errors, suggestions and feedback to support@mobitv.com. Cheers --

EDIT: Forgot to add the link to the new PRC -- it's http://www.handmark.com/downloads/mo..._installer.prc
    Hmm... I can't figure out how to make it so it will cancel after the first month.
    Just log in to your account as http://my.handmark.com/ , select 'cancel' on you mobitv subscription. It'll cancel automatic re-billing. So you subsription will last to the end of your billing month then stop rebilling at which point you subscription will end.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Just log in to your account as http://my.handmark.com/ , select 'cancel' on you mobitv subscription. It'll cancel automatic re-billing. So you subsription will last to the end of your billing month then stop rebilling at which point you subscription will end.
    cool thanks!
    If you have a failed install like I had (before I deleted MobiTV), the info and delete menus will also show a file for MobiTV installer, as well as MobiTV. You can delete them both. The first time you launch MobiTV after downloading and hotsyncing the new version, the installer launches. After a successful install, the installer will no longer appear among the files listed under Info.
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    what files need to be deleted?

And MobiTV, can I just say, I am absolutely ECSTATIC with the service....awesome capability and perfectly designed application! I am very impressed! Any chance a premium music channel (preferably FUSE) might be added?
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    MobiTv Beta finally ended for me last night
    Now I have to wait untill Sprint decides to add it on.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Hi - just wanted to confirm, as some of you have noticed, that we did turn off the beta last night. Thanks again for everyone who participated, your feedback was fantastic and I know a lot of you have been more proactive at advertising MobiTV than we have . That will change, though, we've got a lot going on at CTIA this week and the marketing machine has yet to show its muscle...

For those of you who were using the beta in geographies which are not currently supported, I apologize that we don't have a service to offer you right now; I can tell you that we've had discussions with carriers in Canada and the UK about Treo support already, and I'm sure there are more to come. For those who are waiting for Sprint billing, I still have no hard date to give you, but our contacts there are equally unhappy that we haven't gotten it launched yet. You can always try the version vended from Handmark for a month, and then switch over to Sprint billing as soon as it's ready.

Cheers --
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    Hi - just wanted to confirm, as some of you have noticed, that we did turn off the beta last night. Thanks again for everyone who participated, your feedback was fantastic and I know a lot of you have been more proactive at advertising MobiTV than we have . That will change, though, we've got a lot going on at CTIA this week and the marketing machine has yet to show its muscle...

For those of you who were using the beta in geographies which are not currently supported, I apologize that we don't have a service to offer you right now; I can tell you that we've had discussions with carriers in Canada and the UK about Treo support already, and I'm sure there are more to come. For those who are waiting for Sprint billing, I still have no hard date to give you, but our contacts there are equally unhappy that we haven't gotten it launched yet. You can always try the version vended from Handmark for a month, and then switch over to Sprint billing as soon as it's ready.

Cheers --

MobiTv, any word yet on possible yearly rates?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    didn't notice any difference or changes between the previous version vs the new upgrade. great app though.
    Does the latest version support proxy server settings?
    How about giving the Beta Tester's until Sprint adds it to their billing.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Can Sprint users not purchase it through Handango?
    Quote Originally Posted by PabloTX
    Can Sprint users not purchase it through Handango?
    Yes, Sprint users can purchase through Handango, you just can't have it billed to your Sprint account that way. It's a seperate bill to your credit card. I actually like that better because it's not taxed like it would be if added to Sprint. I also imagine it'll be easier to cancel then if I had to go through Sprint.
    No word yet on yearly rates -- as I innuendoed some time ago, Christmastime might be a good time for that.
    any chance on getting nbatv?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Any idea when it will be available on the Sprint vending site??
    ... ...
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.