Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric
    News channels are outdated. Emmy channel keeps rerun the recorded ...
    I'll cancel my subscription.
    Eek! So, if I wanted to get "NEW" and updated scores on sports I wouldn't be able to??
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric
    News channels are outdated. Emmy channel keeps rerun the recorded ...
    I'll cancel my subscription.
    ABC News and MSNBC are live news channels. How are live news channels outdated?
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    By outdated he obviously means channels on a 90 second delay...

-Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeKnoop
    By outdated he obviously means channels on a 90 second delay...
    Haha, you're kidding me. It wasn't ovbious to me but I get it.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Hello there - so, as promised, I disappeared for a little while, but I wanted to update you all on a few things:

-As people have now noticed, MobiTV now supports ALL US carriers, or at least it should! All GSM carriers are supported for certain (this includes T-Mobile, older Cingular SIMs, and your local mom-and-pop carrier if you so desire), and we should support Sprint, EarthLink, and Verizon (Verizonized Sprint Treos as well) on the CDMA side. Please let us know immediately at support@mobitv.com if you have service with a US carrier and are unable to watch TV. Thanks.

-We just today pushed a new version of the client to the Handmark vending machine. This client is versioned 1.0.2h, I encourage you to upgrade at your earliest convenience. This fixes the following issues (and a couple more):

-Support for EarthLink Treos (as reported above)
    -When the mute switch is on and a headset is not connected, volume control now displays a big red X. Amazing how many people forget how that switch turns off all your sound...
    -Fixed a case where starting MobiTV with the phone off would cause your authorization to fail and your channel lineup to be restricted.
    -Fixed a problem in the authentication library where expiration dates beyond the current calendar year were incorrectly seen as being invalid (hence when December hits, you'll need this upgrade whether you want it or not).
    -Added automatic upgrade notification (hopefully this manual notification is the last one we have to do!)

Please upgrade your clients and let us know if you have any trouble.

-Channel lineup: We will be removing the Emmys channel (it was just a seasonal thing) and have a number of interesting channels poised to launch in the next several months. Hope you like them!

Please do feel free to report errors, suggestions and feedback to support@mobitv.com. Cheers --

EDIT: Forgot to add the link to the new PRC -- it's http://www.handmark.com/downloads/mo..._installer.prc
    Last edited by mobitv; 09/21/2005 at 04:37 PM.
    Mobitv - the link isn't to the new PRC - it is 1.0h, , not 1.02h, and the red-out of the sound if the mute is on is not there. Do you need to delete the old installation before installing?
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    Please upgrade your clients and let us know if you have any trouble.

-Channel lineup: We will be removing the Emmys channel (it was just a seasonal thing) and have a number of interesting channels poised to launch in the next several months. Hope you like them!

Please do feel free to report errors, suggestions and feedback to support@mobitv.com. Cheers --

EDIT: Forgot to add the link to the new PRC -- it's http://www.handmark.com/downloads/mo..._installer.prc
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Depending on when you downloaded it the first time, you may need to clear your browser cache. Let me know if that fixes your issue. Thanks --
    Any idea when it will be available on the Sprint vending site??
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonman
    Any idea when it will be available on the Sprint vending site??
    Right, forgot to mention that. We have been waiting on Sprint to fix their vending machine, and we hope it will be done soon. That's really all I can tell you. As soon as they flip the switch, we're ready to go. Sorry I don't have better news...
    Quote Originally Posted by mobitv
    Depending on when you downloaded it the first time, you may need to clear your browser cache. Let me know if that fixes your issue. Thanks --
    Nope - not it. Cleared my (computer) browser cache (Blazer set to delete cache autoatically), cleared by download manager, deleted old copy, and downloaded to my computer again and hotsynced - still 1.0h. Should I delete the program entirely from my Treo?
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    I just downloaded the the latest installer from Handmark. When I ran the installer on my Treo it said to delete any version I'm currently running. After I did that, the installer ran and indicated I have 1.0.2h. So yes, try completely deleting it from your Treo first.
    I also had no problem getting the new version.
    http://mobitv.handmark.com/ and clicked on the link below "Download Trial"
    http://www.handmark.com/downloads/mo..._installer.prc
    Deleted MobiTV. Then installed and ran the new mobitv installer.
    what files need to be deleted?

And MobiTV, can I just say, I am absolutely ECSTATIC with the service....awesome capability and perfectly designed application! I am very impressed! Any chance a premium music channel (preferably FUSE) might be added?
    Just go to Home>Menu>Delete and delete "MobiTV" (the normal way.) It'll delete MobiTV and all associated files (complete uninstall.)
    Then just run the installer and it'll re-install everything.
    wtf is home?
  16.    #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by OpenIntro
    wtf is home?
    The tiny button with a home/house icon on it. Launches Applications launcher.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I also had no problem getting the new version.
    http://mobitv.handmark.com/ and clicked on the link below "Download Trial"
    http://www.handmark.com/downloads/mo..._installer.prc
    Deleted MobiTV. Then installed and ran the new mobitv installer.
    same here..The upgrade worked great.
    Just signed up for mobiTV so I could watch cartoon network. Well apparently it's not offered on Cingular and I found out a little bit too late.

Oh well ... $10 for one month and I can impress my friends with CSPAN. YAy!

By the way, does anyone else use this? They don't automatically charge $10 a month do they? Because I don't see myself wanting this for more than a month.
    Of course, they would charge automatically until you notify them to stop.

It is what you call set up and forget about it, unfortunately, it goes in favor of the company charging you.
    gyms make a killing with that practice