Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    IF anyone wants to buy me a 4GB card to experiment with, I'll be more than happy to try partitioning it under linux =)

Just don't expect it back. lol....
    Don't worry ssrjazz. You've scared me enough to convince me that I should NOT send you my 4GB SD card to experiment with. And I used to trust you. Why ssrjazz, why?

At any rate, if you have any SD card, of any size, can you please confirm that it is POSSIBLE to partition it under Linux? If so, I'd be interested to know the proceedure. Even though I currently know nothing about Linux, I'm know I could learn. I just know it!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Actually, I -do- have a 128 meg card at home I could futz with. I may try that tonight if I can remember to do so.
    If you forget tonight, does that just mean you need a bigger memory card?

Sorry. I can't always help myself.

It would be great to have confimation though. I've heard from some that it's not possible to partition an SD card. Others that it's possible only under Linux. Even others say it's possible with Windose but only in DOS...
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    I've got good news and bad news....

First the Good News(tm): I was able to partition a 128MB sd card and mount the separate partitions in linux

The Bad News(tm): The Treo650 will only recognize and use the first partition on the SD card.

So, no.. can't partition the 4GB card into 2 - 2GB partitions and use both of them.
    Rats. Well, thank you so much for taking the time to try though. Maybe a solution will present itself at some point in the future.
    I think the solution will be awaiting a bios upgrade or a new version of Treo.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    u think P1 cares enough to actually work on it and release it in a firmware upgrade?? we miniscule minority of self proclaimed tech geeks count for nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz
    I've got good news and bad news....

First the Good News(tm): I was able to partition a 128MB sd card and mount the separate partitions in linux

The Bad News(tm): The Treo650 will only recognize and use the first partition on the SD card.

So, no.. can't partition the 4GB card into 2 - 2GB partitions and use both of them.
    There ought to be a relatively simple way to get a hook to the second partition so that you can toggle between partitions when you do a soft reset.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Has any tried Transcend's high-speed 4GB SD card? Even at ~$250, I'd be willing to get one if I knew that the Treo can read that capacity (many card reads choke beyond 1GB)?
    <Merged> see posts above.
    Quote Originally Posted by viper_
    u think P1 cares enough to actually work on it and release it in a firmware upgrade?? we miniscule minority of self proclaimed tech geeks count for nothing
    It sure seems that way.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I have a Transcend 150X 4Gb SD card with my Treo650. I tried every FAT32 drivers patches I found but failed. So I use Linux to partition it, Both Windows XP and Treo650 can only recognize the first partition, which I formated as FAT16 for Treo. I have to use Linux to store some of my important files before Palm release a working FAT32 driver for Treo650.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123