1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I know that some of you will be angry with this post, but I couldn't find a comparison when I tried a search. I would really appreciate even one word replies (eg. 'Logitech' or 'PalmOne').

Thanks,

Felix
    I just got the Logitech Mobile Freedom and I'm very happy with. Call volumes are very good on my end, I haven't any compliants on the other end and it seems to pickup pretty quickly.

I don't think the fact that it's Bluetooth 1.2 makes any difference though since the Treo is only 1.1.
    I am am wondering also. I have the scala 500 and am very unhappy with the limited range. If the phone is more than 5-6 feet from the headset I get terrible static. I am looking for the range factor.
    Looking for a cell phone or cell accessories, check out http://www.marcusblade.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by geneld
    I just got the Logitech Mobile Freedom and I'm very happy with. Call volumes are very good on my end, I haven't any compliants on the other end and it seems to pickup pretty quickly.
    Does the logitech fit snugly on your ear?
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I have a P1 Treo headset, and find the delay to pick-up a call rather annoying. I had to set it to automatically pick-up after one ring. On a positive side, it is better integrated than other Bt headsets I've tried (Scala and Moto 850).

As for the static issue, I think that's a treo problem. All the headsets I have used with it have suffered from horrible static at medium range distances (> 10ft).
    -------------
    NUKE
    T650 - FW 1.31, SW 1.15G
    I believe the PalmOne Treo headset is also Bluetooth 1.2.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Does the logitech fit snugly on your ear?
    Yes, I'm happy with the way it fits on my ear. I haven't worn it for real extended periods of time to see how it feels after several hours, but one or two 60 minute or so sessions and my ear didn't feel too worse for the wear.
    I purchased the mobile freedom also to replace a Jabra from Palm that a had a dying battery. I realy like the volume and the device in general. It can be a bit uncomfortable for long term wear as the thing really grips your ear.
    Quote Originally Posted by nuke
    As for the static issue, I think that's a treo problem. All the headsets I have used with it have suffered from horrible static at medium range distances (> 10ft).
    The Jabra one i have has terrible static when the phone is in my pocket!

Quote Originally Posted by geneld
    Yes, I'm happy with the way it fits on my ear. I haven't worn it for real extended periods of time to see how it feels after several hours, but one or two 60 minute or so sessions and my ear didn't feel too worse for the wear.
    Good to hear, maybe I'll pick one up. Anyone wanna buy my barely used Jabra BT250v Bluetooth Headset with Vibrating Alert? I love the way it fits, but the static is pretty bad.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    With your BT250v, did you find it doesn't always pick the call up, even when it's paired with the 650? Mine frequently does this on my VZ 650. Very annoying!!!
    of those two I say get the logitech freedom hands-down. good volume, auto-connetct, good fit.
  12.    #12  
    Thanks guys! I'll pick up a Logitech headset this afternoon
    To each's own.

I'm on my 6th BT headset.

Logitech was very uncomfortable and statickie. The Treo set was no better.
    Best fitting was Scala but also poor reception. Using the SonyErcisson 660 which is a bit uncomfortable but so far the best. Also went through Jabra 250V, 800 and the Moto 850. All had poor reception.