Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello all,

I've developed a new application for the 650 for everyone to try. It's called HeadsetControl, and allows you to use your (wired) headset button to control PocketTunes while your Treo sits in your pocket! It makes it very convenient to pause, change songs, adjust volume, etc. You are able to perform multiple actions depending on a button "sequence" that is used. It also has an option of pausing PTunes automatically when the headset is unplugged.

I'm also working on some interesting functions such as "scan" that will play the first x seconds of each song until you tell it to stop. I'm working on Aeroplayer support as well.

You can download it at my site here:
    http://www.jwideas.com

Let me know what you think!
    Awesome! I hope its not too expensive because I may have to buy it.

Is there anyway to increase the volume faster? The increment is barely noticable.

I set the vol+ to "long" but I keep triggering "long long".
    Oh I go to sleep with my Treo. I set pTunes to turn itself off in 60 minutes. Do I have to enable the sleep option. Or pTune will turn it off as well?
  4.    #4  
    Yeah, I understand that problem... I've done the same thing myself with the "short" and "short short" sequences.

Fairly soon, I want to give the option to set your own increment level for the volume actions. I also would like to have "recurring actions" that would keep increasing the volume at short intervals until you stop it with a button press.

I'm still considering what to charge. Currently I'm thinking $6 or $7. Does that sound reasonable?
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Oh I go to sleep with my Treo. I set pTunes to turn itself off in 60 minutes. Do I have to enable the sleep option. Or pTune will turn it off as well?
    HeadsetControl is only active with the headset plugged in. You aren't wearing the headset when you go to sleep, are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by whidden
    HeadsetControl is only active with the headset plugged in. You aren't wearing the headset when you go to sleep, are you?
    That's what I do every night.

I put the treo under the pillow so the tangling of the mono hardset wouldn't be too bad. I usually unplug the headset when I wake up.

That price is fine. As long as I can increase the volume for 25% in a single action. Keep up the good work.
  7.    #7  
    Impressive! I'd probably do all kinds of crazy things with the cord the way I sleep...

Well you might want to think about using the sleep option in HeadsetControl. It saves a little battery power. Of course if you are charging it at night too, then you don't need to worry about it unless maybe you are worried about too much heat.
    Sound good, I will try.
    Interesting...

If I get a call when listen to music. I take the call with the button, and hang up the call with my buton. I can use the remote program like normal.

But if I let the other side hang up the phone, then the program will stop working. I tried it 3 times, and everytime I had to go back to the program to reenable it.
  10.    #10  
    Interesting...

If I get a call when listen to music. I take the call with the button, and hang up the call with my buton. I can use the remote program like normal.

But if I let the other side hang up the phone, then the program will stop working. I tried it 3 times, and everytime I had to go back to the program to reenable it.
    hmmm. thanks for the info. I'll look into it.
  11.    #11  
    Ok. I believe I've fixed it. It should re-enable itself after a phone call where the other party hangs up.

0.92 available at my website:
    http://www.jwideas.com
  12.    #12  
    Anyone else had a chance to try it out?
    Hi whidden. 0.92 seem to have fixed the problem. Thanks

There is another bug. Here is my setup
    1 short -> pTunes play/pause
    2 long ->vol+
    3 short short -> next

Both 1 and 3 will turn on the backlight and it wont turn off by itself (Treo 650). You might want to check that.
  14.    #14  

2 long ->vol+
    3 short short -> next

Both 1 and 3 will turn on the backlight and it wont turn off by itself (Treo 650). You might want to check that.
    hmmm, I've not seen this myself... do you use any programs that manage the keyboard lights?

I won't be able to look at this until sunday... I'm out of town until then.

thanks for the feedback!

2 long ->vol+
    3 short short -> next

I have 1 and 3 programmed just as you have. They work just fine with no backlight interaction. Overall, this program seems to be a winner to me. This is just the functionality that I had been wishing for. I tried an application called "Freedom" but it didn't quite fit right.

Whidden,

I'll keep on using the program and let you know of any issues when they arise. Keep up the good work.

Paul
    Your program looks to be exactly what I have been after except for one
    issue. I have tested it out on my Treo 650 and PTunes with a Seidio adapter.
    The function that I most want is to have the headset button activate PTunes
    exactly like the side button on the Treo, except that it also works with the
    Treo switched off. With your program I can get the headset button recognised
    by the Treo when it is switched off, it gives a short beep, but I cannot get
    PTunes to simply startup and continue playing with the current music selection.
    I have managed to get it to load with /Audio as the start directory but I have my music in several folders and use a PlayList to
    select them. The Treo side button simply loads PTunes and continues playing.
    It does not load a new music directory. It would be great if your program
    was able to do the same. Great application otherwise though.
    EDIT:
    Come to think of it allowing any application to be lauched would be great eg: PTunes, a voice dialer, a voice controller, a sound recorder, a talking clock ...
    Last edited by brnz; 09/08/2005 at 08:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I'd love to try this out, but am using Areoplayer. Please let me know when you have a version that will work with it.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    It supports AeroPlayer already.
    Quote Originally Posted by whidden
    hmmm, I've not seen this myself... do you use any programs that manage the keyboard lights?

I won't be able to look at this until sunday... I'm out of town until then.

thanks for the feedback!
    No man. The only thing I have is profiles.

I also have a unlocked GSM 650, updated firmware, using zLauncher.
    Last edited by whatever7; 09/08/2005 at 09:16 PM.
    Nice Program!
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast