Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Whidden,

I haven't tried 1.05b yet, but I found that with 1.00 something from my cassette adapter in my car was signaling headsetcontrol to skip songs. If disabled, I don't have the problem, but while enabled songs will advance to the next track while playing. It works fine while plugged into a headset or portable speakers through my innodock cradle.

I'm going to install 1.05b and see if it still happens, but any ideas?

Using ptunes deluxe and the cassette adapter from my Roady2 XM radio.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I had the same problem. I went back to the radioshack headset volume control that you needed to use for the T600 and that fixed it. It's an impedance thing... do a search if you care. I think your options are:

1) fix the impedance isssue with the volume control or other methods (do a search)

2) turn off headset control when you use the cassette adapter.
    Last edited by santa; 11/03/2005 at 10:33 AM.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I was on the road a lot the last couple of weeks. I love this program! Together with the hybrid headset and areoplayer, I'm one happy camper.

I spent a lot of time in airports. There's one feature I would have LOVED to have.

Time. Being able to push a button combo and have the time told me over the headphones would be great. I know this isn't trivial, but it would be darn cool.

(of course to make a simple request even yuckier, I don't change the time zone on my phone when I travel. I use Bob's Alarm (aka mobileclock)'s alternate time zone to keep track of local time. That's really the time I'd like to hear.)... but I'd be thrilled just to get any time zone's time.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    I just ordered HeadsetControl. I actually downloaded the demo some time ago but between ordering the Treo headphones (and being tortured by the size - too big for my ears) and some travel, I never actually tried the app during the trial period (my fault for installing it too soon). With all the positive notes here I'm confident that it'll work just fine.

I hope I get my code soon. I'm leaving on a trip tomorrow afternoon. Today I just made my "FrankenPhones" by mixing the Treo phones (ordered from NewEgg for cheap) with some Sony MDR71 phones (boy they sound great and are very comfortable). I ordered the 71s online at buy.com and they were cheap but took a long time to arrive. After ordering I discovered that local Radio Shacks carry them but only the white version (I wanted black). Not as cheap as online but instant gratification for those in the market for a pair.

A note on making the frankenphones. The wires are extremely tiny. To my non-eagle eyes it looked like there was only one wire in there when I stripped them (which made no sense of course). After I scrounged around for a magnifying glass, I was able to see that indeed there are two wires, but they are very tiny and you have to take care not to short them because the insulator is actually molded internally into the cable. I'm not particularly good at soldering and I was able to do it with a bit of trial and error. I'm certain anyone else should be able to as well.

--- Mark
    any update on this program functioning with Audible?
    HeadsetControl v1.05b is causing a "SysLibFindError" when I do a soft reset on my T650. I removed it and installed v1.03 and now I don't get the error.

v1.05b also did not work all the time when my screen was turned off. I would have to turn the screen on again just to get the button to un-pause again.

I will stick with v1.03 for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by whidden
    I've got a lot of free time between now and Thursday, so expect to see more updates this week.

Any more updates on this program? We have not heard from you lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEye
    Any more updates on this program? We have not heard from you lately.
    Yes, but 1.03 works fine for me.
    HeadsetControl v1.05b is causing a "SysLibFindError" when I do a soft reset on my T650. I removed it and installed v1.03 and now I don't get the error.

v1.05b also did not work all the time when my screen was turned off. I would have to turn the screen on again just to get the button to un-pause again.

I'm having exactly the same issues with 1.05b. So I've also gone back to 1.03.

I am having the exact same issue. Going to try going back to 1.03. I also have a problem with not being able to unpause if I pause for more than 1 or 2 seconds.
    I just bought HeadsetControl to use with Ptunes. I think that it would be great to also support TCPMP Core Media Player and also MMPlayer. I am thinking about using it to pause a movie while playback with a click on the Seidio button, etc.

What do you think?
    Don't hold your breath. I think the dev for this app has disapeared.
  13.    #173  
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry if I disappeared for a bit. I guess I lost touch with Treocentral in general for a while, and I haven't had much time for development. Unfortunately I am not a full time developer, though one day that may happen. FYI, if any of you want a quicker response from me, please email me at support@jwideas.com. I will try and stay with the discussion here a little better, though.

To address the issue with 1.05b, I have seen the problem where HC does not work with the screen off. It's a very odd problem. From what I can make of it, it seems that the button detection seems to turn off after an application alarm. This is very noticable if you use Chatter. Chatter sets an alarm every 10 seconds to do it's background processing, and I've discovered that 1.05b will recognize button presses for a short time after you turn it off, but only for a maximum of 10 seconds. If you try to use the headset button after that it doesn't work. I've tried a few things to work around this problem, but haven't had any success. I may have to declare this an OS bug, and stick with the way 1.03 works. I'll try to keep this feature in there as an "experimental" option, though.

I do know about the SysLibFindError, and should be able to take care of that easily.

John
    Does this work with the Treo 650's built in RealPlayer?
  15.    #175  
    Not yet. It's on my list, but I haven't been able to get much development time in on this app. Sorry.
    Any news on this?
    Hey whidden, I know it's not my place to tell you what to do with your software, but you don't seem to be updating HeadsetControl anymore. Back in post #62 of this thread, Jeff Gibson of GoTreo Software made an offer to integrate HeadsetControl with VolumeCare. I think that would be a good idea now since he updates VolumeCare alot. Maybe he can continue development of HeadsetControl.
    Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 01/11/2006 at 07:08 AM.
    Looks like whidden took our money and ran.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Hey whidden, I know it's not my place to tell you what to do with your software, but you don't seem to be updating HeadsetControl anymore. Back in post #62 of this thread, Jeff Gibson of GoTreo Software made an offer to integrate HeadsetControl with VolumeCare. I think that would be a good idea now since he updates VolumeCare alot. Maybe he can continue development of HeadsetControl.

I second that, I think Jeff would do a great job with that and he seems to have the time to dedicate to it.
    You still there whidden?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast