Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whidden
    1.0 is available download and purchase!
    http://www.jwideas.com

Sorry for the delay... I had wanted to get this out sooner, but I'm on travel for my other job. However, I did manage to find some time to get it done. I will get back to adding more features in the next week.

Enjoy!

I just bought it! Thanks for all the hard work! How long will I get free updates?
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdraper
    I just bought it! Thanks for all the hard work! How long will I get free updates?
    Lifetime free updates!

I guess I should be more specific on the website.
  3.    #143  
    A Beta release is available for HeadsetControl. Get it here. Added a phone category with the following actions: Dial, redial, voicemail.

Let me know what you think!

I've got a lot of free time between now and Thursday, so expect to see more updates this week.
    A Beta release is available for HeadsetControl. Get it here. Added a phone category with the following actions: Dial, redial, voicemail.

I've got a lot of free time between now and Thursday, so expect to see more updates this week.
    Hi Whidden , the version 1.0 working very well, my concern is about drain my batteries when you use for long time. Maybe you can activate and deactivate with the button at the future?. Thanks is a Great software.

PD: Registered users can update free?
  5.    #145  
    Quote Originally Posted by armevi
    Hi Whidden , the version 1.0 working very well, my concern is about drain my batteries when you use for long time. Maybe you can activate and deactivate with the button at the future?. Thanks is a Great software.

PD: Registered users can update free?
    armevi,
    In the options menu, there is a checkbox "Allow device to sleep" that will allow HeadsetControl to deactivate after the screen is off for x amount of time. This timer does not work while PTunes or Aeroplayer is playing music. HC will only disable when music is not playing. To re-enable HC, all you have to do is turn the screen on and off again. You don't even have to disable the keyguard. One small problem with this is if you have an alarm that turns the screen on, it will re-enable HC.

There are three things I am going to look into:
    1. Provide an additional option below "Allow device to sleep" with "Require manual re-enable of HeadsetControl." This will avoid the alarms problem at the cost of starting up HC to re-enable it.

2. Discover the difference between a manual turn on, and an alarm turn on, and only re-enable HC if it is a manual turn on.

3. I can create a button command to deactivate HC.

What do you think? Will those options be satisfactory to you?

Yes registered users get lifetime free updates.

John
    armevi,
    In the options menu, there is a checkbox "Allow device to sleep" that will allow HeadsetControl to deactivate after the screen is off for x amount of time. This timer does not work while PTunes or Aeroplayer is playing music. HC will only disable when music is not playing. To re-enable HC, all you have to do is turn the screen on and off again. You don't even have to disable the keyguard. One small problem with this is if you have an alarm that turns the screen on, it will re-enable HC.

There are three things I am going to look into:
    1. Provide an additional option below "Allow device to sleep" with "Require manual re-enable of HeadsetControl." This will avoid the alarms problem at the cost of starting up HC to re-enable it.

2. Discover the difference between a manual turn on, and an alarm turn on, and only re-enable HC if it is a manual turn on.

3. I can create a button command to deactivate HC.

What do you think? Will those options be satisfactory to you?

Yes registered users get lifetime free updates.

John
    Thanks Whidden, all of those are fine. I will check the new beta.

Hello Whidden,

Just now I bought it. I compare your product with Magic Button. I bought yours just because it has vol control. This is very helpful. Otherwise I have to remove it from the cover and adjust the vol. Like Magic Button, I think HC should also work even if screen is off. I sould not have to turn it on.

Thanks,

Kirnali
    Headsetcontrol is a Great software. Thanks whidden.
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirnali
    Hello Whidden,

Just now I bought it. I compare your product with Magic Button. I bought yours just because it has vol control. This is very helpful. Otherwise I have to remove it from the cover and adjust the vol. Like Magic Button, I think HC should also work even if screen is off. I sould not have to turn it on.

Thanks,

Kirnali
    Kirnali,
    HC actions should work with the screen off. Is this a problem for you? Or were you just commenting on how you like this ability?
    Any plans to make this work with Audible?
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTreo
    Any plans to make this work with Audible?
    I hadn't thought about this. If audible has a built in ability to send it commands I could easily do this. I will look into it.
    I hadn't thought about this. If audible has a built in ability to send it commands I could easily do this. I will look into it.
    Thanks!

I just need to pause when people start talking to me.

Man you're responsive.
    Kirnali,
    HC actions should work with the screen off. Is this a problem for you? Or were you just commenting on how you like this ability?
    I may not be clear enough. I mean it does not recognizes the headset when you insert it while the screen is off. You have to turn the screen on for it to start working. I will appreciate if you can fix this.

One more request, Could you please use more combination of 'S' instead of 'L'.
    It is easier to press 'S' than 'L'.
    e.g SSS, SSSS etc

Thanks,

Kirnali
    Last edited by kirnali; 10/05/2005 at 06:43 PM.
  14.    #154  
    I may not be clear enough. I mean it does not recognizes the headset when you insert it while the screen is off. You have to turn the screen on for it to start working. I will appreciate if you can fix this.

Thanks,

Kirnali
    Gotcha, its on my todos. I've been on travel the last few days, but I'll see if I can figure out anything this week. One thing I'm sure of is that it is not a straightforward thing to do.
    Gotcha, its on my todos. I've been on travel the last few days, but I'll see if I can figure out anything this week. One thing I'm sure of is that it is not a straightforward thing to do.
    It works in Magic Button. If this of any help to you.

e.g SSS, SSSS etc

Thanks,

Kirnali
  16.    #156  
    It works in Magic Button. If this of any help to you.

e.g SSS, SSSS etc

Thanks,

Kirnali
    Ok, I was just trying magicButton, and it doesn't "really" work with the screen off when you plug in the headset. To me, it seems that if you plug in the headset a few seconds after you turn the screen off, it works. But if you wait for a while longer and plug in the headset, it doesn't work.

I've also been playing with VoiceDial, and it seems to be doing the same thing. In fact, even with the headset plugged in when you turn off the screen, the button will not work after 5 seconds.

Can anyone else confirm this?
    If you disable HeadsetControl and soft reset then VoiceDial works with plugging in the headset with the screen off, even if several minutes have passed.
  18.    #158  
    Check this out!

HeadsetControl beta version 1.05b released. This one is pretty exciting: Treo™ Voice Dialing support, and headset recognition with the Treo fully asleep. This should resolve battery draining problems and recognize when the headset is plugged in when the Treo is off. I’ve seen an occasional problem with getting no headset recognition at random times. If you see this, any insight into this problem would be appreciated (I think this might be a 3rd party app conflict). If you see this problem, just turn the Treo on, and off to fix it. Please send feedback if you see any other problems as well.

get it at http://www.jwideas.com
    1.05b is working great so far detecting the headset insertion with the treo off. Thanks.
    How should the button be wired to a stereo headset? Seems I have my button wired backwards. Any possiblility to have the signals reversed?
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast