Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 200
  1.    #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by brnz
    I installed the new version and ticked the fix option and soft reset.
    What version were you using before this one? 0.96? or a 0.97 test version? No resets after that one time?

    Quote Originally Posted by brnz
    Pause/Play keyboard and screen both work correctly the first iteration but can fail sometime after that. A quick pause after play, when the screen did not light up for the play, seems to trigger it.
    Is this for PTunes or AeroPlayer? If you aren't doing a quick play-pause, does it work ok? The screen shouldn't light up for Play (there are some commands that work without the screen going on).

    Quote Originally Posted by brnz
    Pulling out the heaset while playing pauses but leaves the screen and keyboard on. They go off after the Treo sleep interval has expired.
    Good catch. Should be an easy fix.

    Quote Originally Posted by brnz
    If you Load/Play/Pause while playing, the keyboard can stay on even after the Treo sleep interval has expired. Headset control does not beep to register the button in this case but does perform the action.
    PTunes or AeroPlayer? When you say keyboard, do you mean keyboard and screen?


    Thanks for the feedback.
  2. #122  
    I'll answer your questions in the order you asked them.
    I was using the test2 version of 0.97?
    I manually did the soft reset which I always do after installing a new version.
    I am using PTunes actions for all tests. I use Launch/Play/Pause on Long and Play/Pause on short. The PTunes screen off time is 10 seconds and the Treo 30 seconds.
    If I do slow pause/play it generally does work. But it will fail at some point even so. I just did a test now and it failed immediately. It seems to fail regularly if play (paly/pause) did not light up the screen and then pause (play/pause) is pressed.
    I only have a problem with the keyboard never going off. The screen always goes off either immediately or after the Treo sleep interval.
  3.    #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by brnz
    I'll answer your questions in the order you asked them.
    I was using the test2 version of 0.97?
    I manually did the soft reset which I always do after installing a new version.
    I am using PTunes actions for all tests. I use Launch/Play/Pause on Long and Play/Pause on short. The PTunes screen off time is 10 seconds and the Treo 30 seconds.
    If I do slow pause/play it generally does work. But it will fail at some point even so. I just did a test now and it failed immediately. It seems to fail regularly if play (paly/pause) did not light up the screen and then pause (play/pause) is pressed.
    I only have a problem with the keyboard never going off. The screen always goes off either immediately or after the Treo sleep interval.
    Ahhh, you had me worried. I thought you meant HC caused the reset.

    Can you try HC with PTunes setting "Turn off screen while playing" OFF. Thats what I've been working with, and I wonder if having that on causes problems with my method of turning the screen off.
  4. #124  
    With the 'Turn Off Screen' setting switched off it works perfectly :-)
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by brnz
    With the 'Turn Off Screen' setting switched off it works perfectly :-)
    Sweet!

    I hope you don't mind using that setting. I think I've done about all I can for those who have the Profiles app conflict.

    So the only thing to fix so far is the "Pause when headset unplugged" problem with the screen staying on.
  6. #126  
    I am happy with that solution. I thought you might be too :-)
  7.    #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by brnz
    I am happy with that solution. I thought you might be too :-)
    I'll be sleeping well tonight!
  8. #128  
    whidden,

    Looks to be great software. Do you think you could do the same idea except using the side and volume buttons? I like using my shure e2c's with my treo so I don't have an answer button to act as the remote. However, myTreo is usually in the Palm side pouch which leaves the volume buttons upright and exposed with easy access. It would be nice to have this same funcionality while ptunes is running (kind of expand upon what aeroplayer did with the side button.)

    I'd rather pay you than pay seidio $35 for the adapter with the mic/etc that will probably break in a month.

    Thanks and keep up the great work.
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanc2
    whidden,

    Looks to be great software. Do you think you could do the same idea except using the side and volume buttons? I like using my shure e2c's with my treo so I don't have an answer button to act as the remote. However, myTreo is usually in the Palm side pouch which leaves the volume buttons upright and exposed with easy access. It would be nice to have this same funcionality while ptunes is running (kind of expand upon what aeroplayer did with the side button.)

    I'd rather pay you than pay seidio $35 for the adapter with the mic/etc that will probably break in a month.

    Thanks and keep up the great work.
    ryanc2,
    Part of the problem with using the side and volume buttons is that you have to have the device on to use them. If you were willing to keep the screen on during media player use, it's possible to do this, but it doesn't sound like a great solution.

    I can't blame you for wanting to use those headphones. Myself, I can't stand the earbuds that come on most headsets. So what I did, was take the in-ear earbuds off of one of the Sony types, and spliced it onto the $20 hybrid headset sold at the TC store. Attached is a pic. Perhaps in the future, I might offer a service to do this for people (for those not skilled using a soldering iron).
    Attached Images Attached Images
  10. #130  
    Makes sense. Wishful thinking I guess.

    Thanks anyways.
  11. #131  
    Recently I got my Treo 650 from Cingular. I loaded this software as it is very helpful to control Ptunes via headset. But as soon as I try to open this application my Treo reboots.

    Any idea.

    Thanks,
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirnali
    Recently I got my Treo 650 from Cingular. I loaded this software as it is very helpful to control Ptunes via headset. But as soon as I try to open this application my Treo reboots.

    Any idea.

    Thanks,
    I need a little more information. What version are you using? HC version 0.98 is the latest. If you don't have that, you should get it. Did you ever see any messages at startup stating that it was setting default preferences?
  13. #133  
    whidden

    Version 0.98 works fine, I want to buy, but I don't know how?. I was looking at your website but you do not have this option, am I wrong?. It is a great software, congratulation. No problem at all.
  14. #134  
    I had older version. I will try with 0.98 and let you know.
    Thanks...
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by armevi
    whidden

    Version 0.98 works fine, I want to buy, but I don't know how?. I was looking at your website but you do not have this option, am I wrong?. It is a great software, congratulation. No problem at all.
    Thanks for letting me know that its working well for you. I have been looking for this kind of feedback before I release a 1.0 version. I do not plan to charge people until I have done this. 0.98 does seem to be working well, so I plan to release 1.0 this week (with one minor fix). When I do, I will get the word out, and there will be an obvious way to purchase on my website. Sorry for the delay, but I don't feel it is right to charge people until I have made a proper release.

    John
  16.    #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirnali
    I had older version. I will try with 0.98 and let you know.
    Thanks...
    kirnali,

    Most likely you somehow got a copy of 0.94 which had a known reset bug. I removed that version from my website several days ago. I think 0.98 should work well for you. Let me know.

    John
  17. #137  
    John,

    You were correct. 0.98 is working fine. Could you please tell me the sequence to assign the functions to the button sequence. I got it after few tries. Sometimes I loose the assignment while doing new assignments.

    But overall it's a good product. Will it stop working after ten days?

    Let me know once it is ready to buy.

    Thanks,

    Kirnali
  18. #138  
    John,

    I noticed one problem. I am using Ptunes. If I pause the player for a long time. Then it does not start again. Noting works.

    Thanks,
    Last edited by kirnali; 09/20/2005 at 04:08 PM.
  19.    #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by kirnali
    John,

    You were correct. 0.98 is working fine. Could you please tell me the sequence to assign the functions to the button sequence. I got it after few tries. Sometimes I loose the assignment while doing new assignments.

    But overall it's a good product. Will it stop working after ten days?

    Let me know once it is ready to buy.

    Thanks,

    Kirnali
    Read the help instructions by going to menu->help. I'm not sure how you are loosing the assignment, can you describe in more detail what you are doing?

    Yes, it stops working after 10 days.

    Quote Originally Posted by kirnali
    John,

    I noticed one problem. I am using Ptunes. If I pause the player for a long time. Then it does not start again. Noting works.

    Thanks,
    Go to my website (http://www.jwideas.com/) and read the FAQ. I just put up the anwsers to your problem. If that information does not help, let me know. Post here or email support@jwideas.com.
    Last edited by whidden; 09/20/2005 at 06:07 PM.
  20.    #140  
    1.0 is available download and purchase!
    http://www.jwideas.com

    Sorry for the delay... I had wanted to get this out sooner, but I'm on travel for my other job. However, I did manage to find some time to get it done. I will get back to adding more features in the next week.

    Enjoy!
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions