Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by brnz
    Did that. Pause and Next sometimes worked. If PTunes had turned the screen off last then they mostly? worked. Are you able to ask PTunes to turn off the screen rather than doing it yourself?
    no, I'm not asking PTunes to do it. Still doing it myself. try this test3 version. I extended the time from 2 to 3 seconds before I turn off the screen. The 2 seconds delay seems to help, so I'll give it another second. again try the "Pause" and "Next" actions.

[attachment removed]
    Last edited by whidden; 09/15/2005 at 08:34 PM.
  2.    #102  
    Quote Originally Posted by whidden
    no, I'm not asking PTunes to do it. Still doing it myself. try this test3 version. I extended the time from 2 to 3 seconds before I turn off the screen. The 2 seconds delay seems to help, so I'll give it another second. again try the "Pause" and "Next" actions.
    brnz,
    Don't worry about it anymore. I installed profiles, and found it is the conflict. I'll be able to solve this on my own. Thanks for the help! Use 0.96 until I get it fixed.
    Tried it. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. It can work for several iterations before keeping the keyboard on.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I ran into an interesting problem today. I use a cassette adapter in my car (yes cassette... it's an old car. mmmmmm... Is it weird that I have a phone that's worth as much as my car?).

Anyway, I plugged the Treo in to the cassette adapter, and aeroplayer paused every 3 or 4 seconds. I turned off headset and the pausing stopped. Not a big deal, but I was suprised.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    I ran into an interesting problem today. I use a cassette adapter in my car (yes cassette... it's an old car. mmmmmm... Is it weird that I have a phone that's worth as much as my car?).

Anyway, I plugged the Treo in to the cassette adapter, and aeroplayer paused every 3 or 4 seconds. I turned off headset and the pausing stopped. Not a big deal, but I was suprised.
    You know I've seen that before when I plugged in my FM radio broadcaster. I had forgotten about that (I don't drive too often in Boston). I think the high impedance of these devices play tricks with the headset. I think Palm always had trouble with this even back with the 600. I remember some people with 600's were saying that the headset wouldn't even recognize a high impedance device, and would just play music out of the back speaker. Seems like with the 650 they still haven't worked out all of the kinks. With that said, I'll think about how I can prevent it, but I think it is unavoidable hardware problem.

That makes me wonder... if you have this situation, and you get a phone call, will the phone automatically pick up because of these faulty button press events?
    I have just tried this with Pocket Tunes in background. Had to reset after the unit froze up & much to my surprise it came back asking for language & then I lost everything. Not sure exactly what's happening yet but I'm starting from scratch so it's a little hard to troubleshoot
  7.    #107  
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sydney
    I have just tried this with Pocket Tunes in background. Had to reset after the unit froze up & much to my surprise it came back asking for language & then I lost everything. Not sure exactly what's happening yet but I'm starting from scratch so it's a little hard to troubleshoot
    I'm not sure what to say. The one thing I can tell you is my program doesn't work with databases. It only gets and saves settings from the Palm OS preferences functions. I would say something was definitely wrong beyond HC. That is pretty crazy you lost everything. Just curious, do you run an overclocking utility?
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    You know I've seen that before when I plugged in my FM radio broadcaster. I had forgotten about that (I don't drive too often in Boston). I think the high impedance of these devices play tricks with the headset. I think Palm always had trouble with this even back with the 600. I remember some people with 600's were saying that the headset wouldn't even recognize a high impedance device, and would just play music out of the back speaker. Seems like with the 650 they still haven't worked out all of the kinks. With that said, I'll think about how I can prevent it, but I think it is unavoidable hardware problem.

That makes me wonder... if you have this situation, and you get a phone call, will the phone automatically pick up because of these faulty button press events?
    I thought this had been fixed in the 650. When I moved from the 600 to the 650 I was able to stop using the radio shack volume control to use the adapter. I'll see if I can dig it up. Maybe that volume control would fix the problem.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    One little issue:

I assigned BegSong/Prev to LS. It works. Kind of. It brings me to the start of the song. If I do LS immediately after, it just jumps back to the start of the song again. AeroPlayer's getting too long a time delay between the commands, so it's not going to the Prev, it's just always doing BegSong.

Maybe a tiny delay in your software when it gets a BegSong/Prev, to wait to see if there's another one coming right afterwards?
    hi whidden

I tried the the 2 second version. Same thing. next works, all varietion of pause doesn't. However, I realize after pause, the screen and keyboard do turn off after TWO MINUTES. so that's good.

Also when the screen is turned on by pause, it doesn't change. The current position of the song doesn't change like normal.
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by santa
    One little issue:

I assigned BegSong/Prev to LS. It works. Kind of. It brings me to the start of the song. If I do LS immediately after, it just jumps back to the start of the song again. AeroPlayer's getting too long a time delay between the commands, so it's not going to the Prev, it's just always doing BegSong.

Maybe a tiny delay in your software when it gets a BegSong/Prev, to wait to see if there's another one coming right afterwards?
    santa,
    To be able to take the previous action, you have to generate the button sequence within 2 seconds of the start of the song. I realize now, that may be a little too short of a time to do with HeadsetControl unless you're using the "Short" sequence. I started with 2 seconds because that is the default way PTunes works. I will change it to 5 seconds or maybe make it a custom value.

I may wait for this change until after my 1.0 release, which I hope will be soon. I'm basically trying to finish up the fix for the keyboard lights problem (for people with the Profiles application), clear out any bugs, and create a purchase method.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I may wait for this change until after my 1.0 release, which I hope will be soon. I'm basically trying to finish up the fix for the keyboard lights problem (for people with the Profiles application), clear out any bugs, and create a purchase method.
    Waiting is fine. No hurry on this one.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    Toysoft Strikes again......

PS. Be careful when advertising apps in "development".... someone might beat you to it......

From an e-mail sent to me today......

For limited time offer you can purchase our new
    application called magicButton for only $4.95 USD.

What is magicButton?

The ultimate headset button utility for the Treo600/650. magicButton is a clever utility designed for the TreoŽ 600/650 to control PocketTunes(tm), Dial phone numbers and launch application using the headset button at any time.

magicButton is also integrated with PocketTunes to pause the song if there is an incoming call or when you make a call and unpause after you hang up the call. You can even set magicButton to auto answer the incoming call, block 3rd party caller if you talking. You can safely use magicButton to dial your favorite phone numbers while you are driving. Use magicButton when the Treo is off to dial your favorite number
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    whidden,

Regardless of Toysoft's magic button, I hope you still continue development of your program.

I just look at Toysoft's and their website lists it for $9.95. And after reading their manual, it takes over 110k of memory, you use 5 to 7 button presses to play, stop, or whatever in P-Tunes and has all these extra functions I would never use.

I tried out your program last night (with no problems with keyboard lights) and it is small (much less than 100k) and simple with short and long presses to make P-Tunes do what you want it to do.

I am just looking for something sweet, simple and small. So far yours fits the bill.

P.
    I agree with scaphil. If I buy this app, I want to buy it from whidden.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  16.    #116  
    thanks for the motivation guys!

I'm not too concerned about Toysoft. Though knowing that magicButton is out there, I am trying to speed up development on this a bit. Competition is good for the buyers!

Also, part of my motivation has come from seeing responsive developers like Mark Blank and Jeff Gibson. I want people to know that I plan to give that kind of support to my customers. I hope I have showed that some already.
    Last edited by whidden; 09/16/2005 at 02:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    Toysoft Strikes again......

PS. Be careful when advertising apps in "development".... someone might beat you to it......

From an e-mail sent to me today......

For limited time offer you can purchase our new
    application called magicButton for only $4.95 USD.

What is magicButton?

The ultimate headset button utility for the Treo600/650. magicButton is a clever utility designed for the TreoŽ 600/650 to control PocketTunes(tm), Dial phone numbers and launch application using the headset button at any time.

magicButton is also integrated with PocketTunes to pause the song if there is an incoming call or when you make a call and unpause after you hang up the call. You can even set magicButton to auto answer the incoming call, block 3rd party caller if you talking. You can safely use magicButton to dial your favorite phone numbers while you are driving. Use magicButton when the Treo is off to dial your favorite number
    maybe you should get your facts stright first before you start your flame. Freedom already have all the features to control pocketTunes way before Headset control. magicbutton extends those features and added even more features. do you think that maybe someone else got idea from freedom?
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    Quote Originally Posted by scaphil
    whidden,

Regardless of Toysoft's magic button, I hope you still continue development of your program.

I just look at Toysoft's and their website lists it for $9.95. And after reading their manual, it takes over 110k of memory, you use 5 to 7 button presses to play, stop, or whatever in P-Tunes and has all these extra functions I would never use.

I tried out your program last night (with no problems with keyboard lights) and it is small (much less than 100k) and simple with short and long presses to make P-Tunes do what you want it to do.

I am just looking for something sweet, simple and small. So far yours fits the bill.

P.
    the reason the app is over 100K is because of the voice samples. if you take them out it will be less than 40K. magicButton is more than just controlling ptunes.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
  19.    #119  
    Version 0.98 available!
    -added option to prevent keyboard lights from staying on at
    the expense of keeping the screen on a little longer
    (for conflict with the "Profiles" application)
    -implemented scan action
    -pauses Aeroplayer when headset unplugged (previously only PTunes)

Let me know if everything works ok. If it all goes well, this will be my 1.0 release. For those with issues with Profiles (keyboard lights problem) make sure to check the "Keyboard Lights Fix" in the options menu.

Download at http://www.jwideas.com/
    Last edited by whidden; 09/16/2005 at 05:38 PM.
    I installed the new version and ticked the fix option and soft reset.
    Pause/Play keyboard and screen both work correctly the first iteration but can fail sometime after that. A quick pause after play, when the screen did not light up for the play, seems to trigger it.
    Pulling out the heaset while playing pauses but leaves the screen and keyboard on. They go off after the Treo sleep interval has expired.
    If you Load/Play/Pause while playing, the keyboard can stay on even after the Treo sleep interval has expired. Headset control does not beep to register the button in this case but does perform the action.