Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    this looks like a fantastic idea. thanks for your effort.
    Just what i was looking for.
    I was thinking though that the hybrid headphones only have one button(according to the pic i've seen on ebay) how can you control the ptunes with just 1 button for everything? is there more to it that im not understanding?

thanks
    Made this just for fun...I'm Kermit

Quote Originally Posted by whidden
    Yeah, I understand that problem... I've done the same thing myself with the "short" and "short short" sequences.

Fairly soon, I want to give the option to set your own increment level for the volume actions. I also would like to have "recurring actions" that would keep increasing the volume at short intervals until you stop it with a button press.

I'm still considering what to charge. Currently I'm thinking $6 or $7. Does that sound reasonable?
    If you want, I can work with you to open up the internal preference layout of VolumeCare so you can integrate into my application. If you are interested, drop me an email at GoTreo@wideopenwest.com

Jeff
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by Camel
    this looks like a fantastic idea. thanks for your effort.
    Just what i was looking for.
    I was thinking though that the hybrid headphones only have one button(according to the pic i've seen on ebay) how can you control the ptunes with just 1 button for everything? is there more to it that im not understanding?

thanks
    What I've done is allow you to enter in a sequence of button presses to allow different actions to be performed. Examples: one short press, two short presses, one long press, etc. Once you understand the timing between the short and long presses, you should be able to use this application easily. I hope you give it a shot!
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    ok everyone, I just did a hard reset on my device, and installed 0.94, and got the reset. now that I can generate this reset for myself, I should be able to figure out the problem. go ahead and use 0.93 until I get it fixed.

thanks for the help debugging this!
    Cool!
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  5.    #65  
    Ok, I believe I've fixed the problem. I'm having problems uploading to my web host, so I'm posting it here for now. This new version should start with a indication that defaults will be set.

Let me know how it goes. Hopefully I can get back to adding more functionality!

[removed attachment]
    Last edited by whidden; 09/14/2005 at 10:08 PM.
    I tried this out and it worked fine. However I didn't test the previous versions which caused crashing. Best of luck.
    Tried .95 on my T650 sprint and it works great. Noticed it is a 10 day trial. Hope this becomes available to purchase before it ends. Can't live without it now.
    Last edited by DarkEye; 09/14/2005 at 05:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Ok, I believe I've fixed the problem. I'm having problems uploading to my web host, so I'm posting it here for now. This new version should start with a indication that defaults will be set.

Let me know how it goes. Hopefully I can get back to adding more functionality!
    The reboot on launch is gone!!!

I was able to use all five Areoplayer controls successfully!!!

I did get a couple of soft resets, but I think that might have been due to other stuff being confused. It all seems settled down now.

I can't wait to try this out at the airport on Sunday.

Thanks!
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  9.    #69  
    Version 0.96 available at http://www.jwideas.com/

-added Launch/Start/Stop option to PTunes. this allows the
    current playlist to be preserved instead of using Load/Play/Pause
    -added complete set of matching Aeroplayer actions (except for
    Aeroplayer random toggle - not provided in API)
    -note: the "scan" action is still not implemented
    -reorganized data structures a bit - will cause a reload of
    default values (hopefully I won't have to do this again for a
    while)
    -first attempt to solve the keyboard lights problem some people
    are having (I have yet to personally see this). let me know if
    this works.
    -made some UI adjustments, need feedback on this as well
    -reset trial time since there is no purchasing option yet

brnz, take note of the Launch/Start/Stop PTunes action.

whatever7, let me know if this version fixed the keyboard lights problem. I've got a couple other ideas to try if this doesn't work.
    Hi whidden

-all functions works.
    -volume increment works
    however I lost the "beep" when I press the LONG, is this intentional. I have to press long alot longer becuase I can't hear it.

keyboard still lights up But my Treo is mess up. I might do a reinstall from scretch soon. Don't worry about it. It only lights up with "pause" and "next", it doesn't light up with "resume". Not a big deal.
    Brilliant. Thanks. There are a couple of issues.
    1)
    Pausing PTunes with the headset makes the keyboard lights come on and stay on. The headset button still controls PTunes.
    2)
    If I pull out the headset, whether or not the option is enabled to pause PTunes if I do this, then the keyboard lights come on and stay on. The headset control no longer works in this state. Turning the Treo on fixes it. This happens whether or not PTunes is already paused.
    Last edited by brnz; 09/14/2005 at 11:47 PM. Reason: spelling
    I read the online help and see that one must plug the headset in while the Treo is turned on if the headset control is to work. I have my Treo in a carry case and use it as an mp3 player in my car when I am driving. It would be most useful to simply plug in the headset and hold the headset button without having to open the case and turn the Treo on first.
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by brnz
    I read the online help and see that one must plug the headset in while the Treo is turned on if the headset control is to work. I have my Treo in a carry case and use it as an mp3 player in my car when I am driving. It would be most useful to simply plug in the headset and hold the headset button without having to open the case and turn the Treo on first.
    Yes, I completely agree. It would be already done, if it wasn't difficult to do. The problem is, when the Treo goes to sleep, it essentially turns off the headset jack, and no events are generated from plugging in, unplugging, or button presses. If you disable HeadsetControl while wearing the headset, and turn off the Treo, you can actually "hear" the headset turn off. I will try to look into waking up the Treo and detecting the headset every so often, but I will only do this if I can keep the screen off. I don't think anyone wants to have their Treo screen blinking all day!

FYI, you can plug the headset in with the Treo off, and quickly turn the screen on and off to re-enable HeadsetControl. I know this still probably doesn't help much. Obviously your power button is not accessible with your case. I'm hoping most others will have their power button accessible, and don't find it too bad to turn it on.
    Thanks for the update. I thought this might be the case but I have hope of another way. If the Treo is turned off with the headset plugged in then the button does work. So something knows that the headset is plugged in even though the Treo is asleep. If you then unlug the headset while the Treo is off, and then turn it on, the Treo knows the headset is no longer plugged in. Hopefully you can find that setting and make the Treo think that the headset is always plugged when the Treo is off.
  15.    #75  
    Thanks for the update. I thought this might be the case but I have hope of another way. If the Treo is turned off with the headset plugged in then the button does work. So something knows that the headset is plugged in even though the Treo is asleep. If you then unlug the headset while the Treo is off, and then turn it on, the Treo knows the headset is no longer plugged in. Hopefully you can find that setting and make the Treo think that the headset is always plugged when the Treo is off.
    Actually when turning the Treo off with the headset plugged in, I use a little trick to keep it from completely going to sleep (same trick PTunes probably uses). This keeps the headset jack active to receive events. This can actually drain the battery a little, so if you left your headset plugged in all day, you would notice. If you're listening to music, it makes no difference since the music players keep the Treo from sleeping as well. Chances are, most people probably won't keep the headset in all day, so it's not a problem.

If this is a problem for some people, that's what the "allow device to sleep after x minutes" in the options menu is for. If the device does go to sleep after the timeout period, HeadsetControl is disabled. To re-enable, quickly turn the device on, and off.

Hope this makes sense. I am open to suggestions with this. I will look into a method of checking for the headset while asleep, but it may not be possible.
    Last edited by whidden; 09/15/2005 at 07:17 AM.
    That makes sense. I just tested VoiceDial by VoiceSignal and it does activate with the headset button if the headset is plugged in while the Treo is asleep. So there is a solution out there that works which is nice to know.
  17.    #77  
    That makes sense. I just tested VoiceDial by VoiceSignal and it does activate with the headset button if the headset is plugged in while the Treo is asleep. So there is a solution out there that works which is nice to know.
    no kidding! I'll look into it!
  18.    #78  
    no kidding! I'll look into it!
    I'm curious, if you have both applications enabled, what happens?
    Just tested it. If you install VoiceDial after HeadsetControl, then Headset control works if the headset is inserted when the Treo is off :-) If HeadsetControl is activated after VoiceDial is installed then VoiceDial gets the button. After a soft reset VoiceDial gets the button.
  20.    #80  
    Just tested it. If you install VoiceDial after HeadsetControl, then Headset control works if the headset is inserted when the Treo is off :-) If HeadsetControl is activated after VoiceDial is installed then VoiceDial gets the button. After a soft reset VoiceDial gets the button.
    Cool. There's hope!

So if VoiceDial gets the button, does HeadsetControl do anything? I would have expected the commands for both applications to happen.

I guess I need to just install this app myself. Hopefully I can work it so I can add VoiceDial as an action for HeadsetControl.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast