Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkEye
    HeadsetControl v1.05b is causing a "SysLibFindError" when I do a soft reset on my T650. I removed it and installed v1.03 and now I don't get the error.

v1.05b also did not work all the time when my screen was turned off. I would have to turn the screen on again just to get the button to un-pause again.

I will stick with v1.03 for now.
    Here is my answer to these two problems with HeadsetControl v1.05b:

When things are messed up, you will get SysLibFindError when you launch, enable, or disable HeadsetControl. To Fix this problem and the screen off problem (and I believe keep them fixed until your next reboot), do the following:

Simply call yourself with another phone, answer with the headset, hangup with the headset. At the end of this little ritual, with my configuration, AeroPlayer starts playing briefly, then terminates. (I have short press set to Start/Play/Pause.) After doing this both the SysLibFindError, and the screen off problem seem to be gone until my next reboot.

The big problem is the later of those two issues: not responding to the button when the screen has been off for a short time. This problem can be fixed without calling yourself, simply by running VoiceDial by VoiceSignal. The SysLibFindError will still occur whenever HeadsetControl is launched, enabled, or disabled, but the button will still work even after the phone has completely shut down.

Does this work for you?

Both problems appear to return after a reboot, so feel free to recreate them if you're not currently having them.
    Any news from whidden ?
    Like I said a few months ago, he has taken our money and ran.
  4.    #184  
    New beta available. Fast forward and rewind actions, and RealPlayer support. Read the release notes on my site for full details.

I do apologize for not having many updates. Though I hardly think I'm taking your money and running. This app is far from being a popular one, and considering the time I've already put into it, I'm probably making about 50 cents an hour. Not that I expected this app to be popular or to make any money doing it.

I could have made this app freeware, but if I had you probably would have gotten fewer updates and no support from me. I considered 1.03 a stable, useful product, and I helped anyone that was having problems with it. I hope $7 wasn't too much to ask for that.

With that said, I'm working on a little addition to the program that may make it a little more popular, and hopefully that will give me a little more motivation to continue development. Stay tuned.
    whidden,

maybe I missed the whole thread (to many off-topics going on) but... does HeadsetControl support Bluetooth headsets?
    That is one GREAT utility... please extend to for
    controlling other programs, maybe even allow plugins (I don't
    know if that is possible with PalmOS) for others to specify
    control sequences.

- mvk
    Game over!
    Quote Originally Posted by whidden
    New beta available. Fast forward and rewind actions, and RealPlayer support. Read the release notes on my site for full details.

I do apologize for not having many updates. Though I hardly think I'm taking your money and running. This app is far from being a popular one, and considering the time I've already put into it, I'm probably making about 50 cents an hour. Not that I expected this app to be popular or to make any money doing it.

I could have made this app freeware, but if I had you probably would have gotten fewer updates and no support from me. I considered 1.03 a stable, useful product, and I helped anyone that was having problems with it. I hope $7 wasn't too much to ask for that.

With that said, I'm working on a little addition to the program that may make it a little more popular, and hopefully that will give me a little more motivation to continue development. Stay tuned.
    Great to hear you again !
    I tried your soft and find it's a great piece of software, exactly what I waited for:
    -it's very simple,
    -it works like a charm,
    -it's very light (because treo's memory is so poor).

Hope next releases will respect these points. Please don't make HeadsetControl a big bazar with a lot of useless things as Toysoft done with MagicButton !!!
  8.    #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsbrz
    whidden,

maybe I missed the whole thread (to many off-topics going on) but... does HeadsetControl support Bluetooth headsets?
    No, unfortunately not. As far as I know, there is no way to capture bluetooth button events outside of a phone call. That is unless it supports AVRCP (on stereo bluetooth headsets).
    I see that the power scheme for 1.07b has returned to keeping the device in a partially awake state. My solution in a previous post is still applicable to be able to use HeadsetControl in a fully asleep state. Simply set HeadsetControl 1.07b to "sleep" after 0 minutes. Run VoiceDial by VoiceSignal once and exit. You now have HeadsetControl action without keeping your phone partially awake. VoiceDial apparently requests the Palm wakes up for the headset button presses, and HeadsetControl promptly steals those presses.

whidden, one thing I can't test because I can't get calls where I'm currently located, is this: When answering and hanging up the phone, HeadsetControl 1.05b sent the short button press as desired in the settings. The problem is that it does this REGARDLESS. For instance, with my previous configuration (short press=AeroPlayer start/play/pause), AeroPlayer will BEGIN to play if it is not already, play throughout the call, then end when I hang up the phone with the button. The music cannot be heard during the call, except for a short period after you hang up. This is an especially big problem for audiobooks.

My current soloution is having short press clear. Clearing short press also fixes the Cassette Adaptor / RF modulator feedback impedance issue, since you're ignoring all short presses, even fake ones. For those of you searching this issue is also known affectionately as the "Say a Command" annoyance. So my question is, did you work on either issue, or should I just leave short press clear?
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by znamezsame
    I see that the power scheme for 1.07b has returned to keeping the device in a partially awake state. My solution in a previous post is still applicable to be able to use HeadsetControl in a fully asleep state. Simply set HeadsetControl 1.07b to "sleep" after 0 minutes. Run VoiceDial by VoiceSignal once and exit. You now have HeadsetControl action without keeping your phone partially awake. VoiceDial apparently requests the Palm wakes up for the headset button presses, and HeadsetControl promptly steals those presses.
    Glad to know that's working for you. At some point, I will try to revisit this feature again to be able to do this without VoiceDial. I want to move along to other things before that though.

whidden, one thing I can't test because I can't get calls where I'm currently located, is this: When answering and hanging up the phone, HeadsetControl 1.05b sent the short button press as desired in the settings. The problem is that it does this REGARDLESS. For instance, with my previous configuration (short press=AeroPlayer start/play/pause), AeroPlayer will BEGIN to play if it is not already, play throughout the call, then end when I hang up the phone with the button. The music cannot be heard during the call, except for a short period after you hang up. This is an especially big problem for audiobooks.
    Did you see this problem in 1.03 and 1.05b? I've never run into this problem, but I use 1.03 most of the time. Try the newest beta when you can, and let me know what you find. I'll look into this myself, as soon as I get the code stable from the newest feature I'm adding.

My current soloution is having short press clear. Clearing short press also fixes the Cassette Adaptor / RF modulator feedback impedance issue, since you're ignoring all short presses, even fake ones. For those of you searching this issue is also known affectionately as the "Say a Command" annoyance. So my question is, did you work on either issue, or should I just leave short press clear?
    I do know how to fix the problem with the impedence issue, I just need to get around to it. I'll put it at the top of my list after I'm done adding this new feature I'm working on.
    Hi Whidden,

glad to hear from you again! I want ot ask you for a feature to add to Headset Control... You know that when the phone rings and you are with headset it does not transfer the sound to the earpiece. Can you implement a simple sound notification to your program so the earpiece will sound with incomming call?
    Thanks !
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koleto
    Hi Whidden,

glad to hear from you again! I want ot ask you for a feature to add to Headset Control... You know that when the phone rings and you are with headset it does not transfer the sound to the earpiece. Can you implement a simple sound notification to your program so the earpiece will sound with incomming call?
    Thanks !
    All you need to do to get the phone to ring in the headset is to slide the switch at the top of the phone to mute.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Thanks Santa,

I didn't know this Treo feature! I will use it !
    Koleto, you can also use the free HeadCold software to do this.
  15.    #195  
    Hello HC users,
    The "feature" I was hinting at earlier is now done. I have integrated the AVRCP bluetooth profile in HC to use along with Softick's AudioGateway program. I've only tested it with my own stereo bluetooth headset (GlobalSat BTH-820) and I'd like to get some feedback from others that have different devices. I'm not going to make this publicly available yet in case there are any major bugs, but if you want to test this beta please let me know and email me at support@jwideas.com.
    I was hoping the new feature was going to be auto-execute a button sequence upon insertion of the headset so you don't have to hit the headset button (assuming you even have a headset button). I would think this would be a very quick and very useful feature to implement. Do you still intend to implement this feature?
  17.    #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by brnz
    I was hoping the new feature was going to be auto-execute a button sequence upon insertion of the headset so you don't have to hit the headset button (assuming you even have a headset button). I would think this would be a very quick and very useful feature to implement. Do you still intend to implement this feature?
    That wouldn't be too hard to implement, but the toughest part will be figuring out the best way to add it to the UI and my preferences structure. I've changed the UI a bit for the addition of AVRCP. I'll have to think about this a bit.
    Great. I look forward to seeing it. I was thinking of a drop-down list of None/S/SS/SL etc
    I just d/l 1.07b.
    Just did a couple tests.
    Seems to work fine w/ VD.

How is it going for others?
    Just call me Berd.
    Hello HC users,
    The "feature" I was hinting at earlier is now done. I have integrated the AVRCP bluetooth profile in HC to use along with Softick's AudioGateway program. I've only tested it with my own stereo bluetooth headset (GlobalSat BTH-820) and I'd like to get some feedback from others that have different devices. I'm not going to make this publicly available yet in case there are any major bugs, but if you want to test this beta please let me know and email me at support@jwideas.com.
    I have requested to test this beta a couple different times from a couple different email addresses. I can't seem to get through. Could you please send it to zmailvoid-0 (at symbol) yahoo (dot) com. I use the Plantronics Pulsar 590A. Thanks for making me aware of this new functionality. I rushed out and bought the headset because of your post, and love it.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910