1.    #1  
    This app kicks ****. Does anyone use it?
    I have been using it since it came out. I have used MobiSystems Dictionary for years. I love it.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Does anyone use this with a Mac?
    Thanks Lance
    For some reason I have never noticed this app. I'm going to try it out, and I hope it works better for me than Docs to Go.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    JK over at 1src wrote soem pretty positive reviews of MobiOffice suite. You might want to checkout the articles over there...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    JK over at 1src wrote soem pretty positive reviews of MobiOffice suite. You might want to checkout the articles over there...
    Funny you should say that, because I read one of JK's articles there today about MobiOffice. That's when I realized I had missed what may be a better alternative to Docs to Go and working with native Word docs.

I installed it about 2 minutes ago and am trying it out now. So far, it looks great.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  7.    #7  
    I used it for a month.
    GOOD:
    Great looking app.
    Very functional.
    Easy to use.

BAD:
    Can't read all files like DTG does.
    Takes up too much ram. For some reason, I couldn't move it to the sd card. So I switched back to DTG.
    I had nothing but problems with DTG, resests constantly. Have been using Mobisuite and it works great. This is a much better program than DTG.
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy
    Can't read all files like DTG does.
    What file types do you want to use that it doesn't handle which DTG does? I'm considering switching to OfficeSuite, and don't want to regret it later!

Thanks,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    OfficeSuite reads all of the files DTG does. It also supports "native" RTF files. DTG can read them but can't work with the natively.

Like DTG using their tech tool, you can move most, but not all, of OfficeSuite to the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    OfficeSuite reads all of the files DTG does. It also supports "native" RTF files. DTG can read them but can't work with the natively.

Like DTG using their tech tool, you can move most, but not all, of OfficeSuite to the card.
    OfficeSuite has their own tech tool? I installed this app several weeks ago and also couldn't get it to run from the card, and I didn't find any tech tool...
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    From what I've seen so far with OfficeSuite:

During the install, you get the choice of installing a few of the apps to your card. Not all of them, though. The Database and Paint apps don't off the option to intstall to card (Paint is just too big to even consider leaving in memory considering it isn't mission critical).

After install, I don't see any way to move an app to/from your card.

But, OfficeSuite is a beautilful application with a ton of features. It's got a 30 day trial. I may switch to it before the 30 days is up.

Cheers,
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I looked at it. Bought the database because it's critical for me and makes much better use of the small screen size and high res of the 650. Smartlist to Go is an excellent app and does a lot but the limitation of not taking advantage of the high resolution is what is critically missed in Smartlist.

Other than that I regrest that Officesuite takes up about 2MB per application, which is huge. That is not including fonts. They apparently cannot be run off the SD card. I really hate Palm for underequipping the 650. Those cheap bastards. I wish someone would have a RAM upgrade like for the old Palm Vx, the greatest innovation in handhelds in years.
    According to their doc, Database Pro will run from SD card, but if you do that then it disables the Hotsync conduit.

Speaking of the conduit, they advertise "manage and synchronize Microsoft Access databases" but I can't find a way to do that. Looks to me like you have to import the Access database into Database Pro desktop, and then synchronization is with the copy (not the original Access database).

Also, their multi-level security is very cool, but I don't think there is any way to encrypt a database. Passwords without encryption is useless. Anyone with FileZ can look at your data, so I wouldn't be putting credit card numbers or anything you consider sensitive in there.

Cheers!
    ChickenHawk
    Treo 755p / Sprint
    I'm trying Mobi office and my first impression is that it is the best of the bunch.

I moved the word processing and spreadsheet apps to my sd card using zlauncher. They launch from the card and work fine, but do not delete themselves from RAM when I open the next program. I can manually delete the programs using zlauncher or filez without problems later.

Does anyone have a solution that will cause the proggies to delete from RAM?

Peter
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterrk
    Does anyone have a solution that will cause the proggies to delete from RAM?

Peter
    From what I've seen, it WILL delete the programs from RAM if you launch from a card, but you have to exit the individual app via Menu->Close. If the app is still "running" (re: you're editing a spreadsheet and hit the home key) then it stays in ram, but if you exit out of it, it clears it out of ram. Other than that, I'm not sure.

- Brian
    Global Posts
    591 Global Posts
    just something I posted on a similar thread a while back:

some advice to 600 users re Mobisystem's OfficeSuite: it's not designed to work on anything with less than a 320x320 screen, not that this stops some some reseller sites from listing the 600 as a compatible device.

I emailed Mobisystems about a possible workaround, but they didnt know of any. I'd be interested if any 600 user knows of some hack.

geoff