Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Hi - I have an unlocked unbranded GSM that has been flashed with the latest update, supposedly including the Car Kit Update (1.13ROW / 1.28 SW as per Phone Info).

However, the Bluetooth Car Kit Updater apparently did NOT flash over correctly, as the 650 will not work properly with my UConnect car system (it worked fine before this update!).

Even though Palm states that the Car Kit Updater is part of the latest release, checking the Info shows that the Bluetooth was NOT updated (it is 238K in size, as opposed to the 542K that Palm's support site says it should be to show the update).

The Palm site has that statement on how to check that the update is installed (check the size), but NO information on what to do if it didn't!

Does anyone know how I can flash my ROM up to the proper Bluetooth with the car kit updater?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jasper2k; 09/07/2005 at 10:47 PM.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Never mind - I hacked a custom ROM using the BT files from the Cingular 1.15 update and it works great.

Any of you that are having problems with your car kits where it pairs fine but then refuses to dial the Treo, check the size of your BT library in ROM - if it's not about 542K then you don't have the car kit updater, regardless of what the 1.13ROW udpater readme says!
    Does the Cingular update make the bluetooth conform to 1.2? I'm curious.