1.    #1  
    Hi guys
    I just updated to tomtom 5.12 now when treo is running tomtom the phone shut off after 30 sec. I didn't to that before upgrade. Any idea what's causing it.

Thanks
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by losarhp
    Hi guys
    I just updated to tomtom 5.12 now when treo is running tomtom the phone shut off after 30 sec. I didn't to that before upgrade. Any idea what's causing it.

Thanks
    I would suggest going back to 5.00. Atleast till they get some of the kinks worked out of it.
    I also upgraded TomTom to 5.12, but didn't experience this problem.
    I run firmware 1.28

--> In short this must be some kind of incompatibility with an other app.
    This could be the Cingular 1.15 ROM bug that StopDim corrects.

Jeff
    I don't think it is related to the Treo ROM, but the TomTom software itself. I updated last night and I have a Sprint Treo 650 (ROM 1.12). This morning running the "updated" TomTom software, the Treo would turn off in tune with my screen off/lock settings. Never did that before with the original Nav 5 and Nav 4 software.

Tonight, I am going back to the original Navigator 5 software.

P.
    I'm also running TomTom 5.12 on my Sprint 650 w/ the 1.12 firmware. Basically, it works quite well. In fact, 5.12 works better than 5.0 for me. I don't have any issues with the phone turning off. I wish that I could give you some advice on how to make it work so well.

From the TomTom website, here is a list of the improvements:

* Both NAVIGATOR 5 and Contacts Navigation can independently be assigned to a button. This feature works for me. Prior to this, Contacts Navigation did not work.
    * Improved error messages in the HotSyncİ log. No improvement, I still get the hotsync warnings.
    * For PalmOne Treo 650:
    o Improved handling of incoming phone calls - the device will now automatically switch back to NAVIGATOR 5 after the phone call has been connected. This doesn't work for me. I still need to re-open Navigator. This isn't really an issue since it is programmed in as a "favorite" key.
    o The device will always turn off when the power key is pressed. This feature works as advertised.

With the previous version of Navigator, I had to have the GPS unit turned on prior to starting up TomTom in order for it to communicate. Now, I can turn on Navigator first and start up my GPS unit at any time. This is convenient.