1. Zaw
    I tried avantgo because of TV advertise ments and other their website advertisements. I installed on my standard Visor and it taxing my memory almost 300k just for the browser. .
    Also its hard to configure/preview contant that i would like to load. only way to configure it via avantgo.com Its pain in the *** to load their web site on DialUp connection. So I unilstalled and wen to PHQ and look for websoftware and found this program PenDragon. Much much better.

Program it self is less then 100k. Scrolling is slow but i can live with that. is there are any other webprogram that you expert can recommand me?

One other i don't like about avantgo is their contant is propiority seems like. Why do they want to do that. Its only matter of webmaster putting black white graphics and text only verion of their webpage for Palm Users. there is no need to make another markup language just for Palm view.. I think HTML is just as good.

So what do you use for your web browseing on your visor?
    AvantGo isn't proprietary. They don't use the entire HTML standard, so things like background colors and fonts don't work on the Palm version.

Proxiweb is another browser that I know of.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Originally posted by JHromadka
    AvantGo isn't proprietary. They don't use the entire HTML standard, so things like background colors and fonts don't work on the Palm version.
    It doesn't do JavaScript either. Bummer.

Isn't ProxiWeb yesterday's version of today's Browse-It?

=Dave=
    I do NOT look wierd! I just look ... "different".
  4. Zaw
    Originally posted by JHromadka

What i trying to say is those channel are serve as Simple URL on a website and they're trying to hide it.

e.g TheOnion.com you can have avantgo ch or you can just goto http://mobile.theonion.com. If you wanted on your PDA you can have other software or scripts that Phrase with link level and imageparameters. But no.. they make the website hide the url to no one else is going to get their market share.

I'm use a lot of Pendragon Borwser now.. I also found sitescooper and it just revel all the avantgo channel they're trying to hide. Also. their scrip is niceer the and more controlable then Avantgo.

The fact that it is URL based is VERY cool. I would guess only 1/2 of the 18 channels I subscribe to are actually Avantgo channels.

Most of them are actually web-based bulletin boards (just like this one on visor central). Catch the URL pointing to the form I want, set the drill-down level to 1 layer, and I get all the messages in that forum I want. I can keep up with my internet reading regardless of where I am. This plus wesync are the best palm apps IMHO.

My biggest complaint of Avantgo is the 2meg download limit!

Originally posted by mctague

My biggest complaint of Avantgo is the 2meg download limit!

set up a second account on avantgo with a different user name. install a second server in your mobilelink with the second user information (username/password) they'll both sync to your visor.

Then, while in avantgo, tap on the 'Go' menu and then 'Choose Server'...you can switch to your second AvantGo user account and read the channels that were synced to that account. A neat trick is to have all business and news under one account and reference (maps, etc.) under the other account. that way you're not constantly switching between servers.

i found this trick out once when i accidently was syncing the same account twice....i switched the settings to one with my fiance's info and i was syncing her channels and mine!! Which ...on a tangent...is probably how WeSync accomplishes the multiple calendar syncing.
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?
    Today, I lost the VisorCentral color banner. Its black and white again. Same thing happend last week to PDA buzz. I still get color on other pages.

BTW, was refresh all content ever done? to solve the no color option?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Its a good thing I just brought my previously-idle USB cradle to work, because Hoser_in_USA just doubled my sync time!

Great tip Hoser! As is the dividing it up to play & work.
    Originally posted by mctague
    Its a good thing I just brought my previously-idle USB cradle to work, because Hoser_in_USA just doubled my sync time!

Great tip Hoser! As is the dividing it up to play & work.

Hey! you asked for the zillion megs of avantgo channels...i just 'taught you how to fish'! don't blame me if it takes you the better half of a day to sync all your channels!
    wow, it's been awhile.....things have REALLY changed...why is my Visor Edge still in my hand? Will a Treo fit better?